Christian Benteke

Kwan

“If someone matches that buy-out clause there is nothing we can do about it but until that happens he is an Aston Villa player and we are all very pleased about that."

That's not him saying he's staying does it, he think he's staying based on that no bid has come in that has matched the clause, once that is done, he will be gone.

“If someone matches that buy-out clause there is nothing we can do about it but until that happens he is an Aston Villa player and we are all very pleased about that."

That's not him saying he's staying does it, he think he's staying based on that no bid has come in that has matched the clause, once that is done, he will be gone.

Yup, and once it doesn't he isn't.

• Like 1

Ideally he stays but Amavi, Embolo, Praet and another striker wouldn't be a bad business at all.

Problem is I can see only one or two happening from those. Amavi seems the closest. Think Praet is a dream whilst Embolo might also not be straight forward.

Therefore expect Rickie Lambert to turn up instead.

Yup, and once it doesn't he isn't.

Obviously, it's more the pops at the Belgian Journo who we all know has contacts with CB and his agent.

Basically what TS just said on SSN is if they dont pay the £32.5 million hes going nowhere,even though they have just sold Stirling i just cant see them spending that much.

• Like 1

Well Sterling has only now just gone to City officially, so if Liverpool want him they've got the readies now.

they want him,  but they want him for 25M

• Like 1

Well Sterling has only now just gone to City officially, so if Liverpool want him they've got the readies now.

They don't have as much as the fee suggests. The deal is 44m in transfer fee, with 5m add-ons, and 20% going to QPR, so if everything is paid up front, which is unlikely. They probably got about 15m on completion of the transfer

They don't have as much as the fee suggests. The deal is 44m in transfer fee, with 5m add-ons, and 20% going to QPR, so if everything is paid up front, which is unlikely. They probably got about 15m on completion of the transfer

Yeah probably, although it's unlikely we'll get the entire fee up front either.  Transfers rarely work like that.

Yeah probably, although it's unlikely we'll get the entire fee up front either.  Transfers rarely work like that.

Our one has a release clause, which would suggest it is entirely up front, otherwise it wouldn't technically be triggering it (or a club could offer a pound now, and the rest over 20 years and trigger it)

• Like 1

Think Liverpool will stump up the money now. They need to spend some of that Sterling money, at £32.5m it would still be a good and fair deal for them imo.  

Their fans want Reus, I think their fans will be disappointed. 

Edited by PieFacE

Think Liverpool will stump up the money now. They need to spend some of that Sterling money, at £32.5m it would still be a good and fair deal for them imo.

I hope they aren't.

• Like 2

they want him,  but they want him for 25M

Well I bet Man City didn't want to pay £49million for Sterling. 

At the same time, I think it's best all round to get this sorted ASAP. It's a question of who blinks first isn't it? Is it worth taking a small hit on the £32.5 clause in order to ensure the cash is in the bank and hopefully able to be spent, or do we hold tight and hope they don't come in on deadline day and leave no time for a replacement and the squad building that is desperately needed for the campaign ahead?

It's a tough one.

I really do hope there's some kind of deadline on the release clause? I really wouldn't put it past Liverpool to wait til the last day of the window to activate it. 

Edited by PieFacE

I really do hope there's some kind of deadline on the release clause? I really wouldn't put it past Liverpool to wait til the last day of the window to activate it. 

Our incoming fax and phone lines will be "down" that day

• Like 2

Their fans thinking they could even attract Reus shows just how deluded they are. If Reus was available every club in Europe would be after him.

As Sherwood has stated that he is going nowhere unless the release clause is met, and it is looking unlikely that it will be met, could we possibly in the future assume that he is staying in stead of constantly assuming that he is going.

As Sherwood has stated that he is going nowhere unless the release clause is met, and it is looking unlikely that it will be met, could we possibly in the future assume that he is staying in stead of constantly assuming that he is going.

But the respected belgian journalist says hes going

Â