Christian Benteke

Kwan

Is Liverpool a risky move for Benteke?

They have a better, more creative squad than us. In principle it means more chances for Benteke but the opposite could be true.

Liverpool like us to believe that that play a more patient, footballing, possession style game. 

Paul Lambert tried it, Benteke looked like a fish out of water. Goals dried up and his confidence not long after. His first touch deserted him and he was toothless leading the line in that system... Liverpool's system. I can't see them changing it to accommodate him.

Admittedly, Coutinho and co will me more adept at putting him clear than Cleverley and Westwood but a better, more creative squad could well mean less goals for him imo.

Edited by piav_k4

Brum mail saying no deal agreed. Liverpool won't pay full amount and villa won't sell unless it's met

Which makes them utter assholes considering their stances on Suaraz and Sterling when they have been the selling club and the amount they have spent this window they clearly had enough to pay the fee.

• Like 1

amazing how hardly any plop fan want him.ok hes diff type player what there used to but come on every single one of there strikers was pants last season.to challenge the top 4 they need goals n benteke will score

if i was benteke i wouldnt wanna go there knowin the fans dont rate me

Edited by Villan81

He's not a big enough name for the Liverpool fans and they don't like how he only turns up for a 1/3 of the season. For us that 1/3 is enough to keep us up, but it won't be enough to get them in the Champions League.

Seen he's been removed from the official kit launch on site. I now think he may be gone

Why would they put his picture up and then take it down? His pose in that picture is a goal celebration so it's been photoshopped by someone. Gabby and Grealish are actually posing with the shirt on. Did anyone actually see that picture of him on the official site?

Photoshopped?That's his goal celebration,Gabby sometimes does the 'shush' goal celebration and Grealish we don't know cos he hasn't scored yet.

Seen he's been removed from the official kit launch on site. I now think he may be gone

Why would they put his picture up and then take it down? His pose in that picture is a goal celebration so it's been photoshopped by someone. Gabby and Grealish are actually posing with the shirt on. Did anyone actually see that picture of him on the official site?

Photoshopped?That's his goal celebration,Gabby sometimes does the 'shush' goal celebration and Grealish we don't know cos he hasn't scored yet.

Yeah, maybe, JUST MAYBE, he was asked to point his fingers up in the air. But that would have been a lot more time taking and less reasonable than to photoshop it...

He's not a big enough name for the Liverpool fans and they don't like how he only turns up for a 1/3 of the season. For us that 1/3 is enough to keep us up, but it won't be enough to get them in the Champions League.

only because he's always returning from injury for the rest of the season

Brum mail saying no deal agreed. Liverpool won't pay full amount and villa won't sell unless it's met

Which makes them utter assholes considering their stances on Suaraz and Sterling when they have been the selling club and the amount they have spent this window they clearly had enough to pay the fee.

I don't see how that makes them "utter assholes".  Surely it's better to haggle over an asking price rather than pay the full amount?  If they want him that badly, they know what to stump up...

• Like 1

Yeah, maybe, JUST MAYBE, he was asked to point his fingers up in the air. But that would have been a lot more time taking and less reasonable than to photoshop it...
That's it, he's sold then.......

Found him, He's still on the site. As you click on kits in the club shop lol

He must be signing a new contract then. [emoji14]
Get all the money you have on him staying. He's just been moved there as punishment for dragging us through it all again

TalkSport you say? :)

I don't see us selling under the clause price and I don't see Liverpool meeting that price, unless they sell Sterling. Even then I'm not entirely convinced they are in for him.

Utter cobblers from TS, again.

• Like 2

Official site just tweeted the picture lol. I want my life back

Help me Trent, put me out of my miserly. Some good news will help greatly lol

I don't deal in good news, just Villa news :)

I'm calling cobblers on this stuff today. That isn't to say he won't go this window, he clearly wants to and who can really blame him.

Official site just tweeted the picture lol. I want my life back

Help me Trent, put me out of my miserly. Some good news will help greatly lol

I don't deal in good news, just Villa news :)

I'm calling cobblers on this stuff today. That isn't to say he won't go this window, he clearly wants to and who can really blame him.

That doesn't help lol

Â