Christian Benteke

Kwan

Liverpool chucking in a derisory low bid is exactly designed to have the effect it seems to be having to some on here - OMG they're not going to pay full whack so we better accept less plus some player instead.  Well, No thanks.  There's no-one there that I'd want (that they'd chuck in).  Put up or do one.

He may not ideally want to be here next season, but if he is he will want to perform to a) make sure he's still first choice for the euros and b ) to prove he is worth the fee to clubs in CL positions - whether that's January or next summer.   There be no lack of incentive for him to perform well and a distinct possibility that with a stronger, better performing team around him he will excel.

Edited by rubberman
  • Like 1

I wouldn't lower the price at all, unless Benteke was to go on strike and be useless for the next 2 years, which I don't think he will do.

If Lukaku is worth £28m then spending £32m on Benteke isn't exactly that much of a stretch. 

For us to lower the asking price just because Liverpool want us to is ridiculous. I don't see them lowering the price of Sterling because Man City don't want to spend £50m.... 

• Like 1

My Liverpool fan friend is adamant that 25m plus Lambert has been accepted. He has no sources, so I'm guessing he's just reading the Liverpool forums.

That would mean they value a 32 year old striker they don't want at 7.5m. I hope Villa ain't stupid about that. For 32m we can invest well, we don't want their overvalued cast offs thank you.

My Liverpool fan friend is adamant that 25m plus Lambert has been accepted. He has no sources, so I'm guessing he's just reading the Liverpool forums.

That would mean they value a 32 year old striker they don't want at 7.5m. I hope Villa ain't stupid about that. For 32m we can invest well, we don't want their overvalued cast offs thank you.

I really don't see that being true. 

I really don't see that being true. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Not sure what's more ridiculous the bid or the comments coming from their fans. A proven goalscorer at this record and they're acting like he can't tie his own shoes. Embarrassing uneducated halfwits.

Yeh it appears they hate the guy.

All the comments are labelling him as just a lump up front who won't have a clue about how to play with such classy players like firmino and coutinho.

It's incredible really. I'm aware we have played direct at times up to Benteke but you only have to watch him for a couple of games to realise he has pace and trickery aswell as being strong and great in the air.

They don't deserve him and I will be furious if we accept sub 30m.

The amount of great goals he's scored against them, should give them some idea, the thick Scouse words removed! 

I wouldn't lower the price at all, unless Benteke was to go on strike and be useless for the next 2 years, which I don't think he will do.

If Lukaku is worth £28m then spending £32m on Benteke isn't exactly that much of a stretch.

For us to lower the asking price just because Liverpool want us to is ridiculous. I don't see them lowering the price of Sterling because Man City don't want to spend £50m....

I agree that he wont go on strike.too risky with euros next summer

wonder if he watchs sky news and thinks " if they want me surely match the clause they was told from the start "

Yes I have come around to the way of thinking that we shouldn't sell him unless a club meets the release clause amount. If Benteke wants his dream move then he would have to try even harder so some club will be willing to pay the 32.5 mil maybe in January. 

Firstly i would say we need to stop the lower league gambles

what has Origi done thats spectacular you'd accept a player as part of the deal on loan just to make better for them?

Well he's not lower league for a start, he's a full Belgium international who cost them £10m.  

Granted he's an unknown quantity in the Premier League and he didn't have the best of seasons last year when he was loaned back to Lille - but he is decent and i'm guessing he's one of a small number of players Liverpool would be prepared to loan.

Not all loan deals are bad - if he can come in and do a job, add competition up top for a season without costing anything, we can afford to spend more money on quality rather than quantity.

Could be an interesting conversation between Randy and any potential purchasers if Benteke is refusing to sign a new contract. Do the club lower their demands or let Benteke run down his contract?? Lerner threatened to let Barry run down his contract when he wanted to go to Liverpool IIRC - he then subsequently sold him the following summer for a reduced fee. I reckon this could resolve itself the same way.

I literally just woke up from a nightmare that he signed for Liverpool.

As long as Liverpool pay £32.5m I don't mind. We get a great return profit wise, he gets a move to a bigger and better team which he wants and we can re invest to improve the team. If they don't meet the fee then they can **** off

Firstly i would say we need to stop the lower league gambles

what has Origi done thats spectacular you'd accept a player as part of the deal on loan just to make better for them?

Well he's not lower league for a start, he's a full Belgium international who cost them £10m.

Granted he's an unknown quantity in the Premier League and he didn't have the best of seasons last year when he was loaned back to Lille - but he is decent and i'm guessing he's one of a small number of players Liverpool would be prepared to loan.

Not all loan deals are bad - if he can come in and do a job, add competition up top for a season without costing anything, we can afford to spend more money on quality rather than quantity.

the lower league gamble was refering to that charlton player

we would just be getting Origi ready for the prem for them.

As long as Liverpool pay £32.5m I don't mind.

I must say that I do :) I would hate to see him in their shirt.

As much as I love him he doesn't really want to be here. He turns it on when he has to/needs to. We can and will replace him, we are a lower league feeder club for the top boys as much as that sounds awful but that's the way the prem is now. Sell him while his stock is high I say

• Like 1

Â