Christian Benteke

Kwan

the way this is going to pan out is the scenario we dont want and cant afford.

i cant see anyone coming in for benteke this summer, or even in january, the only possibility in january is if one of the top 5 is struggling to break into the top 4 place and they need a final push, other than that, i cant see any movement.

as he (his agent) doesnt want to sign a new contract or be here, he will most likely run out his contract and leave on a free.

I would have no problem with Benteke seeing out his present contract because we would get another 2 years of goals from him. It would be a lot better a situation than losing him on transfer deadline day without being able to replace him.

We would get him for say £14m a year if 28m is all anyone is prepared to currently pay for him and it would save us around £30k a week over that 2 year period if he is not prepared to sign another contract. But I think if no club meets the £32.5m figure then he will sign another contract and take the extra cash to stay with us for another season or two.  

Edited by John
  • Like 1

i cant see anyone coming in for benteke this summer, or even in january, the only possibility in january is if one of the top 5 is struggling to break into the top 4 place and they need a final push, other than that, i cant see any movement.

as he (his agent) doesnt want to sign a new contract or be here, he will most likely run out his contract and leave on a free.

I would have no problem with Benteke seeing out his present contract because we would get another 2 years of goals from him. It would be a lot better a situation than losing him on transfer deadline day without being able to replace him.

We would get him for say £14m a year if 28m is all anyone is prepared to currently pay for him and it would save us around £30k a week over that 2 year period if he is not prepared to sign another contract. But I think if no club meets the £32.5m figure then he will sign another contract and take the extra cash to stay with us for another season or two.

Tim Sherwood knew exactly what he was doing when he revealed the buy out clause, it was a win win situation for him.

Expect him to stay and score a hatful of goals and he will be sold for around £15m next summer, forget the buyout clause cause next summer its sell him for ££ or he goes for free following year.

We have him for 2 more seasons? I will take that.

• Like 1

Tim Sherwood knew exactly what he was doing when he revealed the buy out clause, it was a win win situation for him.

Expect him to stay and score a hatful of goals and he will be sold for around £15m next summer, forget the buyout clause cause next summer its sell him for ££ or he goes for free following year.

No, if he scores a hatful of goals we will get at least £32m next summer.

No chance we will.

I am becoming repetitive, but at this moment in time we rate him more than other clubs. No one will meet the buy out clause, he will be with us at least another season, and if he is successful we would still get the buy out clause next summer.

I also suspect he will sign a new contract with us.

And if he leaves for nothing after next 2 seasons, he will hopefully have fired us into a decent position in the league where we will be able to attract better players.

And over those 2 seasons I would hope that Sherwood would be building a better side around Benteke, with the advantage that would give Fox to increase revenue streams also during that time.

• Like 2

No chance we will.

We will have to disagree. In that scenario he will be more saleable than he is now.

If he stays for for a full season he will score 30+ goals. We will get the £32.5m because there will be a bidding war, no doubt about it.

This and that it why we don't have to sell at all. 

Best scenario is to keep him for 2 more years and hope he has given us a better platform to move on from. We will not be that lucky again with a player for 7 mill.  

• Like 3

If he stays for for a full season he will score 30+ goals. We will get the £32.5m because there will be a bidding war, no doubt about it.

don't see us getting 32 mill with a year left on his contract

Why?

To the elite, chasing a 30 goal a season striker, it's a drop in the ocean. They will pay it just to get a bite at the cherry.

Score 30 goals on top of his already very impressive strike rate and the Madrids come sniffing.

Why?

To the elite, chasing a 30 goal a season striker, it's a drop in the ocean. They will pay it just to get a bite at the cherry.

Score 30 goals on top of his already very impressive strike rate and the Madrids come sniffing.

That works out at roughly £1million a goal. When you think about it that way its nothing for the top teams. They'll drop that easily on him if he does score that many goals next season.

If he were to sign a new contract for 1 more year on higher wages, I really doubt that him and his agent would agree to a higher release clause. I imagine the release clause would remain as it is, and that would be a deal-breaker for them.

If the release clause was increased, and Benteke has another season with an injury, or simply an average season by his standards, they would know that they could be in the exact same situation that they are now - a release clause that seems too high compared to his actual value, resulting in teams looking like they're not interested, and Villa insisting we'll just keep him for another year unless no-one meets the clause.

Why?

always be a cheaper option elsewhere.you wont get his buy out clause with 12 months left on his contract no chance in hell

Why?

always be a cheaper option elsewhere.you wont get his buy out clause with 12 months left on his contract no chance in hell

So be it. I am not worried whether we get the buy out clause, £20m or £40m in 12 months time. I would rather have him with us for the following season and who knows with a new owner and some investment on the playing side by then staying with us might look a better option for him than it does now.  

Edited by John

as i've said befor i dont think he will leave this summer and realy hope he doesn't

if we are gonna get taken over then we stand a better chance of moving forward from where we been last 5 years with Christian stayin

• Like 1

Â