Christian Benteke

Kwan

It makes no sense because a release clause is a set fee. Chelsea bidding more than Wolfsburg doesn't stop them from talking to Benteke provided they met the set fee.

Doesn't Benteke have a say in it though? Just because someone meets the fee, doesn't mean we have to sell. We don't have to accept the bit, if the player doesn't want to go. For instance if Stoke bid £32.5m, that doesn't mean he's going to sign for them.

We DO have to accept the bid, the player doesn't have to move though

Someone has said elsewhere that if potential owners have exclusivity on a bid for us, then we can't sell or buy any players whilst it's in affect. If true we know Benteke will be here for a while longer yet.

• Like 2

Someone has said elsewhere that if potential owners have exclusivity on a bid for us, then we can't sell or buy any players whilst it's in affect. If true we know Benteke will be here for a while longer yet.

Sounds about right, he'll be classed as an asset and part of value of the club, no deals in or out for a while, unless it's a barcelona-esque transfer embargo in which case we're free to do whatever we want

• Like 2

Pretty sure we can still buy and sell. They are granted access to our accounts, to see incomings, outgoings and forecasts. Those accounts will change weekly you'd have thought, whilst they have access to the accounts I'd imagine they can still change, it's just that they can view those changes.

Aren't players just staff members effectively? Surely we can fire and hire in other areas of the business. Why not the playing staff. If someone in hospitality hands in their notice is it rejected until the business is sold?

• Like 2

Generally after a takeover the new owners like to make a statement of intent. Now I don't think for one minute that Benteke will still be here next year but you would of thought any potential new owners would at least make a good offer. Last thing they would want is the star asset sodding of the minute they walk through the door.

Sounds about right, he'll be classed as an asset and part of value of the club, no deals in or out for a while, unless it's a barcelona-esque transfer embargo in which case we're free to do whatever we want

If he is sold, then technically the asset then becomes either money in the bank, or money owed by debtor. However, you would have thought a sale is unlikely in the middle of a takeover bid, unless it was discussed with the potential new owners and their permission was given on the values involved.

I definitely think there will be incoming and outgoing activity within the next six weeks. If Liverpool come in for Benteke we can hardly just say sorry I know we have a clause but no ones getting in or out until six weeks are up. We could miss out on everyone of Sherwood's targets in that time.

I'd be very surprised if an embargo is in place.

Im confused.com 

Surely he cant go anywhere till at least August 1st anyway, when the transfer window opens?

Â