Christian Benteke

Kwan

So does everyone like him now?

I never stopped liking him. Was clear he wasn't fit at the back end of last calendar year and between the West Brom game and today no one had been particularly good.

Beast.

Edited by Mantis

So does everyone like him now?

I think we all love him to be honest and every player goes through a tough patch, we know this. I know there has been negativity but in all honesty I think we'd all be happy for him to do well and move on up through the ranks of world football.

We know he has the talent, I think that is where most if not all of any negativity towards him stems from, we know what he is capable of and he wasn't performing for whatever reason. Hopefully that changes now.

Best player we've had since Yorke for me, some people just get over excited by bad runs of form.

Interesting that he's only one goal behind Lukaku who scored yesterday.

Agreed the talk of second season syndrome, we should have sold him and bad attitude was ridiculous.

Fantastic player.

His second season syndrome or whatever his problem is just might work in our favour.

Who is going to pay the type of money we will want after this season's performances? He might set the World Cup on fire but probably not.

I think there is every chance he is still here next season........

Great performance today and showed exactly what I thought he had been lacking all season.

His presence was there, his stature and toughness came into play, he looked up for it and actually helped make things tick which he has not done much this season.

I still think he might be playing for a move away from our club personally but I think if one thing could save any bad blood the fans still hold towards him about wanting to move away would be to sign Romelu Lukaku no matter what it takes!

Take out Kozak, Holt, Helanius, & Bowery and put Lukaku alongside Benteke with Bacuna, Weimann & Agbonlahor  in behind the front two in AM roles and there will not be many teams stopping us next season, and it would also ensure Benteke knuckles down and stays with us.

John Gregory tried similar back in the day in signing Luc Nillis and Giles De Bilde, those 2 where awesome at PSV and you just have to feel what could have been for Villa having these 2 play alongside once again.

Unfortunately Luc Nillis broke his leg and it put that whole thing to bed.

We need to sign Lukaku before next season.  Id say around 10m should be it, 15-20m would be more than enough to make sure it did happen.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Great performance today and showed exactly what I thought he had been lacking all season.

His presence was there, his stature and toughness came into play, he looked up for it and actually helped make things tick which he has not done much this season.

I still think he might be playing for a move away from our club personally but I think if one thing could save any bad blood the fans still hold towards him about wanting to move away would be to sign Romelu Lukaku no matter what it takes!

Take out Kozak, Holt, Helanius, & Bowery and put Lukaku alongside Benteke with Bacuna, Weimann & Agbonlahor  in behind the front two in AM roles and there will not be many teams stopping us next season, and it would also ensure Benteke knuckles down and stays with us.

John Gregory tried similar back in the day in signing Luc Nillis and Giles De Bilde, those 2 where awesome at PSV and you just have to feel what could have been for Villa having these 2 play alongside once again.

Unfortunately Luc Nillis broke his leg and it put that whole thing to bed.

We need to sign Lukaku before next season.  Id say around 10m should be it, 15-20m would be more than enough to make sure it did happen.

Lukaku will be fulfilling his destiny as the new Drogba for Mourinho next year. I'm not disagreeing with the idea of an attacking 5 and a defensive 5, that woudl certainly be a good team to watch.

Lukaku is not a Drogba type of player and thats why JM sent him on loan. CB is more Drogba like, Lukaku with his back to goal is not all that great, think he's even admitted that its something he needs to work on. As for Benteke, I've said this for a while, we need to play into him rather than for him to look for flick on's on all the time. He has the ability with the ball at his feet.

"I enjoyed playing up front with Lukaku," Benteke said after the victory in Cleveland. "I played a little deeper than him and I like that. I like touching the ball a lot, while he likes playing off the defenders' shoulders. He also made me more comfortable – when I am on my own up front all the attention is on me, but here it was also on him."

Benteke on Lukaku.

His second season syndrome or whatever his problem is just might work in our favour.

Who is going to pay the type of money we will want after this season's performances? He might set the World Cup on fire but probably not.

I think if we can see he isn't a one season and the talent is undeniably there, then surely managers and scouts will be able to.

Quite a few top clubs will be in for a striker this Summer I'd think, especially in England with Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Spurs an possibly Liverpool should they sell Suarez for a fortune. Then you have the likes of Dortmund etc.

We'll see I guess!

I think if we can see he isn't a one season and the talent is undeniably there, then surely managers and scouts will be able to.

Quite a few top clubs will be in for a striker this Summer I'd think, especially in England with Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Spurs an possibly Liverpool should they sell Suarez for a fortune. Then you have the likes of Dortmund etc.

We'll see I guess!

I still think it'll take 25mill plus to get us on the table to discuss a move.

I wouldn't rule out Plop to be fair, if Madrid go in with a huge bid for Suarez they will have some serious cash to burn.

It all depends on how he finishes the season and the world cup I reckon, but I'm sure he would still be on many teams radars.

Â