Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think he's turning the corner. Played a little bit like his normal self against Fulham. Would help if we played a little better around him, but he's slowly getting there. I'm confident he'll get going again.

I hate all the bullshit about whether he's **** interested or not, it's so stupid. He's not the most emotional guy, he had the exact same reserved demeanor on the pitch when he was playing well last season as he does now. The only difference was he was playing well. Now that he's struggling (and isn't getting much help), it's disinterest. Being reserved in his reactions and everything is just how he acts, it's not that he doesn't give a shit.

spot on, its too easy to say he's not interested and will leave in January just because he's going through a lean patch. Could easily have scored a couple on sunday.

The one person who knows he needs to start banging in the goals to a) be first choice at the world cup and b, to get his big money move out of here is Christian Benteke. He will come good, still a yard of the pace for me and is now a known danger man. Senderous for example bascially sat on his shoulders all game. He'll come good.

Edited by villan_007

I am also of the opinion that a goal could change it all its not like hes an average player who had a good season and is now struggling to replicate it everyone saw what he can do last season and the ability is undoubtedly there. Football is baffling sometimes with stuff like this.

The van nistelrooy ketchup bottle quote is quite apt here, lets hope it happens that way.

thought he did ok vs fulham, he got into positions but jsut not happening in front of goal, he reminds me a bit like papiss cisse was last season. I think if he gets a goal he will burst back into life

I hope its nothing like Papiss Cisse, as he’s shit.

I thought he looked good as did we at the start of the Fulham game, they looked weak and devoid of confidence, its just a shame we didn't continue and went shit fast!

Its not all down to our play, its not the teams fault when he miss controls it or doesn't pass properly.

It's obvious Benteke has massively underperformed since return from injury but what can you say about Weimann and Gabby? They've virtually been on walkabout all season. Why was that splendid goal against the only one from Gabby all season. 3 assists in the first 5 games and then nothing besides the Soton game. 

• Like 1

It's obvious Benteke has massively underperformed since return from injury but what can you say about Weimann and Gabby? They've virtually been on walkabout all season. Why was that splendid goal against the only one from Gabby all season. 3 assists in the first 5 games and then nothing besides the Soton game.

They were sticking much wider last year and for some reason - natural instinct maybe - are coming in much narrower this season which is clogging up the area around Tekkers.

I am also of the opinion that a goal could change it all its not like hes an average player who had a good season and is now struggling to replicate it everyone saw what he can do last season and the ability is undoubtedly there. Football is baffling sometimes with stuff like this.

The van nistelrooy ketchup bottle quote is quite apt here, lets hope it happens that way.

I'd never heard that before, so thought I'd post it in case it had slipped by anyone else. So yes I agree hope this is the outcome.

"Sometimes they don't come no matter how much you push, but later they all come out in one hit".

I'd never heard that before, so thought I'd post it in case it had slipped by anyone else. So yes I agree hope this is the outcome.

"Sometimes they don't come no matter how much you push, but later they all come out in one hit".

Why bring Van Nistelrooy's toilet habits into this conversation? ;)

Agreed. Gabby's form always dips for a while after injury but Weimann as been poor nearly most of the season. He looked lively and dangerous against Sunderland and cut a decent pass to Luna to go 1-3 against Arsenal, but that's about it.

Â