Christian Benteke

Kwan

looks like a bang on the knee going in for a challenge and  taken off straight away so who knows!

I got really scared as the challenge was to the same knee he hurt before I believe. But I saw him walking to the bench without a limp but who knows!

Yes lets hope he's ok. Not the best of nights for him or Belgium but Columbia look good

looks like a bang on the knee going in for a challenge and  taken off straight away so who knows!

I got really scared as the challenge was to the same knee he hurt before I believe. But I saw him walking to the bench without a limp but who knows!

Yes lets hope he's ok. Not the best of nights for him or Belgium but Columbia look good

Colombia* haha

Because Adebayor is very lazy and has been abysmal. He was very good for Spurs when on loan to earn a contract. Benteke would be the exact kind of striker they need, they just didn't realise it at the time.

I get the impression that Abebayor doesn't even like playing football. It is just a means to a end ie a brillant lifestyle with loads of money. I think Benteke enjoys his work, but in fairness he will probably enjoy even more if he played in a really good team.

Because Adebayor is very lazy and has been abysmal. He was very good for Spurs when on loan to earn a contract. Benteke would be the exact kind of striker they need, they just didn't realise it at the time.

I get the impression that Abebayor doesn't even like playing football. It is just a means to a end ie a brillant lifestyle with loads of money. I think Benteke enjoys his work, but in fairness he will probably enjoy even more if he played in a really good team.

And funding several charities in Togo, that too.

I get the impression that Abebayor doesn't even like playing football. It is just a means to a end ie a brillant lifestyle with loads of money. I think Benteke enjoys his work, but in fairness he will probably enjoy even more if he played in a really good team.
And funding several charities in Togo, that too.

Pretty sure the Togo shooting incident took a lot out of him too, honestly don't know why people slate him so much, he does an awful lot of good work outside of the game and has been through some serious shit.

Yeah agree about the Adebayor-situation. That shooting in Togo must have done something to him.

When he was 24 years he was immense and even better than Benteke is now. Well, a lot better since he was performing on the highest level, but we all know the potential of Benteke when he becomes 24-25. Anyway, Adebayor must be pushing 30 soon and he is probably a bit full, a new Carew so to speak. He has probably trained a lot to get into the team, but no matter what he is deemed not good enough for AVB. When strikers of that age are put on the bench for a year, they seldom come back to their best.

I wouldn't be very surprised if he joined some Middle-Eastern club or went to Miami to get a final pay-day.

Yeah agree about the Adebayor-situation. That shooting in Togo must have done something to him.

When he was 24 years he was immense and even better than Benteke is now. Well, a lot better since he was performing on the highest level, but we all know the potential of Benteke when he becomes 24-25. Anyway, Adebayor must be pushing 30 soon and he is probably a bit full, a new Carew so to speak. He has probably trained a lot to get into the team, but no matter what he is deemed not good enough for AVB. When strikers of that age are put on the bench for a year, they seldom come back to their best.

I wouldn't be very surprised if he joined some Middle-Eastern club or went to Miami to get a final pay-day.

Yeah I can see that happening too, although at least it will probably be for a good cause. Rather than getting Man City to pay him off to Spuds, he told them he'd only take a wage cut and go there if they agreed to pay £50k a week to an abundance of charities in Togo.

On topic though, seems Benteke is okay thankfully, hope he starts banging them in now.

Yeah I can see that happening too, although at least it will probably be for a good cause. Rather than getting Man City to pay him off to Spuds, he told them he'd only take a wage cut and go there if they agreed to pay £50k a week to an abundance of charities in Togo.

On topic though, seems Benteke is okay thankfully, hope he starts banging them in now.

i think he's still suffering from the original thigh injury though

• Like 1

Benteke was not at his best last night for Belgium.

In fairness he should have had a penalty but Clattenburg waved it away and one of his shots could have amounted to a goal with a bit more luck.

He will prob be rested for their next friendly. Hopefully he comes back to us fit and raring to go.

Â