Christian Benteke

Kwan

Wouldn't surprise me if he stamps his feet and demands a move in Jan.

Maybe, but if he does he won't command the type of fee that was being thrown around in the Summer and I doubt any of the 'big clubs' would come in for him anyway.

Not that I think he isn't the real deal, I'm positive that he is, but I can't see him doing enough in the next month or so to obtain a move to any of the clubs he would want to go to.

He was poor yesterday, wasteful in possession and missed some good chances (again) that he would have scored easily last year. And I'm tired of watching him bollock his teammates every time they don't pass the ball to him, even though he is double- and triple-marked out of existence on every play.

That said, tbf he is not yet looking fully fit and I do have confidence he'll get back to his best soon. He and Kozak need to work out who's going near post and who's going far, who's winning flick-ons and who's running onto them. Still not convinced that a strike partnership between those two will flourish, but only one way to find out.

• Like 1

He was poor yesterday, wasteful in possession and missed some good chances (again) that he would have scored easily last year. And I'm tired of watching him bollock his teammates every time they don't pass the ball to him, even though he is double- and triple-marked out of existence on every play.

That said, tbf he is not yet looking fully fit and I do have confidence he'll get back to his best soon. He and Kozak need to work out who's going near post and who's going far, who's winning flick-ons and who's running onto them. Still not convinced that a strike partnership between those two will flourish, but only one way to find out.

But at least twice he should have been put through—Tonev and Bowery. Of course he should **** give a shit!

But at least twice he should have been put through—Tonev and Bowery. Of course he should **** give a shit!

If I was standing on a pitch within a few yards of Tonev, I'd rip his legs off. So I actually think Benteke is being rather calm about the whole thing.

He was through three times saturday once when Tonev shot in row z and twice when Bowery missed. Him showi g his frustration shows he cares. He wants to do well. The problem this year is hes been triple marked at times. Our other forwards need to step up and create the space. Playing Bacuna further up if Andi,Gabby are out needs to be done. His directness and pace should be utilised more.

He was through three times saturday once when Tonev shot in row z and twice when Bowery missed. Him showi g his frustration shows he cares. He wants to do well. The problem this year is hes been triple marked at times. Our other forwards need to step up and create the space. Playing Bacuna further up if Andi,Gabby are out needs to be done. His directness and pace should be utilised more.

Spot on. When he stops showing his frustration that's when we should start to worry. 

He's not yet 100% and maybe he's frusrated that he's not hitting the heights of last season. He made a point of shaking Kozak's hand when he was subbed so I don't think it's a case of him thinking he is bigger than the club.

• Like 1

He's getting frustrated with the ineptitude around him, but hopefully the anger can drive him on. As long as we pick up points, it should do, if we flop and lose many more games we should be scoring in an incredible sulk could be on the horizon.

What a threat he is.

This attitude pisses me off, by both fans and CB. He missed the penalty against Everton, nobody else. Bacuna and Kozak made the first goal with some good interplay and a great FK and Kozak, Lowton and Tonev made the second.

Nobody is bigger than the club.

What attitude? Wanting to score? Moving into good positions several times only for poor play to lead to you not getting a chance? He looked a lot more bothered than Kozak for the majority of the match yesterday.

For reference as well, he won the pen against Everton, nobody else. Pretty sure Howard made a decent save as well, it wasn't like he skied it ala Tonev or stuck it into the side netting ala Bowery. I'd get annoyed playing up front with some of the piss service he gets served up with.

We should stop overhyping the fact that Benteke gets frustrated when younger players fail to pass him in when they should. He just wants to score and it's not like he's very old himself. I'm sure a striker of a few years older would rather pat Bowery and Tonev on the back and encourage them to do better next time. Benteke's used to Gabby and Weimann tearing down the channels next to him, when they're not on the pitch he's very easy to mark out of the game.

Edited by magnkarl

The lads still a yard off his normal game to my eyes.

But yes he did look visibly **** off a few times yesterday and i'm not surprised, those around him are currently dragging him down to their level sadly

Yet we still won 2-0 and he didn't score or assist.

We wouldn't of won if it weren't for Bacuna's world-class freekick though. Onto CB, he looked absolutely fuming after Bowery decided to shot instead of cross to him in the latter stages of the game against Cardiff, could be a problem in the long-run, will have to see how it prevails. 

Edited by Avflife
  • Like 1

You can apply that logic to just about any goal in football - it's a completely pointless thing to talk about. If RVP/Phil Bardsley/Remy hadn't scored, Man United/Sunderland/Newcastle wouldn't have won either... so what? You should get that bee out of your bonnet.

The lads still a yard off his normal game to my eyes.

But yes he did look visibly **** off a few times yesterday and i'm not surprised, those around him are currently dragging him down to their level sadly

Yet we still won 2-0 and he didn't score or assist.

We wouldn't of won if it weren't for Bacuna's world-class freekick though. Onto CB, he looked absolutely fuming after Bowery decided to shot instead of cross to him in the latter stages of the game against Cardiff, could be a problem in the long-run, will have to see how it prevails. 

lol, if this isn't someone determined to find something to worry about in everything. 'It might be a problem in the long run, we might have to see how it prevails' !! Lighten up, it's football. 

Think someone mentioned on another thread (might've been Belgain Villian) that when belgium name their squads, you look at the midfield and striker options and we are comfortably the worst club any of the players play for in terms of league position.

I don't think Benteke is sulking at all but yep a season of mid table isn't going to convince him to stay much beyond the summer I'd imagine.

He has looked off the pace since coming back - which is understandable but some very poor touches against cardiff. 

Agree that he has lacked sharpness since his injury but I thought he was much better against Cardiff.

Guys - If possible please leave off avflife.

After all he is avflife & so am I.

United we stand divided we fall.

Anyway, the bottom line is that the beast will soon have everybody jumpin' insanely, hysterically & deliriously with joy.

Mark my words

Claret n' blue man speak with unforked tongue. :)

Â