Christian Benteke

Kwan

Needs to be taken off penalties. 2 missed now.

Way below form this year and was he called Andi Weimann, Ashley Westwood or Matt Lowton, he'd be getting dogs abuse on here.

Will get a free ride here until he leaves IMO.

Saying that, he's still our best player.

Come off it, before his injury he was the top scorer in the league and he clearly isn't at full fitness, by far our best player and if he really was playing bad he wouldn't be getting a free ride I'm sure.

Top scorer including 2 penalties (1 of which he missed).

I'm not saying he's been terrible, but it just irritates me how other players are subjected to vitriol constantly and benteke gets away with 'poor today BUT'

Edited by StefanAVFC

Way below form this year and was he called Andi Weimann, Ashley Westwood or Matt Lowton, he'd be getting dogs abuse on here.

I'm not saying he's been terrible, but it just irritates me how other players are subjected to vitriol constantly and benteke gets away with 'poor today BUT'

Come off it, before his injury he was the top scorer in the league and he clearly isn't at full fitness, by far our best player and if he really was playing bad he wouldn't be getting a free ride I'm sure.

It was his first start back after injury, surely it's understandable that he was unfit? I do agree that he should've done better with his chances but he is the player I am able to forgive the most.

Did you watch last season?

That's why when he has the odd poor game he gets away with it.

• Like 4

Benteke is our most consistent and important player whereas Weimann is none of those, that's why Benteke can get away with the odd poor performance.

That said if he were to have a string of consecutive poor performance like Weimann has he would get legit. criticism for it.

Were lucky to have him but its a bit worrying how poor we look without him, its no secret we'd have been down last season without him and what happens when he inevitably moves on? He's the only game changing player lambert has signed since he came here.

That will hurt him; watching team mates Lukaku and Miralles come and squeeze out a win.

Hopefully it'll drive him on.

Can honestly say I've never fancied his pens, not sure who I'd have on them in the current side. Westwood?

I don't think his pen was as bad a people make out. He'll be alright and banging them in again soon. He'll have to because Lukaku will net regularly for Everton so big Tekkers is going to have to do better if he wants to start games at the World Cup.

I don't think his pen was as bad a people make out. He'll be alright and banging them in again soon. He'll have to because Lukaku will net regularly for Everton so big Tekkers is going to have to do better if he wants to start games at the World Cup.

Howard went so early, strictly by the rules the penalty should have been retaken. Its his first real missed penalty. i'd stick with him. 

C'mon Chesney "saved" it as well. Every GK in the PL knows what to do for a Benteke peno as he takes it the same way practically every time(has gone done the middle once?) I knew exactly where he was going to put as did Howard. Not an easy save but had done his homework and that's half the battle.

Â