Christian Benteke

Kwan

I wouldn't describe him as a 'great technical player' I'd say Van Persie is a great technical player, Benteke isn't on the same level in terms of technique not even close. He has very good technique, no question but not great.

As for the moniker "the beast" it is just a nickname, it isn't in anyway suggestive that he is a bashing number 9 like Kevin Davis, it certainly isn't disrespectful in anyway.

But you ask Chris Smalling if you think calling him a beast is an inaccurate description.

I wouldn't describe him as a 'great technical player' I'd say Van Persie is a great technical player, Benteke isn't on the same level in terms of technique not even close. He has very good technique, no question but not great.

As for the moniker "the beast" it is just a nickname, it isn't in anyway suggestive that he is a bashing number 9 like Kevin Davis, it certainly isn't disrespectful in anyway.

But you ask Chris Smalling if you think calling him a beast is an inaccurate description.

one swallow ,trent

Come off it! the lad is first class, and oooozzzesss presence! Big strong powerful the full deal. The Beast of Bodymoor! you can keep your arrrrr but he's so technical!

We've got a goal scoring machine on our hands and I for one am going to enjoy every moment the beast is ours!!!

• Like 1

Surely everybody realises that the terms King Kong or The Beast are those of endearment & love.

Benteke is a legend of Paul McGrath proportions.

He lifted the whole of Villa Park when he came on against Spurs & we as fans need a hero & something to believe in.

Benteke is the real deal.

I love the guy to bits.

• Like 2

They are set to reignite their interest in the Aston Villa hotshot in the next transfer window with a blockbuster bid. The Belgian striker was a Tottenham target in the summer after handing in a transfer request, before doing a U-turn and signing a new £40,000-a-week, four-year deal.

But that hasn't put off Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas, who is ready to try his luck again in the New Year and continue his incredible spending spree. Villas-Boas splashed more than £100m in the summer on seven new faces to make up for losing £85m Gareth Bale to Real Madrid. Spurs were willing to pay in the region of £20m for Benteke but Villa weren't interested. Now he has signed a new deal Spurs are planning to up the ante in a bid to finally land their man. They hope a bid worth four times what Villa paid to sign Benteke less than 18 months ago will tempt them to sell their star man. Benteke bagged 23 goals in his debut season at Villa. And in this campaign he has continued where he left off last term, scoring another five. Liverpool are also keen on Benteke but will only follow up their interest if they lose Luis Suarez. Arsenal are also monitoring the situation, but there are concerns at the Emirates Stadium about whether Benteke would fit into their style.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/346750/EXCLUSIVE-Tottenham-plan-28m-offer-for-Aston-Villa-star-Christian-Benteke

Discuss...

Rubbish... If he goes it will not be in January it will be next summer after a successful world cup where his price will be a lot higher than 28 mill.

Spurs will not be the only club that's interested that's for sure

My take on it, is it will take an absolutely ridiculous bid, well beyond market value for us to even consider the idea of selling him in January. This figure would have to be £40m+, I'd say. If you look at the price strikers go for in January (Torres, Carroll, Bent spring to mind), the buying club always ends up having to pay over the odds. £28m, you can jog on!  

I want a club to come for him in January, this is the silly month of transfers where Clubs always end up paying more. So bring it on Spurs.

No way.  Do you really trust us to reinvest the money sufficiently?

Selling him in january would be a huge gamble with our PL status.

He is the team, the rest of them are passengers

I agree, The majority of the league places are still up in the air during January, unless you have had a terrible first half of the season. Selling Benteke then could spell disaster for our season. Just look at Sunderland when they sold Bent to us, they were in with a chance of Europa League qualification but nose dived after his sale and we went past them. Keep Benteke until the summer, and with a bit of luck and hopefully the rest of the team finding form, we could put in a late surge up the table and give ourselves an outside chance of Europa League qualification, sell him and we could easily drop like a stone.

Â