Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think you guys need to start a Belgian guy thread. Can we keep this thread to chatting Benteke. I commented a while back and it has been totally ignored due to the fact people seemed more interested in chatting who disrespected Belgian guy???

Right, now we've resolved that...

That Benteke is alright. Better than I thought as little as 6 months ago.

He's genuinely world class. He could play for pretty much anyone right now if they should choose (and pay).

Enjoy his last season fellas. I will.

u guys are all very sweet but tro has a point i shouldn't focus that much on benteke i am a proud villa supporter so it is expected of me to support the whole team im sorry i went off topic.

but it feels great to be welcomed here i apreach ti very much :D 

• Like 2

u guys are all very sweet but tro has a point i shouldn't focus that much on benteke i am a proud villa supporter so it is expected of me to support the whole team im sorry i went off topic.

Maybe my opening line was a bit harsh and I do apologise for the words I chose.. which I think has aided folk in missing my point.

Where I agree with the posters that disagree with me is I too really enjoy your contribution.

Benteke is truly as special player for us .... but we could also have some other special players emerging.

I too agree with Dr Pangloss... I have to concede you ARE cooler than me.

Maybe my opening line was a bit harsh and I do apologise for the words I chose.. which I think has aided folk in missing my point.

Where I agree with the posters that disagree with me is I too really enjoy your contribution.

Benteke is truly as special player for us .... but we could also have some other special players emerging.

I too agree with Dr Pangloss... I have to concede you ARE cooler than me.

no offense taken mate  :cheers:  

30 league goals seems extravagant, but why not? He's either THAT good, or he is'nt.

I think he is and there will be an almighty clamour for his services next year.

I don't think we're THAT good. He'll hit 20 injuries/suspension permitting, 25 would be astonishing. As improved as we are I don't think we'll provide enough for him to hit 30, we'd end up fighting for Europe. 

I hope I'm wrong for a change. 

The way Benteke's started the season, I expect at least 30, injuries and suspensions permitting.

He's got everything in his game to get that amount of goals. In a less experienced Villa side last year, in fewer games played, he got up to 23, so his target should be at least 30.

• Like 1

30 league goals seems extravagant, but why not? He's either THAT good, or he is'nt.

I think he is and there will be an almighty clamour for his services next year.

I don't think we're THAT good. He'll hit 20 injuries/suspension permitting, 25 would be astonishing. As improved as we are I don't think we'll provide enough for him to hit 30, we'd end up fighting for Europe. 

I hope I'm wrong for a change. 

We might if the others chipped in with their share of goals :D

If we can get a playmaker in before the window shuts to create plenty of chances for Benteke, he could reach 30. Without one I think he'll get 20.

30 goals in one season? He's good but for us there is no way that will happen.. Have many ever done it? Ronaldo, maybe Rooney and Henry?

If we can get a playmaker in before the window shuts to create plenty of chances for Benteke, he could reach 30. Without one I think he'll get 20.

30 goals in one season? He's good but for us there is no way that will happen.. Have many ever done it? Ronaldo, maybe Rooney and Henry?
30 in all comps no? He was only 7 off last year

"At least 30" LMAO

To be fair to Con, he did put "The way Benteke's started the season", and he currently has 4 in 4 games. Considering he's not been very good so far, by his standards, but still has a goal per game record, it's not completely unthinkable for him to get 30, imagine how many he'll score when he starts playing well again.

Personally, I don't think he will get 30, but I think he's a serious contender for top goalscorer.

Â