Christian Benteke

Kwan

Appologies-Obviously I meant Real not Athletico.Not the best of sources but it bought a smile to my face anyway

http://trollfootball.lockerdome.com/articles/108579443

Well... it weren't so obvious when you wrote Athletico ;-)

It should have been to anyone with half a brain-Theres probably only 3 or 4 teams in the world capable of signing Bale & unfortunately for them,the Birmingham City of Madrid are not one of them.

Appologies-Obviously I meant Real not Athletico.Not the best of sources but it bought a smile to my face anyway

http://trollfootball.lockerdome.com/articles/108579443

Well... it weren't so obvious when you wrote Athletico ;-)

It should have been to anyone with half a brain-Theres probably only 3 or 4 teams in the world capable of signing Bale & unfortunately for them,the Birmingham City of Madrid are not one of them.

Well a lot of people do think Athletico have that kind of money after selling Falcao. 

I'm going to be cautious here. 

Carroll was a one-season wonder. 

We don't yet know for sure, that the same isn't true of Benteke. 

I do hope not. 

I do hope not.

For a start Benteke does not run like a baby giraffe being chased by a hyena. That gives me hope.

• Like 2

I do hope not. 

Carroll was more a half-season wonder though.

I do hope not. 

Problem with Carroll is he lacks discipline and picks up one serious injury a season. When he did play for West Ham he scored some goals even if he was comically bad when we play them.

I do hope not. 

I have to say, this has crossed my mind a lot recently. Although, to be fair, Carroll has been alright this season (when fit).

I'd also like to point out that when running with the ball, Benteke isn't exactly graceful either. (Aside from his goal against Chelsea). I remember laughing at that run he made against United at home when he KO'd Smalling, because the ball came off his shins like three times but somehow managed to keep the ball.  :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love Benteke, but whether he can be as good next season remains to be seen. I take reassurance though from the great improvements he made last season. He was being slated after his first few games, and looked a bit lost in all honesty. But as soon as he got his confidence up and settled in, he showed remarkable improvement in a very short space of time. If he continues his development at the same pace he has been, he'll be one of the elite Premier League strikers. If. 

Â