Christian Benteke

Kwan

Rather than Levy playing a waiting game with the assumption that as every day passes his camp get stronger..... Villa could stipulate 25 mill by a certain date and increments of 1 mill increase until transfer deadline day.

After all said and done Villa deserve some sort of compensation built in for the disruption to their season.

That would also show Benteke where the main source of obstacle is coming from, if he doesn't already know.

As per the club's confirmation of the transfer request; I strongly suspect that there will be no negotiations after a certain date. I'm not saying that date has already passed, but if he's still here in two weeks, then I'd put my hat on him being here on September the first.

NB: I have no hat, but you get the point.

I take your point shillz.

However, I still have this sneaky feeling Villa also want this deal done, now Benteke has declared his position with the club.

He is a most valued player, but he is also now soiled goods. He is not mentally in the groove with us, I don't think he ever has been if I'm being honest , despite his goals.

Football is all about togetherness and TEAM objectives....I've always had this feeling he is just out for himself a lot more than the quintessential football player.

I have a hunch Villa think we could do a lot more with the money.

Whilst I agree with what you're saying he's still young. Just because he doesn't see it Villa's way now doesn't mean he won't ever. If he ends up staying and we do really well this season, Villa fans take him back he might mature and realise what he has here and how beneficial staying at Villa will be for him. People change, opinions change and young players mature and grow up. In a months time the transfer might not materialise and he might have a wake up call. I do feel however that the quicker he offloads that agent of his the better. Watching the way he's played and his mannerisms he looked like he loved playing for us. I know that sounds stupid to say lol. But with the agent talking, most likely being approached by Spurs behind closed doors and other players like Hazard being in his ear about how he deserves this and that it has no doubt swayed his decision and opinion on us. I still think he can be swayed back I guess is my point so I wouldn't condemn his existence as a Villa player until he's transferred away is my point.

fair point.

havent read the last few pages but some reports are saying Genk have a 15% sell on clause. So if we sell him for 25 million we wont even get all of it??

Thought the deadline was today too

The deadline was never released, neither was the amount that we want.

The Press Release from Brian Doogan said something to this effect: 'For Benteke to leave, we need to have our valuation met in a timeframe we have set'.

The Press Release from Brian Doogan said something to this effect: 'For Benteke to leave, we need to have our valuation met in a timeframe we have set'.

Thanks

havent read the last few pages but some reports are saying Genk have a 15% sell on clause. So if we sell him for 25 million we wont even get all of it??

I don't believe the sell-on clause was officially confirmed, never mind what percentage it might be.

I can't remember where but I read it was early August, maybe the deadline is before August. I love how we've said we expect him to be a Villa player for the new season. It just gives me confidence the board know what they're doing. They won't get bullied into a transfer that's not in some way beneficial to the club.

If Manure buy Bale then Spuds will be swimming in cash and we can milk them for loads!!!!

I think if Bale goes Bentakey would consider not going to Spuds, the whole appeal of them is playing alongside Bale which in all fairness is attractive to most players 

If Manure buy Bale then Spuds will be swimming in cash and we can milk them for loads!!!!

I think if Bale goes Bentakey would consider not going to Spuds, the whole appeal of them is playing alongside Bale which in all fairness is attractive to most players 

That's funny, I thought the whole appeal for Benteke wanting to go to Spuds was all the extra cash he could earn and all the sights he could see in London. I hadn't realised he actually had a footballing reason!

• Like 1

That's funny, I thought the whole appeal for Benteke wanting to go to Spuds was all the extra cash he could earn and all the sights he could see in London. I hadn't realised he actually had a footballing reason!

haha errrm yeah thats what i meant sorry ;)

I consider him sold until i see the ticker on sky sports reach zero at the end of August and If he stays i won't be cheering him if he scores..petty i know but :P

Did you handle the Barry saga similarly?

:crylaugh: If United buy Bale this summer I'll eat my own face.

I'll buy a ticket to that event!   :D

I'm going to guess there won't be an event. They just mickey-teased their fans over Alcantara for a few weeks. They're currently doing the same with Fabregas. The notion that they'd blow over double that on Bale would be so hilarious to any United fan with an appreciation for United's net spend since the Glazers took over as to be ridiculed. They'll end up with Baines and maybe Fellaini. This is the new United. Prepare to lower your standards.

Yup, there's no way Bale will be going to United. If Levy has his hand forced, then he'll ship him to La Liga. United couldn't even wrap up a deal for Thiago, never mind the league's most coveted player.

Â