Christian Benteke

Kwan

Yes Arsenal seems a more sensible choice - at least they're a big club playing in the CL.

I think a lot of people will find it harder to take if he joins a team with less history like Spurs who have only been decent for a few seasons.

If it's a choice between Le Arse and Chelski then I'd prefer it to be Le Arse. At least Wenger has stuck to his principles of trying to develop young players, whereas Chelski have bought success in a classless manner. Arsenal have heritage, Chelksi are more like a chavvy lottery winner.

If he does leave for the Emirates, I hope it's after the opening day of the season though. 

We lost bent last season who scored a hi percentage of a our goals before. We will have a replacement lined up for Benteke, I just Dont think we will need it with Spurs appearing to be the only club in for him and they don't seem to have the money unless they sell a few deadwood players first.

If it's a choice between Le Arse and Chelski then I'd prefer it to be Le Arse. At least Wenger has stuck to his principles of trying to develop young players, whereas Chelski have bought success in a classless manner. Arsenal have heritage, Chelksi are more like a chavvy lottery winner.

If he does leave for the Emirates, I hope it's after the opening day of the season though. 

If he leaves, I don't give a crap where he goes.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-struggle-offload-emmanuel-adebayor-2052256

So Spurs apparently don't have the funds to sign Benteke unless they sell Adebayor. So why have they spent the last 4 weeks whispering to their mates in the media about their intention to do so, unsettling our prize asset in the process? Barcelona probably don't have the funds to sign Ronaldo unless they sell Messi. And in case anyone was wondering I currently don't have the funds to bail out Hearts, buy the Royal Mail, or acquire my 20-bedroom country manor dream home in 100 acres of unspoilt undulating countryside - when I do I'll let the world (and Daniel Levy) know. But not beforehand

(Apologies - too thick for short links, please educate me)

• Like 1

Can Arsenal afford him? Chelsea seems a better fit to me. I've a sneaky feeling he won't get his move this summer.

Arsenal offered £30m for Suarez so they could it they want to.

Suarez is a world star, Benteke is not yet, they could offer 20 million at maximum imo. 

And Lukaku + Cash Deals some post here are crazy.. Lukaku is younger, is more talented imo in long run and is in the same money value bracket right now as Benteke... We are not getting him. 

Edited by Alakagom

"I would guess that we have not offered him any more than the reported 20k a week more for good reason - that we need to off load some of the high earners that Lambert feels are of no use to the new evolving team before committing to more than we could get away with." If we have not already offered him any more than £20k a week and I would doubt we have not made it clear that we are prepared to do that to him and his agent then it would seem the club had no wish to keep him and were looking to move him on during this window hanxamillion and I would doubt Lambo would have had anything to do with that idea.

I am absolutely certain neither PL or anyone else at the club had any ambition to move him on this transfer window and that has not changed now. We are in a strong position and hopefully the deadline we have set will pass without a suitable offer for him.

My original post referred to the fact that it is REPORTED that we have offered to double his £20k a week wages and this, we would all agree is the least he should be offered in light of his first season here.

The attempted clarification was in response to your own guess that we have offered him more already. I'm not really into guessing as to what may or may have happened, I am frustrated that he has asked for a transfer but LOOKING AT THINGS NOW feel he has perhaps just done what many would do in the present circumstances i.e. get a much better pay deal here with us or see what else gets put on the table from elsewhere.  

It would appear that most of the CL teams have not felt like he is worth the risk of £30 mill + and only the cockney press favorites are supposedly preparing bids....................? 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-struggle-offload-emmanuel-adebayor-2052256

So Spurs apparently don't have the funds to sign Benteke unless they sell Adebayor. So why have they spent the last 4 weeks whispering to their mates in the media about their intention to do so, unsettling our prize asset in the process? Barcelona probably don't have the funds to sign Ronaldo unless they sell Messi. And in case anyone was wondering I currently don't have the funds to bail out Hearts, buy the Royal Mail, or acquire my 20-bedroom country manor dream home in 100 acres of unspoilt undulating countryside - when I do I'll let the world (and Daniel Levy) know. But not beforehand

(Apologies - too thick for short links, please educate me)

Its very plausible that Spurs are using the Benteke situation has a smokescreen since no bid or approach has been made by them.

If Spurs ever meet our supposed £25m valuation we should then ask for £30m. **** scummy club. Milk them for everything they've got.

Now that's a way to annoy benteke to the point he refuses to play for us if spurs didn't match the 30m. It would also make us look incredibly small time.

Bad idea I say

If Spurs ever meet our supposed £25m valuation we should then ask for £30m. **** scummy club. Milk them for everything they've got.

Hes worth more than £25m to us. Id be disappointed if he went for that, especially to Spurs. Im dubious theyre willing to go as high as £20m.

I'm liking the links to strikers so far though, could get exciting.

• Like 1

Now that's a way to annoy benteke to the point he refuses to play for us if spurs didn't match the 30m. It would also make us look incredibly small time.

Bad idea I say

Wanting to get the most money for a very good player is small time?

Bad idea I say

For us and the player ;)

Im still convinced its Chelsea. All this Spurs stuff is bluff for other targets they may have. If they really wanted him, then they would of approached us by now.....they have not. All this media spin suits them I guess.

Edited by MagicMushroom

Â