Christian Benteke

Kwan

I just can`t fathom that he might actually leave for spurs. They are a better team than us currently, no shame in admitting that but I was so certain that he would leave for bigger things.....Damn shame. He lost my respect that is for sure, hope we use it to invest, we need it.

I just can`t fathom that he might actually leave for spurs. They are a better team than us currently, no shame in admitting that but I was so certain that he would leave for bigger things.....Damn shame. He lost my respect that is for sure, hope we use it to invest, we need it.

euhm he lost ur respect for doing something he didn't even do?

Do any of you think this could all be staged managed and that a deal for around £25 million has been agreed for a while?

What could be the possible reason for doing this...?

Levy has a history of doing this. He definitely did it when we sold Robbie Keane to Liverpool. He managed to use the press to change the focus away from the fact we were yet again selling one of our prize assets, to the fight he was in with Liverpool. Our fans backed him, yet remarkably we sold Keane for the exact amount mentioned in the NOTW the day the story first broke. It was almost as if the deal had already been struck.

If this time last week it was announced, out of the blue, that Benteke had been sold to Spurs for £25 million, wouldn't most on here gone mental? Lerner et al would have been crucified. But the way this story is evolving is making such a deal far more palatable.  

Why did Villa announce he'd made a transfer request? Often we later learn that players make these requests, but they get instantly turned down, so at the time we don't know about them. For example, the window before he joined you, Bent wanted to go to Turkey, but Sunderland refused and no one knew. I don't see the benefit of telling the world a player has asked to leave when he still has 3 years left on his contract. 

Why accept the request, especially given he has 3 years left on his deal? Man Utd have been very clear that Rooney isn't for sale and he's only got 2 years left. If you really want to keep him, then just say no. Surely the only reason can be that there is a price you'd actually be happy to sell at.  With that in mind, why do  Midlands based journalists continually talking about a £25 million fee? £25 million seems low for setting a price. If you want £25 million it would be normal to quote £30-35 million. Nothing has been said by the club itself about the actual price, but it's journalists that report on Villa and are based in Birmingham that are saying it. They aren't going to want to low ball Villa, as their livelihoods depend on good relations with the biggest club in the region. If you were trying to sell a player for £25 million, wouldn't you get your allies in the press to talk much higher numbers?  Wouldn't the likes of Moxley and John Percy be suggesting figures of £30-£40 million? It seems really odd.

Why would Benteke's agent seemingly be so dismissive of other viable options? I've never heard of an agent ruling out big clubs the way he has. Chelsea don't even have a decent striker at the moment bar Lukaku. It seems odd to rule them out stating worries about playing time given their strikers last season were Demba Ba and Torres. I'd imagine any £25 million striker going there would expect plenty of playing time given his competition. Can any of you remember an agent saying things like that before?

If you got £25 million now, I bet most of your fans would be a lot less disappointed than they would have last week. It all seems very similar to when we sold Robbie Keane and Levy used to the media to take the focus away from the fact we were yet again selling one of our star players and onto the deal itself. Doesn't it seem to you as if the focus has now shifted onto whether Lerner can hold firm and get his £25 million?  It's almost as if it's now becoming more about whether can stand firm and get the £25 million, rather than the fact another star player is being sold. I just don't get why Villa didn't flat our refuse to sell and now journalists with links to Villa and quoting £25 million. It's almost as if it's being managed so the deal is seen as a triumph. I would never had thought Levy would or could pay so much, but now I wouldn't be surprised if a deal for around £25 million was announced in the next couple of weeks. 

If someone does stump up the 30 odd mil we will expect then they are clearly only buying a mercenary that will go to a bigger team the next year.

EDIT: unless a champions league/title winning team com for him this summer ofc

Edited by AshVillain

Do any of you think this could all be staged managed and that a deal for around £25 million has been agreed for a while?

Levy has a history of doing this. He definitely did it when we sold Robbie Keane to Liverpool. He managed to use the press to change the focus away from the fact we were yet again selling one of our prize assets, to the fight he was in with Liverpool. Our fans backed him, yet remarkably we sold Keane for the exact amount mentioned in the NOTW the day the story first broke. It was almost as if the deal had already been struck.

If this time last week it was announced, out of the blue, that Benteke had been sold to Spurs for £25 million, wouldn't most on here gone mental? Lerner et al would have been crucified. But the way this story is evolving is making such a deal far more palatable.  

Why did Villa announce he'd made a transfer request? Often we later learn that players make these requests, but they get instantly turned down, so at the time we don't know about them. For example, the window before he joined you, Bent wanted to go to Turkey, but Sunderland refused and no one knew. I don't see the benefit of telling the world a player has asked to leave when he still has 3 years left on his contract. 

Why accept the request, especially given he has 3 years left on his deal? Man Utd have been very clear that Rooney isn't for sale and he's only got 2 years left. If you really want to keep him, then just say no. Surely the only reason can be that there is a price you'd actually be happy to sell at.  With that in mind, why do  Midlands based journalists continually talking about a £25 million fee? £25 million seems low for setting a price. If you want £25 million it would be normal to quote £30-35 million. Nothing has been said by the club itself about the actual price, but it's journalists that report on Villa and are based in Birmingham that are saying it. They aren't going to want to low ball Villa, as their livelihoods depend on good relations with the biggest club in the region. If you were trying to sell a player for £25 million, wouldn't you get your allies in the press to talk much higher numbers?  Wouldn't the likes of Moxley and John Percy be suggesting figures of £30-£40 million? It seems really odd.

Why would Benteke's agent seemingly be so dismissive of other viable options? I've never heard of an agent ruling out big clubs the way he has. Chelsea don't even have a decent striker at the moment bar Lukaku. It seems odd to rule them out stating worries about playing time given their strikers last season were Demba Ba and Torres. I'd imagine any £25 million striker going there would expect plenty of playing time given his competition. Can any of you remember an agent saying things like that before?

If you got £25 million now, I bet most of your fans would be a lot less disappointed than they would have last week. It all seems very similar to when we sold Robbie Keane and Levy used to the media to take the focus away from the fact we were yet again selling one of our star players and onto the deal itself. Doesn't it seem to you as if the focus has now shifted onto whether Lerner can hold firm and get his £25 million?  It's almost as if it's now becoming more about whether can stand firm and get the £25 million, rather than the fact another star player is being sold. I just don't get why Villa didn't flat our refuse to sell and now journalists with links to Villa and quoting £25 million. It's almost as if it's being managed so the deal is seen as a triumph. I would never had thought Levy would or could pay so much, but now I wouldn't be surprised if a deal for around £25 million was announced in the next couple of weeks. 

I thought you said you wasn't going to post on this site anymore??

Also, how come you now think £25M is a realistic price when previously you have claimed otherwise?

Contradiction after contradiction.

All gonna end in disappointment for you when the real big Clubs in Laaaaanndon enter the fray.

Face facts. You've lost Redknapp & your on the way down & before you look around Bale will have **** off to Spain.

Arsenal are the big team in North London followed by Arsenals under 5's.

**** off to your own forum & don't come back.

Also, how come you now think £25M is a realistic price when previously you have claimed otherwise?

All gonna end in disappointment for you when the real big Clubs in Laaaaanndon enter the fray.

Face facts. You've lost Redknapp & your on the way down & before you look around Bale will have **** off to Spain.

I don't think £25 million is reasonable. I don't want Benteke really, as I think the price is far too high. So there is no contradiction regarding the price. I still don't think £25 million is an acceptable price. That isn't the point I'm making. I'm pointing out that the was the deal has portrayed so far seems very odd and therefore it wouldn't surprise me if something hadn't already been agreed. 

I don't think £25 million is reasonable. I don't want Benteke really, as I think the price is far too high. So there is no contradiction regarding the price. I still don't think £25 million is an acceptable price. That isn't the point I'm making. I'm pointing out that the was the deal has portrayed so far seems very odd and therefore it wouldn't surprise me if something hadn't already been agreed. 

Man, your posts wear me out just reading them. We've got your viewpoint on lockdown at this point, there's no confusion over it.

For the love of all that is holy or sacred in this world, please stop.

• Like 1

Something may well have been agreed "illegally" between Levy and Kismet, but everything that I know about Randy Lerner tells me that he is not party to any "Levy" type deals. 

Something may well have been agreed "illegally" between Levy and Kismet, but everything that I know about Randy Lerner tells me that he is not party to any "Levy" type deals. 

So what do make of the reporters who cover Villa quoting £25 million? Doesn't that seem low to you?

Surprised by football?...............Wake up & smell the coffee.

Football is possibly the most corrupt industry on earth.

So......................you claim you don't want Benteke. I doubt that very much, you just don't want to pay what he his really worth.

It is no exaggeration to say he is worth a minimum £35 M

How much did Saints fans value Bale?

I bet you pissed yourself at the time but now you know differently.

Benteke is definitely World Class.

Now, please explain why you have now posted back on this site when you promised earlier that you would do one.

I do not welcome your answer, but know that you just can't help your self

I mean, let's face it, your addicted to VT

Edited by villa-revolution

Pleasantly surprised by the lack of "slash your wrists" talk on here....take the money and reinvest in the team!!! As long as the gaffer gets ALL the money then I've no problem selling to the highest bidder!!!!

• Like 1

I would be surprised if the figure was less than £30 million Joey. Imo that figure is more than he is currently worth to anyone but Villa. Benteke kept us in the Premier league last season and if we manage to retain his services then I would expect another 20 goals plus next season. Does that explain to you why we value him much higher than you do? 

Pleasantly surprised by the lack of "slash your wrists" talk on here....take the money and reinvest in the team!!! As long as the gaffer gets ALL the money then I've no problem selling to the highest bidder!!!!

It think it goes a step further to show that Lambert has united the team, in turn the fans etc as we finally have a clear vison we understand, and no player is bigger than the club.

Â