Christian Benteke

Kwan

There is no way we are going to stump up £25 million+ for him

Then he wont be going and the compromise is you keep your pittance of a fee that undervalues our player and we keep our player
I'm not saying either set of fans are going to like it. But you don't do the negotiating. In reality a compromise is most likely to be met, that gives adequate protection for both sides of the deal.

Yes but it won't be near the fee you are mentioning, absolute no chance.

The point is no one knows what the final fee will be. The idea of such a structured deal is that it gives a decent degree of value to both sides. If Benteke proves to be the player your fans think he is, then you'll get the sort of fee you want. If he doesn't then you'll get a decent fee for a one season wonder.

Honestly mate, we're not interested in helping Spurs out, in any way shape or form. The price has been set at £30m, every single source coming from the club has indicated that to be so. Yes, we may settle around £25m to get a quick sale. If you think by walking in the room with £15m in change that you stand a hope in hell of walking out with a Christian Benteke under your arm I'd think again.

We've made our stance clear. You pay the money or you don't get him, it's quite simple. He has three years left on his contract and as we have proven many times in the past we're happy to deal with the consequences of holding out for what we believe is the right deal for Aston Villa Football Club.

Basically, you lot can't afford him, so jog on.

We aren't the one's negotiating here! Why do people keep answering as if we are brokering the deal. I'm just trying to explain what the most likely outcome will be. You aren't being asked to Spurs any favours. Any deal we be a compromise than satisfies both parties. This compromise is therefore most likely to be one that gives a chance of getting the fee you want, but also protects us uncase he proves to be a flop. Your fans might not like it and the same can be said for many of our fans. But we don't do the negotiating and have to try and see it from the point of you of those that do. 

So basically what you're saying is this.

Give us Benteke for a sum lower than what he is currently worth and if he proves a flop then you don't have to pay us anymore.

Just imagine what your reaction would be if the same approach was made for Bale. 

I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life Joey. Villa don't have to negotiate, if nobody comes up with our valuation then although many lf our fans wont be happy that he handed in a transfer request, I'm sure they will change their minds if he stays with us for another year.

I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life Joey. Villa don't have to negotiate, if nobody comes up with our valuation then although many lf our fans wont be happy that he handed in a transfer request, I'm sure they will change their minds if he stays with us for another year.

Should no club match Villa's valuation I foresee no problem having him back in the team, we all know how football works for certain players and I'm sure the lad will pull his weight for the next twelve months.  Benteke is in the Adebeyor/Anelka/Nasri mould of footballer, but I'm pretty sure Lambert will be able to get the most out of him.

We have absolutely no reason or desire to compromise on our valuation whatsoever, we want to keep him. There will be no negotiation.

Look at the situation logically, we hold all the aces.

He's on a three year deal, on minimal wages, and it's a world cup year and he wants to play in it. To do so he'll need to be playing regular football. If we keep him and he causes us problems, he won't play, and he won't get in the world cup squad. If he plays but half heartedly, he'll chance lose his place in a competitive Belgium team, and the chances of his 'dream move' will fade also.

This isn't brinkmanship from Villa, we've no need to negotiate. You want him, you pay our price. 

It's all very well us fans setting a fixed price and date, but we're not putting our own balls on the line on a 20-30m asset.  Much as that stance sounds appealing to us, it's not the way it works and has never been the way it works.  Whether we like it or not there will be compromises, probably both on price and date.  I'd prepare to be dissapointed.

LOL 25 million get the fook out, no chance, Chelsea can have him for that much.

And yeah..... For 25 mill...... jog on Villa.

They will be shocked. He won't go for the pennies they think he's worth.

Out of interest, could someone please give me the link to where someone from Villa (manager/owner/official) cited a specific minimum sale price for Benteke?

Oh look, the other one is here too.

Point out where somebody official from Spurs has expressed an interest in Benteke and we'll let you stay and pontificate all you like.

• Like 3

There is no way we are going to stump up £25 million+ for him

Then he wont be going and the compromise is you keep your pittance of a fee that undervalues our player and we keep our player

I'm not saying either set of fans are going to like it. But you don't do the negotiating. In reality a compromise is most likely to be met, that gives adequate protection for both sides of the deal.

You're forgetting the £100k a week his agent is after for him aren't you

You guys can't afford the fee or the wage by the sounds of it

Means a heck of a lot if compromising so I think your best bet to see if Heskey fancies another crack at the Premiership

• Like 1

I know the boys good...damn good...but the downside is he knows it as well. I  only hope that his arrogance and reputation trips him up, although its odds on someone will take a risk on him.

I know it smacks of sour grapes and it would never happen, but I'd laugh my conkers off if the only club to meet the asking price were some oil-rich Qatari second stringers........and we accepted it! :D

I think the Spurs boys think we are going to bite or snap in the manner Sunderland fans did when we bought Bent but, as is evident from the reactions of people here, this is a completely different situation in so many ways.  Instinctively my take on this whole episode is that it is ridiculous: we have a club that desperately wants to achieve top four losing out on its striking targets left, right and centre.  Without doing their homework, said club has got into bed with one of the most duplicitous and insane agents around and cooked up a pretty tasteless plan to prize away a player from another club on the cheap.  The club that owns said player have him on a long, long contract and very low wages and don't need to sell.  It's like a marmoset monkey trying to steal a banana from an elephant - it'll be interesting to watch how it plays out.

EDIT - Maybe they will compromise.  Arf.

Edited by Macca1888

LOL spurs can't afford tekkers - not his transfer fee nor his increased wage demands - pure folly to think otherwise given Levy's stance(s) on signings and contracts in the past.

But LISTEN UP SPUDS

WE

DONT

HAVE

TO

SELL

HIM

20k a week is monkey nuts to us - he will be a bench warmer unless someone coughs up some serious cash for him. take your 25 mil and stick it up your chairman's backside.

Every Spurs fan I know is patronising, the only abuse I got during our bad run, other from a Chelsea fan, was from a Spurs fan who text me EVERY SINGLE TIME we lost.

They have this belief that they are above all else and that teams should be so delighted to hand players over to them.

Out of interest, could someone please give me the link to where someone from Villa (manager/owner/official) cited a specific minimum sale price for Benteke?

Oh look, the other one is here too.

Point out where somebody official from Spurs has expressed an interest in Benteke and we'll let you stay and pontificate all you like.

All I've done is make a request, as I gather from numerous posts in this thread that there is some specific minimum price - a price set by AVFC - that any club has to meet if they wish to sign Benteke. Or have I gained the wrong impression and there is no such stated price? All I seek is clarity on the subject.

Â