Christian Benteke

Kwan

Having just re-read the clubs statement together with Paul Lamberts comments, im beginning to think the words are aimed at the agent rather than the player.

It reads as if the Agent has been pushing for this, or am i seeing something thats not there?

Having just re-read the clubs statement together with Paul Lamberts comments, im beginning to think the words are aimed at the agent rather than the player.

It reads as if the Agent has been pushing for this, or am i seeing something thats not there?

you are not seeing something that is not there!

I got over the anger quite quick this morning, quite simply because I have belief that A - lerner will give lambert a large wedge of the cash and B - my belief that paul lambert will already have players lined up who will come here and not want out after 1 season. Benteke said we were a stepping stone, its no surprise he wants to further his career with a club that will challenge for honours, just a shame he wants out so soon as I thought he would give us another year.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

Amazing we all think he's brilliant and spurts fans seem to think he's shite but he'd still be prepared to play for the ****ers

Edited by Richard

Amazing we all think he's brilliant and spurts fans seem to think he's shite but he'd still be prepared to play for the ****

Spurs fans with half a brain are crying out for him.

you are not seeing something that is not there!

Then theres hope he could still be with us until next summer :unsure:

Maybe theres a few more twists in this saga to come?

I hope he doesn't go to Spurs, the whole of the rest of the transfer window will be them offering £15m, us saying no, then £15.5m and so on. Spurs are tight wads and we always get screwed when we deal with them.

That's exactly what we do though...

Amazing we all think he's brilliant and spurts fans seem to think he's shite but he'd still be prepared to play for the ****

Spurs fans with half a brain does not exactly narrow it down much

Correct. This self loathing about us being poor little Villa is just nonsense. This kind of crap happens to nearly every team. Arsenal, ManU, Liverpool, Dortmund. All have had their best players kick up a fuss and move. Its football and we tap up other peoples players (and managers) as much as anyone else.

Just get the cash and hurl abuse at the alien eared freak next time he is at Villa Park :)

It's also why we're not a selling club or a feeder club. The act of having a player bought by someone in a better position doesn't make you a selling club. United lost Ronaldo. Are they a selling club? Liverpool are struggling to hold on to wantaway Suarez. Are they a selling club? No, it's the way football works. That's just normal transfer business.

The league also used to be fairly hierarchical in terms of big teams, middle teams and teams who perennially struggled. Now whilst we still have the big teams it is unbelievably competitive throughout. And many, if not all of the clubs are capable of rolling over anyone else including the bigger teams.

For me the transfer window is a perfect reflection of this, it is getting more and more competitive. And it really is a dog eat dog war out there. The players are just human beings doing what anyone would do when clubs through the weapons at their disposal (money) at them.

Which is why you MUST be prepared to play hard ball when required.

I'm still going for him staying another year as nobody will pay what we want.

• Like 1

More chance of seeing a naked yeti dancing down harborne high street than finding a Spurs fan with any type of Brain cell.

Ideal out come now would be Benteke, Bent and Ireland to be gone by Friday we finish our tour of Germany over the weekend and then come back to spending the cash on some decent targets that Lambert already has lined up

Our positivity and faith in Lambert and Villa is so refreshing.

When we lost Milner, Young, Downing and Barry, this place was in meltdown. We were fearing the worst and didn't appear to have the faith we do now, when looking for a replacement.

Under Lambert, however, we do appear to be content in building something over time.

Despite 'No-Tekkers' handing in a transfer request, I'm really looking forward to next season!

One player is not bigger than the club.

• Like 1

Does nobody care that this man actually ensured we are still a premier league team? Talk of hoping he gets injured and ends his career may be in jest but boy is it crude.

He would be crazy to want to stay IMO.

My words werent in jest whatsoever... F**k him sideways... If he signs a contract, he should honour it... If we HAD be relegated and he had a release clause, BY ALL MEANS, we wouldnt have a leg to stand on and he could go....

BUT

We weren't and he didnt... So he needs to shut up, pull on the shirt and put the ball in the net like he is meant to and his agent needs to help with sponsorship and whatever else it is that agents are meant to do without acting like overpaid pimps for giggalos in sportswear

A Newcastle fan posted that? My my. They really are bitter that we relegated them and took so much joy from it aren't they :D I wouldn't be sitting too cosy if I was them this season either :D

If he goes, and it's still only an 'if' and the fee and the club that he goes to will be a barometer of Lerner's ambition for this club.

Sell to a top European club who are regularly in the latter stages of the Champions League for well in excess of £30m and then re-invest all of the money into the playing staff then perhaps it will be positive.

Sell to some 'wannabes' like Spurs for a lot less and only give Lambert a percentage of the money to re-invest into the playing staff and it will be negative.

Â