Christian Benteke

Kwan

Blip?

This is the business model we wanted. Admittedly we didn't expect it this quickly.

The entire business model is by young, hungry, talented and cheap players. Build them up, if we keep them - great, we build something. If we dont, we either make very little loss because they weren't good enough. Or, we sell them on for huge profits in order to fund the next round of incomings.

£25-30m will fund this summer, January and most of next summers transfer exploits. This is the model working perfectly in action.

I suppose you're right.

I think the biggest fear for us Villa fans is that over the past few years, whenever we have sold our better players we have replaced them with dross. This would all be a lot easier to take if we had some history of replacing players well. It's the fear of having another Ireland/N'zogbia again which is making me struggle with this business model.

That is exactly what the anxiety is with our fans. We have bought badly in the past for too long.

not to get too ahead of myself...I suspect we have turned that corner and we now have a manager/ management team that can talent spot and are well connected in the right area's of European football.

we just need to have faith/patience with him.

truthhurts saysJuly 9, 2013 11:43am

benteke aint worth 30m he is worth 10m tops he had 1 terrible season in the prem league where he played well on around 5/10 occasions, all season long he was nothing untill the last few matches, he is strong, fouls alot and hits the ball hard so they either go in or miss by a mile, he aint worth nomore than 10m utd sighned hernandez for 8m chelsea sighned demba ba for 8m newcastle got cisse for under 10m arsenal got podolski for under 15m all players with good reputations and id rather have any of them than waste 10m on this kid

:lol:  :cheers:

I Cant think of one player i would take as part of the deal off Spurs being realistic they will not offer us Bale

Sigurdsen, dembele, holtby, dembele, sandro....spurs have a terrific side and there are many players who would walk into our side... Not that these are likely to be offered

• Like 1

benteke aint worth 30m he is worth 10m tops he had 1 terrible season in the prem league where he played well on around 5/10 occasions, all season long he was nothing untill the last few matches, he is strong, fouls alot and hits the ball hard so they either go in or miss by a mile, he aint worth nomore than 10m utd sighned hernandez for 8m chelsea sighned demba ba for 8m newcastle got cisse for under 10m arsenal got podolski for under 15m all players with good reputations and id rather have any of them than waste 10m on this kid

stopped reading at terrible season.  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:

:D Sounds like someone who's literally never seen him play.

Where's this from?

I Cant think of one player i would take as part of the deal off Spurs being realistic they will not offer us Bale

Sigurdsen, dembele, holtby, dembele, sandro....spurs have a terrific side and there are many players who would walk into our side... Not that these are likely to be offered

Thats what i meant i can't think of one players who we could realistically be offered maybe Lennon at a puch but even then i dont think Lambert would want him

i would take defoe and 20m, defoe might be 30-31 but still can score shedloads and we can get another striker in for 10-15m

i would try get bony, he is very similar to benetke as swansea still have not signed him

:D Sounds like someone who's literally never seen him play.

Where's this from?

One of the funniest posts I've ever read. :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

The story about him being at our training ground was mentioned by one our ITK's a day before Benteke handed in his transfer request. It seemed odd to me at the time, but seeing as he handed in a transfer request the next day it suddenly seems more plausible.

Personally, I'm like the majority of Spurs fans in that I'm not keen on this. It's not that I don't think Benteke is good, but that he seems too expensive and not as good as the strikers the top 4 have or are looking at. I think he's got way over hyped over the last couple of months and the way he's spoken about on here now simply doesn't reflect the comments in your match day forum.

In terms of swaps I think Lambert will and most certainly should be interested in Sigurdsson and Townsend. Iago Flaque is another he should be very much interested in, but you can't really expect Lambert to have followed the Segunda Liga, so may not know much about him. Sigurdsson would be one of the best or the best player on most teams outside the top 6. He really started to show his quality in the second half of last season. Almeria fans said Falque was the best player in the Segunda last season. QPR fans think Townsend in brilliant, but I think he's highly rated at Spurs, so don't think we'd let him go. 

Â