Christian Benteke

Kwan

There's a folk song called "The Blue Cockade". One of the verses goes like this:

I hope you never prosper, and I hope you always fail.
In everything you venture, I hope you ne'er do well.
And the very ground you walk upon, may the grass refuse to grow.
Since you've been the very cause of my sorrow, grief and woe.

Sums up my feelings.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

If it is Chelsea that want him, this would be my terms if I was Lambert, Faulkner and Lerner:

£20m plus Lukaku on loan for the whole of next season, with Chelsea paying at least 50% of his salary and a clause that says we can sign him at the end of the season for a max of £10m if we want to.

Completely agree. I think this is the only way I would be happy to see CB leave. Is CB that much better than RL though? I would say we would be getting the better deal here?

He plays more like Drogba did than Lukaku does, which could be something Jose wants. Chelsea would never sell Lukaku for £10m or similar though, they spent nearly £30m buying him a few years ago. Another reason why I believe Chelsea would have no problem slapping £30m on the table for Benteke if they wanted him.

Chelsea paid £10m upfront rising to £17m with clauses etc. 

IMO Lukaku would be a great stop gap for us, instant replacement almost.  that would give a whole season to let Helenius mature and or seek out a long term replacement.

They're more likely to offer us Torres.

What a complete and utter cock..How about showing some loyalty to Paul Lambert who gave you a chance to play in the PL ??

Slap a £50M pricetag on him, If it's not met let him him rot in the reserves the whole season...And see how you like that Christian with WC coming up and all.

Pisses me off that other clubs seem able to keep their players happy and build around them somewhat and we cant

Fellaini,  Michu come to mind in our level

• Like 2

Yet another summer of selling our best player (at tidy profit) then. I really hoped those days were gone but it seems we're still just a feeder club for the big boys. Prepared to take the gamble and when they pay off they reap the benefits and we're back to finding our gambles.

Fed up of it.

I hate to see him go, but we are in a good position here. We can hold out for a much money as we want, and if not just keep him. The only thing we can't do is sell him on deadline day. But PL has already said that he wants this done soon if there is to be a deal, so it looks OK. 

Oh well so he is going, good bye, farewell and good luck to the future, no need to be bitter, onwards and upwards, no doubt the club knew weeks ago and as TRO said have a replacement already lined up that will fit in with the new players we have got.

Whilst we see CB as the bees knees he is only young and still learning, he was constantly off side, and gave alot of fouls away, yes he scored goals but so can other players, he is not the only good striker out there, yes he fit our system but systems can be changed to suit other players. strange to see other fans see his valuation at 15m, anything over 20m will be a good return.

My only hope is he does not go to Spuds or Plop as I hate them both, 2 clubs full of themselves and like us living off past glory, Spuds have an ageing team with only 1 decent player. Plop are just above average. I honestly thought he may stay but am not devastated he will leave, good player yes, but not the be all and end all. I will hold my judgement on our chances this year until I see who he is replaced with, it just may be him leaving helps us.

Pisses me off that other clubs seem able to keep their players happy and build around them somewhat and we cant

Fellaini,  Michu come to mind in our level

Michu staying is amazing, but I think it is more to do with the players than the clubs. 

Yet another summer of selling our best player (at tidy profit) then. I really hoped those days were gone but it seems we're still just a feeder club for the big boys. Prepared to take the gamble and when they pay off they reap the benefits and we're back to finding our gambles.

Fed up of it.

Yeah it's really frustrating. I really have no idea how to stop it from happening. I don't know what other clubs do. 

Lukaku is just like Benteke.. unfortunately im referring to their greed and cockiness.

how? because he recommended his friend work in same job as him?  if my friend recommends I work with him in another job does that make him greedy and cocky?

It is Spurs, I have thought about this.

They have been drip feeding info to the press, such as how they will bid low and how they will leave it till Aug 31st - to try and frighten us.

Now this has been seeded, they will come in with an offer, probably 18m, then 22m, after this they will wait for Benteke to complain.

Being the media, they will back his move to spurs and stories such as 'lucky to get 22m' and 'he wants to join spurs to link up with bale' with the media, through spurs, being used to pressure us into a quick sale.

**** Levy. We should tell Benteke we want to give you a contract of £60,000 a week and value you at 30m. If you dont want to sign thats fine but we wont sell you for less. 

• Like 2

I hope for 3 things

I hope:
A - We sell him for a hefty profit
B - We sign someone who scores and provides more than he does that clearly takes a shine to us and doesn't have a sneaky bastard agent
and finally
C - Christian Benteke and his agent fail at whatever club they engineer a move to and inexplicably both catch the ebola virus

Not much to ask for... Only fair...

Edited by DJ_Villain

Fellaini, Michu come to mind in our level

Fellaini is playing for Everton who are currently not our level. Other than going to a top four club, there's nowhere for MF to go.

Michu probably would have had people sniffing around him had he not stopped playing before the end of the season.

Â