Christian Benteke

Kwan

Betting suspended on Luis Suarez going to Arsenal. Would surely put any rumour of Benteke going there to bed.

Yep, but standby for the Benteke to Lpool rumours.

Yup, £25m reported fee if the Suarez to Arsenal deal goes through, £25m the reported fee that we will accept for Benteke.

Why would Chelsea buy Benteke when they already have almost the exact same player in Lukaku? Sure not a single Villa-fan would say they are similar, but I bet you 100% of all WBA-fans would say the same about Lukaku after he scored 17 goals last season. Lukaku is 20 years old and has 21 games for Belgium, Benteke is 22 years and has 14. Again, why would Chelsea spend 30M on a player who is only marginally better (IMO) than what they already have? If they buy a player it will be a much better option than Benteke, and then we are talking Suarez, Cavani etc.

Edited by Papillon

Can't see Arsenal spending the money needed to buy Suarez. Think this is just the cockney press getting over excited. Arsenal just do not spend that kind of money on players. i'll be absolutely gobsmacked if they did.

However, if they do, I would really hate for Benteke to go to Liverpool. That would just be horrible. He's far better than that. 

I guess one thing i'm hoping for is that the Belgium coach (who's also friends with Lambert IIRC) has advised Benteke to stay at Villa where he will be guaranteed to play for the WC next year.

Edited by PieFacE

wow seriously i admire u guys that u can live with tis shitload of unstopable nonsense what calls the english press its so exausting.... :wacko:  i wish they al just stop spreading shit for 1 week... im getting frustrated and tired of it...

Sorry about this, Belgian Guy, but this is just the beginning.

Wait until the last couple of weeks of August... :)

Suarez to Arsenal be bizarre move, He wants leave Liverpool because of the media so doubt they would sanction a move to Arsenal.

Plus Liverpool still after Mkhtariyan so would probably throw money at him

Bit off topic but why would Suarez go to Arsenal?  Its well documented he wants away from England.

"Away from England" means "I want more money" in footballer terms I think. Just like "I want Champions League football" or "I want to be closer to my family."

Can't see Arsenal spending the money needed to buy Suarez. Think this is just the cockney press getting over excited. Arsenal just do not spend that kind of money on players. i'll be absolutely gobsmacked if they did.

However, if they do, I would really hate for Benteke to go to Liverpool. That would just be horrible. He's far better than that. 

I guess one thing i'm hoping for is that the Belgium coach (who's also friends with Lambert IIRC) has advised Benteke to stay at Villa where he will be guaranteed to play for the WC next year.

They do now, be a force to be reckoned for in the next few years.

Bit off topic but why would Suarez go to Arsenal?  Its well documented he wants away from England.

"Away from England" means "I want more money" in footballer terms I think. Just like "I want Champions League football" or "I want to be closer to my family."

but Id imagine Arsenal wouldnt give him that money, he probably wouldnt get more than he does at Liverpoo

People have been saying that Arsenal will be spending big for the past 8ish years. They never do. 

• Like 1

If Suarez really does go to Arsenal, Liverpool would be stupid not to try and use the money to get Benteke. I now really hope they keep Suarez.

People have been saying that Arsenal will be spending big for the past 8ish years. They never do. 

Well I wasn’t one of them, I’m friends with someone who was part of the deal for Financing their stadium.  He says their books are unbelievable and that they are now going to start to reap the benefits of the stadium. 

You just have to laugh at it all, Teckers is under contract, Clubs are allowed to speak to Villa about an offer and it is up to Villa to accept or decline this. No way would a club go to the press and state their intentions as this is seen as trying to unsettle the player and can be punished. I believe that offers will have been made but not that they have been made public as this would also help other teams with their discussions with Villa. This is just paper bull crap trying to make a story.

Theres a certain club in London that appears to use the media on frequent basis to unsettle players, and im pretty sure thats what all this is about. Not going into names but the London based press believe that they are whiter than white. ;)

You just have to laugh at it all, Teckers is under contract, Clubs are allowed to speak to Villa about an offer and it is up to Villa to accept or decline this. No way would a club go to the press and state their intentions as this is seen as trying to unsettle the player and can be punished. I believe that offers will have been made but not that they have been made public as this would also help other teams with their discussions with Villa. This is just paper bull crap trying to make a story.

Theres a certain manager in London that appears to use the media on frequent basis to unsettle players, and im pretty sure thats what all this is about. Not going into names but the London based press believe he is whiter than white. ;)

fixed for you ;)

I'd rather Benteke just went to Arsenal rather than Liverpool. 

Wont happen. Remember, they are in debt to us over the Downing cash. Even if thats settled, we wont be dealing with the scallies for a while!

Theres a certain manager in London that appears to use the media on frequent basis to unsettle players, and im pretty sure thats what all this is about. Not going into names but the London based press believe he is whiter than white. ;)

fixed for you ;)

Appreciated :D

Â