Christian Benteke

Kwan

wow seriously i admire u guys that u can live with tis shitload of unstopable nonsense what calls the english press its so exausting.... :wacko:  i wish they al just stop spreading shit for 1 week... im getting frustrated and tired of it...

Ignore it mate. It happens every season. To be fair they dont pick on our club, Spurs have to deal with the Bale to Madrid bollocks, we have to deal with the Benteke bollocks. It happens.

I remember when we were sat in here dealing with rumours about Bent looking to move away a year or so ago (which terrified us) and there is the occasional Gabby to leave rumour started when he plays well. It is the nature of the beast.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

Woody you sound like you want Benteke to leave just to say you was right. 

Yes my constant praise of him being the best player I have ever known at Villa (bar Dwight Yorke) must have brought you to that conclusion.

Or maybe it was the number of times I have said - 'I will be delighted to be wrong' that gave it away?

Surely you saw Mcgrath? You're quite old aren't you, older then 40.

You having a laugh?????????

My god, it's so embarrassing how the vultures circle, when we have a talent on our hands.

It seems teams like villa have no right to develop talent....they can all go to hell.

I guess we will all have to put up with this until we have more than one of Benteke's standard....in which case the tables will be turning.

I wait with anticipation

My god, it's so embarrassing how the vultures circle, when we have a talent on our hands.

Dead right, but all it takes is a Levy-like hard line to show as a club we are back on track: The boy is NOT FOR SALE. We hold a strong contract and he needs 1st team football, it suits us this season.

Further, we don't need the money as we can pay the transfer fees on the players that fit the clubs financial model, and all PL clubs this season are seriously rich.

• Like 1

It seems teams like villa have no right to develop talent....they can all go to hell.

I guess we will all have to put up with this until we have more than one of Benteke's standard....in which case the tables will be turning.

I wait with anticipation

Maybe we already do and we just don't know it yet :D

Shouldn't the club just put out a not for sale statement ?

I believe they already did. "Not unless its for stupid money" suggests that to me. It's the media who have decided that 25m is 'stupid money', I think lambert probably meant closer to 35-40 which he knows no-one will pay.

Shouldn't the club just put out a not for sale statement ?

I believe they already did. "Not unless its for stupid money" suggests that to me. It's the media who have decided that 25m is 'stupid money', I think lambert probably meant closer to 35-40 which he knows no-one will pay.

Kenny dalglish would, thank fook he's not still at livershite

When it comes to buying players, believe me some clubs literally do have more money than sense.

eg Chelsea £50M For Torres Liverpool 35M for Andy Carroll  Man Utd 30M for Berbatov  Man City £32M for Robinho.

We need to get Benteke nailed to our cause asap so we can plan for the future.

As stated previously, if we do end up caving in on Tekkers which can not be definitely ruled out we need to make sure we get a minimum £35 - 40M for the sale.

Anything less than this & I believe we would be seriously ripping ourselves off.

You just have to laugh at it all, Teckers is under contract, Clubs are allowed to speak to Villa about an offer and it is up to Villa to accept or decline this. No way would a club go to the press and state their intentions as this is seen as trying to unsettle the player and can be punished. I believe that offers will have been made but not that they have been made public as this would also help other teams with their discussions with Villa. This is just paper bull crap trying to make a story.

Â