Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Honestly, I'd only consider a massive overpayment on him - 18 maybe at push, but really more. Just can't see why we'd even consider selling a young player who has shown as much as Bacuna has unless the deal is too stupidly good to turn down.

Because people were saying the same thing last season about Lowton and now they're unlikely to even get what they paid for him. I'd imagine anything above 6 - 7 mil for Bacuna and Lambert would bite their hands off. 

We've been struggling for fullbacks who can defend since Lambert got here - fullback is probably one of the hardest position to fill, especially when you consider the demands on them in the modern game. Now we've got one and people would let him go for what would amount to somewhere between 5 and half  and 8 mil? I don't even begin to get it. That's ignoring his versatility and how he adds a bit of depth to a number of positions all over the park.

Honestly, I'd only consider a massive overpayment on him - 18 maybe at push, but really more. Just can't see why we'd even consider selling a young player who has shown as much as Bacuna has unless the deal is too stupidly good to turn down.

Im a big fan of Bacuna. Have been since he arrived. I love players who give their all, and he certainly does. But 18 million? Are you having a laugh? At times he has shown real composure but the vast majority of the time he has as rushed and as clueless with the ball as most other players. 

Fans did the same last year. We started getting a couple of good performances/results together and apparently we were going to have the most exciting season for decades this term, Lowton and Westwood were shoe ins for the England team. It was quite bizarre: as is your valuation of Bacuna. Dont get me wrong, he is the type of player who epitomises what I believe Lambert is trying to do here and I would want him to stay, but for anything over 6-8 million - christ we'll be done for daylight robbery.   

Well what I'd say is that if, say, someone had made a bid for Lowton during the summer for 7mil and we'd turned it down, I'd be glad we did. Obviously with hindsight it would have been a good deal, but I'd rather we gamble on players who perform well continuing to do so, and look to build a team.

18mil is clearly a bonkers assessment of Bacuna - but the fee would have to be bonkers, otherwise I don't think it would be worth it.

he d poor game at West Brom and Fulham but all new signings don't have great starts but he has bounced back really well and deserves starting place.

1st home game we won and he didn't score.

he d poor game at West Brom and Fulham but all new signings don't have great starts but he has bounced back really well and deserves starting place.

1st home game we won and he didn't score.

Frightening statistic.

• Like 1

It is debatable whether Bacuna will even be a RB next season. I do not believe this speculation has any merit but it is more to do with Leandro's performance against Chelsea, which obviously provoked someone to write a piece about Bacuna to Arsenal. It is a great compliment to our club, I want more of our young stars being linked with Champions League teams.  :D

Anyway, I doubt the person who produced this speculation knows a lot about the player or Arsenal's transfer intentions in the summer.  

Edited by GENTLEMAN

He's got to be one of the buys of the season surely?

Yes. I said previously we have signed another James Milner for under a million quid, it is fantastic business.  :D

sorry i don't get the comparision?

He's got to be one of the buys of the season surely?

Yes. I said previously we have signed another James Milner for under a million quid, it is fantastic business.  :D

sorry i don't get the comparision?

Do not get me wrong though they both have their own style. If you have some time, check out Milner's FK against Everton (2009) and Bacuna's goal against Cardiff this season, it is freakishly similar. There is many other examples too. You will get the comparison.  :)

Hi chaps,

I am currently producing a Bacuna compilation for this season. What do you guys want to see in the finished video? I need some ideas.

Damn, you beat me to it :(

Anyway:

Goals, preferably with slow motion freekicks

Tackles

Passes

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

As mentioned above, liverpool at home. His debut. He was awfull in that game. And got motm.

True. I kind of meant just when he played at right-back but yes, his debut was poor.

Yeah, I probably should've realised that you meant as an RB. So, apart from that game, I can't think of another one. And let's not forget that the game against wba he made that early blunder that probably shook his confidence for most of the remaining of that game. I think he got better in the end too, when Delph, Gabby and Weimann came on.

• Like 1