Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I'm sure when he joined, I saw clips of Bacuna taking some decent penalties for Groningen. So for less than a million, we picked up a free kick/ penalty taker who is strong, quick, versatile and built like a bulldog. Bargain. He's probably one of my favourite Villa players at the moment.

He has never missed a penalty

His vision when he played in the hole against west brom was really good, kept trying really clever passes. The problem was he was didn't have the technical ability to convert them.

Fair enough, I did not really notice this but then I remember that I was only half-watching that game at times. I'll make sure I rewatch it sometime soon.

• Like 2

Think it also proves another thing - please don't right a player off after just a few games (or even before a ball is kicked in earnest). Give them a chance - be patient. Just saying - a few had written him off after a few games!!

Well it really doesn't prove that. Tonev is proof the other way around. So, it could go either way.

Not really - how many full starts has he had - still not many so too early to judge. Point still stands - some just have this idea that if he has some bad games - he must be shit,

It took a long time for players in the past to get going - some must remember Ken McNaught having a stinker of a first game - being labelled crap - but became an integral part of the champions. 

I'd rather give a player more than 10 games or so. Bennet had a good game - I bet nearly all the 'experts' on here said 'That's it we've lost' etc etc etc, but he had a really good game didn't he?.

So no it's not the same - how many FULL games has it taken Bacuna till some have changed their minds?.

Tonev may be shit but I will reserve judgement until he has an extended run - maybe he will come good maybe not but I'm not going to judge just yet.

Christ we even gave Mark Kinsella and Steve Hodge more time before we wrote them off!!!

• Like 1

Think it also proves another thing - please don't right a player off after just a few games (or even before a ball is kicked in earnest). Give them a chance - be patient. Just saying - a few had written him off after a few games!!

Well it really doesn't prove that. Tonev is proof the other way around. So, it could go either way.

Not really - how many full starts has he had - still not many so too early to judge. Point still stands - some just have this idea that if he has some bad games - he must be shit,

It took a long time for players in the past to get going - some must remember Ken McNaught having a stinker of a first game - being labelled crap - but became an integral part of the champions.

I'd rather give a player more than 10 games or so. Bennet had a good game - I bet nearly all the 'experts' on here said 'That's it we've lost' etc etc etc, but he had a really good game didn't he?.

So no it's not the same - how many FULL games has it taken Bacuna till some have changed their minds?.

Tonev may be shit but I will reserve judgement until he has an extended run - maybe he will come good maybe not but I'm not going to judge just yet.

Christ we even gave Mark Kinsella and Steve Hodge more time before we wrote them off!!!

Ok, I just don't buy into this "you should give every player an extended run before judging". No team can give extended runs for every player who underachieves. And I doubt you'll ever see Tonev get it. He's as good as gone. Edited by AVTuco

Yeah I was hard on him early days too.

Although I do think his debut against Liverpool is one of the worst displays I've ever seen. He was dreadful.

BUT recently he's been very good. Said it in the match thread, but he'd have been my MOTM on Saturday ahead of Delph. He was superb

Leandro Bacuna is the highest scoring right back across the top 5 leagues in Europe (England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France).

Edit: 

I guess our Official Facebook page forgot about Seamus Coleman.

Edited by samjp26

Leo just seems to keep getting better and better with every game.

I just hope that he continues to work hard as he is not the most gifted player technically, and I think his energy is his biggest attribute.

Tip of the hat to the scouts considering the money we paid for him!

Reckons in Evening Mail that he is third highest scoring behind Coleman and Serge Aurier

Sounds correct to be fair. Still a very good statistic, I think we'll see him at least score one before the campaign finishes.

I suppose technically he has four goals from right-back as the goal against Albion was scored from midfield. Still a great tally though, especially considering the football that has generally been played this season.

Benteke said Bacuna is an offensive player but currently filling in at RB.

Dunno - seems like a nice bloke to me - always smiling and enjoys his football - maybe needs a new deodorant if that's the case. :P

• Like 3

Benteke said Bacuna is an offensive player but currently filling in at RB.

Dunno - seems like a nice bloke to me - always smiling and enjoys his football - maybe needs a new deodorant if that's the case. :P

i lol'd

Yeah I was hard on him early days too.

Although I do think his debut against Liverpool is one of the worst displays I've ever seen. He was dreadful.

BUT recently he's been very good. Said it in the match thread, but he'd have been my MOTM on Saturday ahead of Delph. He was superb

Funny you should mention that because he actually got he sponsors man of the match for that game, which was greeted by the biggest gasp of 'WTF' ever.

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal Want Young Aston Villa Right Back To Replace Bacary Sagna At The Emirates This Summer

Arsenal are lining up a shock move for highly rated Aston Villa right-back Leandro Bacuna at the end of the season as the north London club prepare for the departure of Bacary Sagna from the Emirates.

The Premier League giants have been holding face-to-face negotiations with their experienced France international for over a year now about trying to extend the right back’s seven-year stay at the club, with Sagna’s current deal in the capital now set to run out at the end of June.

However, as yet the two parties have been unable to come to any sort of agreement though over new terms, with the 30-year-old demanding a three-year deal on significantly increased terms to those which he is currently on.

And as a result, it now appears as though this will be the Frenchman’s final campaign with the north Londoners, with Sagna currently said to be weighing up more lucrative offers from the likes of Galatasaray, Paris Saint-Germain, AS Monaco and Inter Milan.

Arsenal head coach Arsene Wenger has been busy though drawing up a list of possible replacements for the Sagna at the Emirates next season, with the Frenchman said to be keen to get all of the club’s transfer activity out of the way before this summer’s Fifa World Cup finals get under way in June.

However, initially it had been expected that Wenger wanted to sign either Borussia Dortmund right-back  Lukasz Piszczek or Everton’s right-sided full back Seamus Coleman to take over from Sagna at the Emirates next season.

But Wenger has been quoted a whopping figure of £25m by the Merseyside giants for their in-form Republic of Ireland international, while he has also been told by the Bundesliga outfit that the Poland international is not for sale at any price this summer, meaning the Frenchman has now been forced to switch his focus elsewhere.

And Wenger’s new target is Villa’s former Netherlands Under-21 international, a player who only arrived in the West Midlands from Eredivisie outfit FC Groningen at the beginning of this campaign on a three-year deal, although already Bacuna has proved himself to be an outstanding addition to head coach Paul Lambert’s side.

The 22-year-old, who can also operate in midfield too, has so far managed to register five goals and an assist in total in his 30 matches in all competitions, all of which have come in the Premier League.

And it begins! Caught Offside reporting that Wenger wants Bacuna signed up in the Summer. £10m please mate :)

Edited by samjp26

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal Want Young Aston Villa Right Back To Replace Bacary Sagna At The Emirates This Summer

Arsenal are lining up a shock move for highly rated Aston Villa right-back Leandro Bacuna at the end of the season as the north London club prepare for the departure of Bacary Sagna from the Emirates.

The Premier League giants have been holding face-to-face negotiations with their experienced France international for over a year now about trying to extend the right back’s seven-year stay at the club, with Sagna’s current deal in the capital now set to run out at the end of June.

However, as yet the two parties have been unable to come to any sort of agreement though over new terms, with the 30-year-old demanding a three-year deal on significantly increased terms to those which he is currently on.

And as a result, it now appears as though this will be the Frenchman’s final campaign with the north Londoners, with Sagna currently said to be weighing up more lucrative offers from the likes of Galatasaray, Paris Saint-Germain, AS Monaco and Inter Milan.

Arsenal head coach Arsene Wenger has been busy though drawing up a list of possible replacements for the Sagna at the Emirates next season, with the Frenchman said to be keen to get all of the club’s transfer activity out of the way before this summer’s Fifa World Cup finals get under way in June.

However, initially it had been expected that Wenger wanted to sign either Borussia Dortmund right-back Lukasz Piszczek or Everton’s right-sided full back Seamus Coleman to take over from Sagna at the Emirates next season.

But Wenger has been quoted a whopping figure of £25m by the Merseyside giants for their in-form Republic of Ireland international, while he has also been told by the Bundesliga outfit that the Poland international is not for sale at any price this summer, meaning the Frenchman has now been forced to switch his focus elsewhere.

And Wenger’s new target is Villa’s former Netherlands Under-21 international, a player who only arrived in the West Midlands from Eredivisie outfit FC Groningen at the beginning of this campaign on a three-year deal, although already Bacuna has proved himself to be an outstanding addition to head coach Paul Lambert’s side.

The 22-year-old, who can also operate in midfield too, has so far managed to register five goals and an assist in total in his 30 matches in all competitions, all of which have come in the Premier League.

And it begins! Caught Offside reporting that Wenger wants Bacuna signed up in the Summer. £10m please mate :)

I hope this doesn't happen.