Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Replacement for Outgoing Veteran Found as Gunners Line Up Move for Villa Defender

Arsenal are in the works for a surprise move to acquire Aston Villa defender Leandro Bacuna, who will take the place of outgoing veteran Bacary Sagna.

The Gunners have yet to pan out a new agreement to make the exiting French right-back stay at the Emirates, with his contract due to expire this coming summer.

The 31-year-old is looking to make the most out of the last possible lucrative deal in his career, demanding £90,000 a week in wages for three years along with a £6million sign-on fee.

However, the north London club are understood to be hesitant to give in to Sagna's demands, setting up contingency measures in the past, which involved Everton's Seamus Coleman and Dortmund's Lukasz Piszczek, that did not turn out to be successful.

Meanwhile, the 22-year-old Bacuna has shown promise after starring for the Holland's under-21 squad, while proving himself to be a vital part of Villa's run in the Premier League this season, finding the back of the net 5 times and turning provider once in 22 starts of 27 appearances.

The former Groningen man also brings versatility to the table as he is able to operate in the middle of the park, centrally or on the right side.

Bacuna is suggested to be valued at around £2million, but such figure is expected to rise significantly because of a fantastic first-year campaign in England's top-flight.

Another article, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Caught Offside are the reason for it, but it does seem to be doing the rounds now. 

Edited by samjp26

I'm trying to think what would be a fair price for him if he were sold. I'd probably go with somewhere around £10m too.

I think it would have to be around that mark, especially if a club like Arsenal were to buy him. We'll also be giving Groningen 20% of anything we receive so I guess that has to be taken into consideration.

Edited by samjp26

Oh yeah, I forgot about the 20% sell-on clause. In that case, I wouldn't be particularly thrilled about only receiving £8m for him in today's market.

Edited by Isa

Please, folks, do yourselves a favour and ignore this rubbish.  Bacuna will be with us for a few of years yet - unless the manager wants to replace him with a better option.  The only way Arsenal would be able to even have a sniff of a player from us is if said player was near the end of their contract and Villa were looking to do business.  I think it's pretty clear that Villa are looking to build again and there is no chance any of this squad will leave unless they are surplus to requirements.

The only things these articles do is consistently belittle Villa, take it on the chin and enjoy it when we march up the table next season.

I think it's pretty clear that Villa are looking to build again and there is no chance any of this squad will leave unless they are surplus to requirements.

I think we've all learned over the years that when a players head is turned and he wants to leave, there isn't much Villa can do except try to get the best deal they can out of it. 

:blink::blink:

Am I seeing this right, 8million upwards for bacuna??!!!

He's not worth anything near that

Doesn't matter what a player is worth, it matters how much the selling club wants. 

And because of Bacuna's versatility, I would say he is worth it.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

:blink::blink:

Am I seeing this right, 8million upwards for bacuna??!!!

He's not worth anything near that

Doesn't matter what a player is worth, it matters how much the selling club wants.

And because of Bacuna's versatility, I would say he is worth it.

Even so, 8 million?....he done well this season but come on.