Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

we could end up with a defence consisting of

bacuna - baker - okore - clark

if some of the defence don't shake off knocks vs Newcastle

Theres no way any sane person in world football would move Clark out of position at the moment, whoever comes in will go to left back not in Clark's position. But i'd like to see Bacuna somewhere on the pitch, lets see what he can do without PL.

Are you saying that because Clark has been so 'brilliant' at CB.

If so, can somebody please explain where this myth came from?

Theres no way any sane person in world football would move Clark out of position at the moment, whoever comes in will go to left back not in Clark's position. But i'd like to see Bacuna somewhere on the pitch, lets see what he can do without PL.

So a player has to be 'brilliant' or rubbish?

Clark is clearly in form at the moment.

So much in form we are 19th in the table.

Brilliant.

So much in form we are 19th in the table.

Brilliant.

Fantastic logic  :thumb:

I suppose Benteke was shit in Lambert's first season then as we were in a relegation battle then?

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Given? Seriously?

Yes,seriously. 

And your point is?

Ohhhh have I ruffled the feathers of the "Guzan is & always be our No.1" sect?

I'd play Given against Newcastle cos I'm not overwhelmed with a guy who has been suspect lately!

And I mean.....SERIOUSLY!!!!

Given? Seriously?

Yes,seriously.

And your point is?

Ohhhh have I ruffled the feathers of the "Guzan is & always be our No.1" sect?

I'd play Given against Newcastle cos I'm not overwhelmed with a guy who has been suspect lately!

And I mean.....SERIOUSLY!!!!

Guzan could, quite possibly, be the best player we have in our squad most weekends. GK's are always in the firing line thanks to poor defenders. I'm a fan of Shay's, but he couldn't do better given the circumstances.

On Bacuna, I like him a lot. I think he has earned a go today, see how he fairs and get him involved. He looked hungry against Leicester and that's what we need.

I do think Bacuna deserves more chances in the league. Across the last 3 seasons he is the only non forward we have in the squad that has scored more than 3 league goals in a season.

In a team striving for goals he is arguably as likely as any non forward to get one.

He has started 1 league game this season and while there is a list of under performing players that have started 20ish league games a season it seems a bit unfair on the lad.

• Like 2

Yes he can score a 20 yarder but he is a very poor footballer. His attribute of being able to take on a man and maybe score is not enough when he cant defend cant pass and has a terrible touch. 

I think he put his first 3 passes out of play today. I know he was played out of position but that dosnt make up for the poor passes, poor touch and decision making. 

Maybe a little harsh as we have won today but that is a generalisation of his ability and time at Villa IMO. I dont see a future for him at this club if we improve our over all quality of the squad. 

He is absolutely terrible.

Jack no more than 7 yards away from him in acres of space begging for the ball and he cannot see him, takes a week to make his mind up and then **** up the pass anyway.

From a resulting corner, somehow receiving the ball on the edge of the penalty box with options inside and out we end up back at the halfway line.

The myth that he can cross too?

Let's hope Hutton doesn't pick up any more silly bookings or suspensions.

He gets way more flack than deserved sometimes. Yes, he lacks technical ability and messed up at times offensively but other than a couple of moments in the first-half (in which all of our defenders made mistakes), he was solid overall defensively.

Edited by Isa