Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Yes technically poor but has pace to burn and good at freekicks. Not sure why he hasn't been given a look-at this season when you consider how poor Richardson and Nzog have been

Edited by PaulC

He can't do the most basic things though.

He cannot control a football and he cannot pass a football. I couldn't believe how laughably bad he was last season at times.

This ain't the Charles N'Zogbia or Andreas Wiemann thread mate. ;)

I don't think 'not getting the basics right' is limited to Bacuna. I think it is about confidence, our tactics and the overall way we play.

He deserves a chance, he did more in a handful of games than most of our players have done in 4 seasons.

• Like 2

I can't understand why he hasn't featured more this season. Scored 5 goals las season which looks beyond most of our strikers at times and certainly no other midfielder isn't going to manage that. Will link midfield and attack better than anyone else we have available, and better on the wing than Richardson or N'Zogbia.

What has he got to do to get a look in?

• Like 3

I don't really rate him to be honest. Can't fault his application, but I just don't think he's really Premier League standard. Happy to be proved wrong if he plays this weekend, though, not exactly the easiest of games to come back into the first 11!

^ Yet without his contributions last season we probably would've been relegated. I think he definitely offers more to the team then N'Zogbia and Richardson do. Hopefully he takes his chance soon

I think us being relegated without him is a bit of a stretch to be honest. 

^ Yet without his contributions last season we probably would've been relegated. I think he definitely offers more to the team then N'Zogbia and Richardson do. Hopefully he takes his chance soon

Just had a look at the stats, you may be right.

If he didn't score in that City game and in the game vs WBA, both game would've been draws instead of wins, and we would've finish 4 points worse, on 34 points - only one point above the relegation zone. My bad.

:ph34r:

Edited by Jay.P.A

If he didn't score in that City game and in the game vs WBA, both game would've been draws instead of wins, and we would've finish 4 points worse, on 34 points - only one point above the relegation zone. My bad.

Well, you've also got the fact if he didn't play all the games he did, someone else would have, and who knows if they would have done better or worse. 

Some players have a huge influence on the team, Benteke and Guzan probably being the main two, without them we probably would have been relegated (imo), but Bacuna wasn't the difference. 

Edited by PieFacE

He certainly poses an attacking threat, so he can feel unlucky not to have had more game time this season. I think a lot of that is due to Hutton's good form, with him bombing forward it doesn't make as much sense to bring Bacuna on as an attacking RB/RWB, which is what he often was last season.

He certainly won us two points in the Cardiff game as that was sleeping walking to a 0-0 before his free kick from nowhere.

Same with Man. City, we were losing 2-1 before the great free kick and we scored right after that so he did win us some points last season.

I don't really rate him to be honest. Can't fault his application, but I just don't think he's really Premier League standard. Happy to be proved wrong if he plays this weekend, though, not exactly the easiest of games to come back into the first 11!

I get that some people don't rate him, while I don't agree it's a reasonable point of view.

But surely the question is if he would offer more than CNZ, Richardson or Wienmamn, and surely even his biggest doubters would have to say yes at times to that?

• Like 1