Why do YOU support Villa?

Spoony

Do we have a particularly big Scandi following? I've noticed a few on this board and given we have had a few Scandinavian greats over the years it wouldn't surprise me. Especially now we're signing Denmark...

Do we have a particularly big Scandi following? I've noticed a few on this board and given we have had a few Scandinavian greats over the years it wouldn't surprise me. Especially now we're signing Denmark...

At least not in Finland, in the biggest finnish football forum Newcastle had something like 90 page season 2012/13 thread and Villa had 9-10 page but I dunno about Denmark, Sweden and Norway.

I used to hate football when I was 4 or 5, but there was a good reason for this. My Bluenose Dad kept showing me videos of Blues beating someone in the Auto-windscreens cup at Wembley, telling me to say 'come on blues' but I wasn't having any of it. For 2 years or so I had no interest in football until I used to stay at my grandparents on a Saturday night and used to watch some Villa games on TV. The game I realised I loved our club was when we were 2-0 down at Arsenal in the semi-final of the Coca Cola cup, and Yorke (my idol) scored twice in a epic comeback. Ever since that day I have been hooked on this club.

My first game was a 3-0 win against Southampton in 96, I was 7 and Ian Taylor scored the first live goal I saw.

So as a local boy, I had a very very lucky escape from supporting the filth from down the road. My whole family are Bluenoses.

When I was 7 years old, we only had 4 different tv channels. 3 of them was german.... It was back in 1982. An May night, my father gave me permission to see a football match in the tv. As you proberbly allready have guessed, it was the European cup final. I had never heard of Aston Villa, my dad had told me about the Giants from Germany. So munich had an advantage to begin with, but the longer the match went on, the more sympathy I got for Villa. First of all, Aston kinda sounded like my first name in my little 7 years old ears (Allan). The I totally lost my heart to the fighting, never surrending attitude the whole Villa team had that night. My fascination of Aston Villa Football Club started that night with the first football match i remember

From a Danish Villan

Edited by 666avfc
  • Like 2

Not big over here compared to the other usual suspects, but I meet the odd Villa fan on occasion.

I was a big fan of Dean Saunders. I was a striker myself and wanted to be as good as him. So when he came to Villa - I think I was 9 at the time - I started paying attention to the club. Of course it didn't hurt that this season was a particulary good one for Villa. All my mates were supporting Liverpool and I remember they were played of the park 4-1 that season. A year later I got my first CM-game, and I think that made a difference too. Been following Villa ever since, but it's not since the age of internet streaming that I've actually been able to watch most games.

I and my friend (Misha the bear) drinking vodka and see how to play Aston Villa. Since then, support the Villa.   :D  :D  :D

1954882.jpg

laugh, of course this is a joke  :D  :D  :D  Aston Villa fan since September 1994. Initially, I liked the colors of the club: claret and blue. Then I fell in love with the players and this fantastic, beautiful game Aston Villa. 
  • Like 2

i lost a bet, lol, joke

i cant actually remember why or how i become to support villa, i think it was to do with 2 towels, one villa, one blues that my mom bought, she said to me pick whichever i wanted and the other would go to my cousin in australia, i chose the villa towel (which i still have to this day and doesnt get used ever) as it looked better and not so cheap, the blues towel was a vile blue colour, which would explain why my cousin is a blues fan

but were as most people support a club from their parents, for me it was the other way round, both mom and my departed dad support villa because of me, even my older brother, when my dad died we emptied his flat and found loads of villa memorilbilia that we never knew about, even a villa shirt, upset me alot

• Like 2

My dad and late granddad are Villa fans. I had no choice really. They took me to my first game when I was 5 and I took my grandfather to his last game a few years ago.

When my little brother came home in a Man United shirt a few years ago I don't think dad spoke to him for a week.

• Like 1

i lost a bet, lol, joke

i cant actually remember why or how i become to support villa, i think it was to do with 2 towels, one villa, one blues that my mom bought, she said to me pick whichever i wanted and the other would go to my cousin in australia, i chose the villa towel (which i still have to this day and doesnt get used ever) as it looked better and not so cheap, the blues towel was a vile blue colour, which would explain why my cousin is a blues fan

but were as most people support a club from their parents, for me it was the other way round, both mom and my departed dad support villa because of me, even my older brother, when my dad died we emptied his flat and found loads of villa memorilbilia that we never knew about, even a villa shirt, upset me alot

thats an touching story :blush:

My Dad was Blues.

My older brother was Wolves.

Two soccer mad grandmothers, however one was Man Utd and the other one is West Brom!

No real family allegiances at all with me, which if I think about it with really over the top sentimentalism, I'm sort of gutted about because I never got to have the experience of going down with family/dad etc that a lot of my mates had.

At my school it was basically Blues or Villa and I remember loving the colour of the kit, and I loved the players at the time: Bosnich, Earl Barrett, Staunton, Teale, Saunders, Atkinson and GOD.

My first memory of supporting us passionately was listening to the radio in our race for the title season, Boxing Day 1992, but getting hammered 3-0 at Coventry!  :)

My first game at Villa Park was the following season against Newcastle, taken down by my Villa-supporting older cousin, but we lost 0-2!! :)

We did manage to win the Coca Cola Cup that season though with our amazing semi final victory over Tranmere (still my most incredible Villa Park memory) and beating Man Utd in the final. Since then I've never looked back. Would give anything to see days like those again.

My dad was a big Villa fan along with some of this work mates and they took me and my brother to our first game against Norwich in 1991 I think.  Fell in love with Villa since then.  Think it was 0-0 tho

Because we have the best name, a grand history, brilliant colours and a PROPER BLOODY STADIUM YOU CAN SMELL THE HISTORY IN!!! (anyone who's been to the Emirates can see how sterile some of these stadiums can be)

Oh, and me being born Selly Oak and me dad in Aston kinda helps.

Been a Villa supporter for 20 years now  :wub: 

As my mother is from Birmingham, my grandparents (grandfather is a huge villa supporter) used to come down to Switzerland a few times a year when I was a baby.
Granddad must have influenced me by bringing me scarves and kits for christmas. One of the first things I ever said was "Up the Villa!"  ^_^

I always went to Villa Park to watch the boxing day matches when my family flew over for Christmas so I have quite a few happy memories. :D

Since then I have watched every match possible, fighting my way through hours and hours of adverts on streaming-sites...but it's been worth it!

:flag: 

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 2

My old man took me when i was about 6 i think. Nottingham Forest at home in the 94/95 season?? 1-1 it was.

Fallen in love with the club ever since, couldnt even think about supporting another team

I was brought up and have lived in Small Heath for the last 32 years (unfortunately). However there has only ever been one football team for me, which I've supported since the age of 9 and that's the one from B6! Amazingly, in my first and second years at secondary school I was one of very few Villa fans, even though we were doing really well in the league at that time (1992/93). Bloody place was full of Liverpool fans. Anyway, I couldn't give a stuff about other teams.

I was born and bred in Church Road in Aston. All of the pictures of me as a baby were taken in Aston Park with Villa Park in the background. My family are all Villa fans and for me supporting Villa is as much a way of life for me as eating, drinking and sleeping.

Â