Confirmed Transfers Summer 2013

mikeyp102

So i'm basing my assumption on information from a respected ITK and you are basing your assumption on what, the inability to admit when your wrong. We quite obviously inquired about at least one if not more AMs one of which was in the 10m-12m bracket and Lambert wasn't given the money to sign him. You also forget last January's window as well where Lambert did enquire about other players and wasn't backed again on his targets.

So one can assume then that Lambert hasn't been fully backed by the board and HH has already stated that.

Seemingly you find that hard to understand or as stated beforehand and in previous debates you just won't admit to what has been put in front of your nose.

So Kiyotake club state their player is not for sale when we enqured but yeh he was available in that bracket obviously. It's my opinion and I have never claimed anywhere that I am right. What determines whether PL has been backed or 'fully' backed? So an acquisition of an AM would have been 'fully' backed, or would it be a CDM next to then state he wasn't fully-backed. Managers do not get every player they enquire for unless your playing football manager of course, a player could easily be priced out of a move. The fee 'reported' which would have taken us to aquire Kiyotake was 16million Euros, because the selling club DID not want to sell, thats not taking into consideration his wages. But we'll take your word for it he wasn't 'fully' backed and I'm wrong.

Interesting to see that you've just focused on one window and not the two i have quoted.

I'm also not asking you to take my word for it. I'm asking you to concentrate on what another more informed poster than you or i has said which you still have some difficulty in accepting because it proves that Lambert has not been fully backed by the board.

14m over two windows to continue a rebuild when wages have been cut and several of the leaches have left. You mention Kiyotake. Signing him would still have brought our expenditure lower than what Lambert was given when he first became our manager so it wouldn't have bankrupt the club. You also must consider the increase in revenue from TV.

No-one is saying that Lerner should give Lambert the same kind of investment that MON was given and no-one expects that but for a club of our stature we should be able to back the present manager more in his targets when he has shown that he has an eye for a player. 

Edited by Morpheus

I just don't understand some of the negative comments regarding our net spend.

Sure, I would've loved to see us spending big money on players/wages, but we've only just got ourselves to a point of not haemorrhaging money - lets not start taking backward steps just yet.

As long as we're competitive on the pitch, then I don't care how cheap they are. All I care about is if they can do a good job, which by and large all PL's signings have done.

If we are in a relegation fight again this season then perhaps the method should be re-assessed, but I see no reason why we can't finish in the top half based on our end-of-season form last season and our start this year.

I'm not saying he's the messiah, but in Paul Lambert I trust!

UTV!!!

It's terribly humdrum to have the same people moan about the same thing every year even though we're in a different situation. Winter is coming, it's getting darker and colder - we should be happy about what we've got. Yet some people never seem to be content even though there is very little to moan about. No one knows how much RL backs Lambert, no one knows if he got all his targets or very few. It's all speculation - how is it that it is always the negative thoughts that get the most emphasis by some people? We'll never know. Me I like to be positive - or else my life would be terribly sad if I couldn't do anything but sit around and think up negative things to moan about.

I bet the same people are moaning about their trash not being taken away nearly often enough when other people are living off the scraps that they throw in that bucket. 

Edited by magnkarl

I also find it boring or indeed more than a little sad that when a respected ITK poster states that Lambert wasn't backed on several of his targets which actually substantiates what another poster has previously said, that poster is then referred to as being negative.

This conversation is completely asinine.

What is, is. Time to deal with it.

Yes, it's completely **** boring to see the same moaning people trying to make the same point over and over.

Time to get behind the team for the new season.

I'm excited for the season.

Happy with our signings and behind Lambert.

I still think Lerner deserves criticism for the state of the club and I still think its completely acceptable to question what's going on in terms of his intentions for the club.

Clutching at straws. This is exactly what HH said.

I think this is a great post. If you are asking me if the manager had targets who were outwith the budget available then yes. Would he sometimes prefer to sign the finished article rather than sign potential. yes. Does he perhaps find it frustrating sometimes when he spots a player who he feels would do a really good job but the money required isn't there. Yip, a little bit. And does it annoy him even more when they move to a rival club in England. Yes. But he also appreciates where the club is at this moment in time, the problems that overspending has created in the past and it is obviously a long-term project to completely turn this club around. 

This is PL at the beginning on the transfer window knowing that he has X budget and that he can spend X budget anyway he wants.

It's not that there's a player and the board says no. It's that PL has a certain allotment and he chose to spend it on a variety of players to bolster the squad instead of one Kiyotake. You can squabble that his X allotment should be higher. That's fair.

But to say that the board hasn't backed him on one player is just desperately trying to throw negatives where you can find them.

Edited by Kwan

Yes, it's completely **** boring to see the same moaning people trying to make the same point over and over.

There's not even a discussion. Just the same floaters circling the bowl.

Great Summer of work from all at AVFC. Well done!

• Like 1

Is it that different from some of the positive comments?

You can say its the same people saying the same thing and that can easily be applied to some of the more positive posters.

Edited by Big_John_10

I missed a bus once.

Well, I say "missed" but the simple fact is it didn't turn up at all. I had to wait for an hour and a half, then 3 turned up.

I hate the bus company for that. It was frustrating and I had to make many apologies to the people who were expecting me to be there on time. That was a few years ago now. Since then, I haven't ever missed a bus - they run on time almost every time. But that's their job, isn't it? I'm happy they got it right at last - but I still hate them for what they did to me years ago and I just know they will make me miss a bus sometime in the future.

I think the best thing to do is throw more buses on the roads. They should be coming every 3 minutes, not every 15 minutes. That way, if I miss a bus, it won't ever be long till the next one. They need to be better, more comfortable buses too. But I know the bus company under current stewardship wont do that. It would be better if somebody who is willing to spend that kind of money took over.

Sounds familiar, no?

Until this season i cannot remember making comments which would suggest that Lambert hasn't been fully backed so to get comments like 'the same moaning people trying to make the same point over and over' and 'just the same floaters circling the bowl' is not only derogatory it is simply incorrect.

I certainly feel that a net spend of 13m-14m over two windows for a club of our stature when in the process of rebuilding should be questioned when the manager hasn't been backed on all of his targets which if rumours are correct those targets weren't extortionate in monitery terms and certainly wouldn't have bankrupt the club.

It isn't negative to question especially when you substantiate your opinion with relevant information provided by a proven ITK and i do find it incredulous that ITK's opinion is excepted when being positive but is largely ignored or excused when divulging something that is deemed by many to be negative.

Edited by Morpheus

I don't understand why you're restricting it to the last two windows and not including the £16m or so net spend last summer? It seemed to me that Lambert had the choice on the last day to go for Kozak or an attacking midfielder but the latter was just too expensive at the moment, considering we still couldn't relieve ourselves of the £4m or so wages of Given and Hutton, plus whatever part of Ireland's wages we are paying. If we had done then I am sure we could have afforded Kiyotake or whoever. I think they have been utterly fair and it sounds like Lambert has no issues.

I missed a bus once.

Well, I say "missed" but the simple fact is it didn't turn up at all. I had to wait for an hour and a half, then 3 turned up.

I hate the bus company for that. It was frustrating and I had to make many apologies to the people who were expecting me to be there on time. That was a few years ago now. Since then, I haven't ever missed a bus - they run on time almost every time. But that's their job, isn't it? I'm happy they got it right at last - but I still hate them for what they did to me years ago and I just know they will make me miss a bus sometime in the future.

I think the best thing to do is throw more buses on the roads. They should be coming every 3 minutes, not every 15 minutes. That way, if I miss a bus, it won't ever be long till the next one. They need to be better, more comfortable buses too. But I know the bus company under current stewardship wont do that. It would be better if somebody who is willing to spend that kind of money took over.

Sounds familiar, no?

The bus company used to be run by an old English firm. It never really ran brilliantly but was often on time and was usually a comfortable journey. Me and my pals were not happy though. In fact we were furious every time the bus didn't turn up on time, if it was even slightly late we made sure we let those in charge know how we felt. We even had a protest it annoyed us so much. Since the bus company was sold to some new rich Americam owners we're not really bothered when the bus turns up. After really improving the standard of the bus it now never arrives on time and for 3 years in a row the bus has barely managed to complete its route, but its ok. The new owners once let us go to London for free and gave us all a scarf to keep us warm during winter time. And I tell you what, if one day the buses start running like they did under the last ownership we'll be over the moon!

• Like 1

and i do find it incredulous that ITK's opinion is excepted when being positive but is largely ignored or excused when divulging something that is deemed by many to be negative.

Ahem...I think you mean accepted.

I don't understand why you're restricting it to the last two windows and not including the £16m or so net spend last summer?

Because he's arguing for the sake of it. To add to this point: the January window is known for being a nightmare. Prices of wages and transfer fees are inflated. Nobody wants to sell. Everyone knows this. It's not enough to say 'Lambert wasn't backed in January' and think that's the fact when we all know Lambert's job is to build the team AND reduce the wage bill.

I think they have been utterly fair and it sounds like Lambert has no issues.

Morpheus doesn't believe Lambert is making decisions because if he did he wouldn't be able to moan...again...still...after months and months.

Edited by praisedmambo

Yet again wrong on both your points but right on the grammer correction and for that a little advice.

It would be interesting to actually hear some of your opinions on the team and club rather than continual reactions to what other posters have said.

The bus company used to be run by an old English firm. It never really ran brilliantly but was often on time and was usually a comfortable journey. Me and my pals were not happy though. In fact we were furious every time the bus didn't turn up on time, if it was even slightly late we made sure we let those in charge know how we felt. We even had a protest it annoyed us so much. Since the bus company was sold to some new rich Americam owners we're not really bothered when the bus turns up. After really improving the standard of the bus it now never arrives on time and for 3 years in a row the bus has barely managed to complete its route, but its ok. The new owners once let us go to London for free and gave us all a scarf to keep us warm during winter time. And I tell you what, if one day the buses start running like they did under the last ownership we'll be over the moon!

For that analogy to work Randy would have had to have spent nothing over the past 3 years, which isn't the case at all.

I can't be bothered to think up my own analogy but basically it would involve this new American bus company spending absurd amounts of money on unnecessary accessories for the bus and employing wreckless drivers who only let British people onto the buses.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Â