Drugs

PussEKatt

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A close friend of mine has just started NA. Think I'm going to take a ride along with him tomorrow night. I've been once before, but left halfway through because it was just too much and I was not ready. I've got reservations about this 12 step thing and I definitely don't think it should be used long term, but that's just my opinion. Just feel like I should give it a try and maybe get to know some other people that are in the same boat. 

What's the worst that could happen ?

Give it a whirl,  it might be good.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Screenshot_20171011-172816.png

Obviously not everyone does cocaine, but even I'm surprised how common it is now. It does seem like everyone does it. At my workplace alone I know of atleast 12 people that take it every week or atleast now and again. Horrible horrible drug that a lot of people are so naive about. 

23 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

What's the worst that could happen ?

Give it a whirl,  it might be good.

Like I said it's not for everyone, but it would be great to get to know some new people that are not on a mission to get high anymore. 

Coke makes no sense to me, unless you're living in South America.

£100 for one good night and three bad days.

You can drink more, to poison yourself more thoroughly.

It knocks listening out of kilter. Coke fueled mixing sessions often end with something unlistenably, fizzily sibilant on playback the following day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but it's fun

So are mushrooms, and they're in season.

I'd argue that they're more fun, but probably wouldn't get a word in edgeways, cos you'd be coked up and chatting chatting chatting like a loon ;)

Drugs are bad kids.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Xann said:

Coke makes no sense to me, unless you're living in South America.

£100 for one good night and three bad days.

You can drink more, to poison yourself more thoroughly.

It knocks listening out of kilter. Coke fueled mixing sessions often end with something unlistenably, fizzily sibilant on playback the following day.

The money wasted is a downer, but the 3 bad days after a session is the killer. 

Cannabis on it's own, when used responsibly, can enhance your life in many positive ways, physically and otherwise. As can a nice glass of wine or frosty beer. Even an occasional toot is probably alright. It's been shown that MDMA, LSD and mushrooms can be used for PTSD, anxiety and depression. Heroin for it's amazing analgesic effects. I think they should all be legal, educate people and let them decide for themselves. I have no problem with anyone's drug use until it starts to have detrimental effects on themselves and their families, just like any other sort of human behavior.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Cannabis on it's own, when used responsibly, can enhance your life in many positive ways, physically and otherwise. As can a nice glass of wine or frosty beer. Even an occasional toot is probably alright. It's been shown that MDMA, LSD and mushrooms can be used for PTSD, anxiety and depression. Heroin for it's amazing analgesic effects. I think they should all be legal, educate people and let them decide for themselves. I have no problem with anyone's drug use until it starts to have detrimental effects on themselves and their families, just like any other sort of human behavior.

It is strange that most drugs are illegal, but alcohol isn't. I don't think I'd feel comfortable with drugs being legalised. I do see your point where the odd toot,shot or dabble can be beneficial to some people, but talking  from my own experience, I was hooked after my first line of coke. I'd taken a lot of drugs before I'd even had my first line, but after that first line, I knew straight away what my drug of choice would be. So I went from my first line to being hooked straight away which might not sound possible, but it's true. And here I am 15 years later paying for that first line I did. Of course that's just my story, but how many people out there would end up where I am now. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Xann said:

So are mushrooms, and they're in season.

I'd argue that they're more fun, but probably wouldn't get a word in edgeways, cos you'd be coked up and chatting chatting chatting like a loon ;)

Drugs are bad kids.

Only tried mushrooms once and it was probably the worst, scariest night of my life. 

I can confidently say I'll never try them again. Ever.

Â