Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

He needs to improve his decision making, that's all. He probably had a season last year in Poland where he was banging them in from distance for fun and thinks he can score from anywhere now. He seems to be taking less shots with each game now. He's learning, slowly. Weimann's shooting and decision making has been just as bad too this season.

Edited by VillaRoy

He needs to improve his decision making, that's all. He probably had a season last year in Poland where he was banging them in from distance for fun and thinks he can score from anywhere now. He seems to be taking less shots with each game now. He's learning, slowly. Weimann's shooting and decision making has been just as bad too this season.

That's what I was going to say ..

He's offering much more than just shooting .. So its something he could deal with .. One of the few players that you get confidence with them having the ball ! Although it all disapears if he saw the goal .. lol 

It's also possible that he was in a side full of poor finishers so even low % shots made more sense for the team. I have no clue if that's true, but it's a possibility.

The good thing with signing these cheap players is at least when Tonev does his N'zog impression and skies one into the North stand you think at least he didn't cost 10m and god knows what in wages.

I don't think he's a wide player at all, his crossing isn't great. I think in time he could be a decent option centrally, there are things to work on there.

I thought he played with quite a bit of enthousiasm. Maybe it's still like a league-one player getting a chance in the PL, but I thought he has improved a bit since his first appearance.

OK, his shooting is dire, especially since it was supposed to be one of his strengths when he signed, but he's at least trying to run at defenders and pushing the team forward. In Delph's absence, we need players like this.

he still has to improve a lot, but by the end of the season he could be an established PL player.

I don't think he's a wide player at all

I saw him skin the fullback many times with good control and pace. I think he's alright wide.

his crossing isn't great.

He fired in some nice ones - a little close to the keeper, mostly. Still, it was his cross that lead (eventually) to our second.

I don't think he's a wide player at all, his crossing isn't great. I think in time he could be a decent option centrally, there are things to work on there.

I agree. Didn't he play centrally for Lech Poznan?

his crossing isn't great.

He fired in some nice ones - a little close to the keeper, mostly. Still, it was his cross that lead (eventually) to our second.

Very much this, if someone was running across the keeper for a number of his crosses it would have been a great chance.

I think it must be the thing for Bulgarian midfielders signed by this club that gets dogs abuse at the start of their careers here and then prove to be an almost irreplaceable component of our midfield,  hope so anyway

I think it must be the thing for Bulgarian midfielders signed by this club that gets dogs abuse at the start of their careers here and then prove to be an almost irreplaceable component of our midfield,  hope so anyway

Get off your high horse - Petrov was a decent player playing in europen competition - this guy was playing in a pub league and quite frankly looks sunday league at best. 

Awful team player - can't or won't pass/cross. 

Thinks he can shoot - guess what he can't winds me up up how albrighton gets shipped out on loan and we are playing this utter clown.

Don't know if we're watching the same game. He made about 8 crosses, including the one that eventually led to Kozak's goal.

8 Crosses of which how many went straight to the goalkeeper at least 50% 

Even the one for the goal was a terrible cross the defender cleared poorly to lowton 

Edited by LondonVillian

Don't know if we're watching the same game. He made about 8 crosses, including the one that eventually led to Kozak's goal.

8 Crosses of which how many went straight to the goalkeeper at least 50% 

Even the one for the goal was a terrible cross the defender cleared poorly to lowton 

Look at that cross again for the goal, if that was a poor cross you have high expectations for a cross.

• Like 2

A bit harsh really. Someone makes a run in front of the keeper and that's an easy goal. The cross that led to Kozak's was a good one.

Either way, shown more than Albrighton has had in a while.

Edited by Kwan

When you say "Bulgarian midfielders" you just mean Petrov don't you?  If you can think of any others that the above refers to, please do let us know.  I suppose there's always Andy Townsev, Brian Littlov and James Milnev.

• Like 1

Get off your high horse - Petrov was a decent player playing in europen competition - this guy was playing in a pub league and quite frankly looks sunday league at best. 

Awful team player - can't or won't pass/cross. 

Thinks he can shoot - guess what he can't winds me up up how albrighton gets shipped out on loan and we are playing this utter clown.

To be fair you do sound pretty wound up. Bit angry maybe. 

A bit harsh really. Someone makes a run in front of the keeper and that's an easy goal. The cross that led to Kozak's was a good one.

Either way, shown more than Albrighton has had in a while.

Not harsh at all take of the tinted glasses the crosses were abysmal floaters into the gk's hands. 

Lets have a look at his stats so far:

Appeared in 9 games so far this season

Had a whooping 18 shots - 5 on target....

Commited 7 fouls and been fouled 2 times

0 Goals and 0 assists 

Â