Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Helped push up our "shots" statistic today....

... and that's the only positive I can find. Looks off the pace and, much like Andi, is trying too hard to do something every time he gets it.

Needs more work/time - but should not be retained for our next game based on his performance today.

I suppose the fact he wasn't even a guaranteed starter at Poznan should've told us something about his consistency at the very least.

Bing bing bing - we have a winner !

Exactly my thoughts - Lamberts first signings were mostly good - but nearly all of those players were pretty highly rated by there currents clubs. Tonev and Bacuna from what I understand weren't - 

I suppose the fact he wasn't even a guaranteed starter at Poznan should've told us something about his consistency at the very least.

Exactly my thoughts - Lamberts first signings were mostly good - but nearly all of those players were pretty highly rated by there currents clubs. Tonev and Bacuna from what I understand weren't -

To be fair on Bacuna he made loads of appearances for the first team.

Jeez... give the lad a break. New country, new team, new language.

He's keen to impress which is why he was shooting so much. In a few months time he will have settled and be playing people in rather than shoot.

He'll come good... I have no doubt about that. Just have a bit of patience.

• Like 3

To be fair on Bacuna he made loads of appearances for the first team.

I thought Bacuna was poor v liverpool - and Lowton was poor v newcastle. So if Bacuna can do a job at RB great. Going OT - but lowton looked decidley unhappy v Newcastle.

Wasn't Benteke hated by Genk fans and written off by loads of Belgian journos?

Wasn't Benteke hated by Genk fans and written off by loads of Belgian journos?

Not to my knowledge - they fought pretty hard to keep him - with Bentekke forcing the move.  - I think they may not have liked his personality - or as perceived - but in terms of football he was pretty highly rated

Hmm.... really want this lad to be a player. But just don't see it. He must be doing something in training which he cant do in a match.

Possibly, but I don't think the limited match time we've seen so far proves he won't make it with us.

Â