2013/14 Season Predictions

MikeMcKenna

Right now we're 3pts off this season's top half. I know it's a bit of a freak of a season but it surely shows that top half next season is hardly a stretch.

Strengthen the squad (all over. Defence and midfield key, aswell as good replacements for Bent and Given), Keep Benteke, Lowton and Westwood:

If we do this I think we'll finish 7th, and establish ourselves as the new Everton (who I expect to be bottom half with a late push towards relegation next season, unfortunately, i like them).

Strengthen squad generally but lose Benteke: Lower Midtable. Just.

Dont strengthen well enough + lose Benteke: Relegated.

Dont strengthen well enough + keep Benteke: Won't happen. He'll be off no matter what if he see's us doing nothing.

Edited by HalfTimePost

It does very much depend on the in and outs during the transfer window. The first target for me is to not spend any time in the bottom 6 during 2014 and to be safe during if not before April. I would be happy with a higher league place than we end up with this season and with progress being our aim for the next 4 seasons and yes it does sound a lot like the 5 year plan we once had folks. So somewhere around 10/11th and possibly a cup run that ends better than our LCSF defeat this season would be the aim. As things now stand I think we might do that.

• Like 1

I think I'd be considering the season a failure if we don't end in the top half. We can ship out highly paid non used players like, Bent, Dunner, Given, Ireland, Hutton ... and replace them with players who can be useful.

This team will benefit hugely from this seasons experiences and get better next term. They are young and they will improve.

I think we may do very well indeed in a volatile and unpredictable league next term. I can see an Everton decline. The top 6 will be set in Stone though. 

Right now we're 3pts off this season's top half. I know it's a bit of a freak of a season but it surely shows that top half next season is hardly a stretch.

Yes fr Liverpool are 7th. Theres not much for us to make up beyond them. So I think we should at least be going for 8th spot

Gunna push the boat out and guess:

United

City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Spurs

Liverpool

Swansea

Villa

Newcastle

Fulham

West Brom

West Ham

Norwich

Southampton

Everton

Stoke

Sunderland

Cardiff

Hull

Watford

Edited by HalfTimePost

I see Southampton under Pochettino struggling big time next season. They showed glimpses of collapsing towards the end of this season. They could easily go down.

I see Southampton under Pochettino struggling big time next season. They showed glimpses of collapsing towards the end of this season. They could easily go down.

Didn't they just ease off a little. They beat some of the bigger sides at home. Guess it depends on who they sign. I think Hull and whoever wins the playoff will struggle.

Didn't they just ease off a little. They beat some of the bigger sides at home. Guess it depends on who they sign. I think Hull and whoever wins the playoff will struggle.

Nah, he used Adkins' momentum. Next season he must generate his own. They're newly promoted. I think their 2nd season will be very tough.

OT but I also hope Stoke go down.

Can't see it. This season's scare will re-focus them. They showed they've enough about them when push came to shove. They've a big summer ahead though, no doubt. On that though, I'd break the bank to bring in Shawcross - but then I've said that for the past few years.

It all depends on what we and the other teams do in the transfer window.

This squad will probably end up somewhere around 15th if we keep Benteke, with a few new defenders and a solid midfielder we might be midtable.

Our attacking has improved during the season but our defending is just as woeful as it's been all season, that has to be rectified.

Most midtable teams have conceded 45-55 goals, we have conceded 67...

Considering how close the bottom half is and the baggies bubbles burst anywhere between 8th and relegation is possible. The the right investment the way the team has finished (remember we never had any dead rubbers like some teams) I'm hopeful of a higher finish than lower with some exciting football.

Â