2013/14 Season Predictions

MikeMcKenna

The new managers at the two Manchester clubs flop spectacularly and the league is thrown wide open, we play Chelsea on the final day of the season, sitting equal top with them, equal on points, GD and goals for. At 2-2 in the 95th minute, Hazard dives in the box and get awarded a penalty. Guzan saves the penalty and a rebound, before we clear the ball upfield. Gabby runs the ball up the right sideline and puts a through ball into Weimann, who crosses the ball to the far post where Benteke nods in back into the path of an advancing Barry Bannan, who drives the ball with an almighty volley into the top corner, before removing his shirt and swan diving into the fans in the Holte.

Also we win both domestic cups.

Con just came.

It all depends on who we shift, and who we buy. And who we keep. Benteke is the top priority, followed by Weimann. I can see us fending off bids for Guzan and Lowton. We need a LB, a CB, three midfielders, a GK and another striker. 

If Randy is more flexible with wages and gives PL a decent chunk of change to spend, I don't see why we can't challenge for a Europa League spot.

Edited by maqroll

We'll stay up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Think a lot of people are getting carried away because of narrow victories at the likes of Stoke and Norwich. The defence is very breachable by even the most avarage of sides - and lets not forget when we were really up against it - where was our chairman with his wonga in the Jan Window ? .......what makes everyone so sure that a few months later he is going to bankroll the manager ?

Looking at the situation with new managers at the top clubs, players leaving these clubs and basically they have to start again, next year is going to be interesting, as this season shows the whole league is improving with the influx of money and any team can beat another on a given day, Everton may struggle, Man u will be up the top but not so dominant, Chelsea well they are just Chelsea, Totenham, Liverpool, 1 player teams Man C, will reserve judgement until we see what happens,, in my opinion next year may just be the most open league we have had, get a good run going and anything can happen, If I was advising Randy then if he really wants Champions league then with the manager we have then I would advise he back him to the hilt with some serious investment in the squad, we just may be competing at the right end and with a bit of luck who knows. Now is the time for some forward thinking and gambling.

Looking at the situation with new managers at the top clubs, players leaving these clubs and basically they have to start again, next year is going to be interesting, as this season shows the whole league is improving with the influx of money and any team can beat another on a given day, Everton may struggle, Man u will be up the top but not so dominant, Chelsea well they are just Chelsea, Totenham, Liverpool, 1 player teams Man C, will reserve judgement until we see what happens,, in my opinion next year may just be the most open league we have had, get a good run going and anything can happen, If I was advising Randy then if he really wants Champions league then with the manager we have then I would advise he back him to the hilt with some serious investment in the squad, we just may be competing at the right end and with a bit of luck who knows. Now is the time for some forward thinking and gambling.

Good managers don't have to start again. Its only when you recruit the likes of Houllier and Mcleish - that they come out with bullsh***  like culture change, seasons of transition. If Moyes starts spouting such crap at old trafford he will quickly be told to get his act together. Not all owners are as gullible as Faulkner amd Lerner. 

I doubt Randy is interested in champions league.

I think this season has been a success. It was always going to be tricky as we were going through something of a transition. Hopefully over the summer we can shift some dead wood, keep hold of Benteke and sign a couple of more experienced defenders, a centre back and a left back.

I would expect us to finish above Everton next season!

If Lerner is engaged in this and provides funds then :

Get rid of high earners who don't play;

Keep Benteke and Weimann;

Sign Bridcutt and McCarthy to strenghten the midfield;

Add an experienced CB, maybe a Shawcross or someone from the continent, and a LB competition for Bennett ( Cresswell? );

Add a couple of attacking options - Robson-Kanu and maybe someone like Sinclair on loan if Zoggy is sold. I also like Deeney if Watford don't go up.

With the premier league being so top heavy and so poor below the 6th/7th spot, I can see a realistic chance to be comfortably in the 7th-9th range next season.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

Add an experienced CB, maybe a Shawcross or someone from the continent, and a LB competition for Bennett ( Cresswell? );

Add a couple of attacking options - Robson-Kanu and maybe someone like Sinclair on loan if Zoggy is sold. I also like Deeney if Watford don't go up.

With the premier league being so top heavy and so poor below the 6th/7th spot, I can see a realistic chance to be comfortably in the 7th-9th range next season.

Massive 'If'  - which on the high of avoiding relegation, everyone has forgotten this morning. - Lets not forget our chairman attended around 5 games last season.

We'll stay up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Think a lot of people are getting carried away because of narrow victories at the likes of Stoke and Norwich. The defence is very breachable by even the most avarage of sides - and lets not forget when we were really up against it - where was our chairman with his wonga in the Jan Window ? .......what makes everyone so sure that a few months later he is going to bankroll the manager ?

I don't think most people are getting carried away and from what I can se there is almost universal agreement that we have to strengthen the defence and that Lerner has to back Lambert with funds. I think the consensus is that if we can bring in 3/4 players we have greater potential next season. Obviously IF Lerner doesn't back him, it will be a different story but personally speaking after such a negative season for now I am thinking positively and hoping for the best

I think all of the following could struggle next season.

West Brom

Norwich

Stoke

Southampton

West Ham

Fulham

Sunderland

Cardiff

Hull

Watford/Palace

Everton, depending on who leaves

I'd like to think we could be a little more ambitious and sign more established players than those you have mentioned. The squad has enough potential, it needs a couple of older heads to help them out. Whilst it's ok to sign potential, Lerner has had a massive let off this season so he can't afford to become complacent and not release funds this summer.

Also a massive no to Deeney. I don't want anyone pulling on our famous shirt with a Blues tattoo.

• Like 1

This season has showed that everyone outside the top 6/7 are in a relegation fight. Our aim next season should be to break out of that and hang on to the coat tails of the bigger sides and get safety asap.

That would be progress.

Also really hope Lambert is still manager by end of next summer.

I think people are forgetting Swansea have EL. Midtable clubs who get EL often struggle to balance it with the league (Newcastle and Fulham) so I wouldn't be surprised to be Swansea in the bottom half.

Â