2013/14 Season Predictions

MikeMcKenna

I need to see which defenders we sell and sign before I can call this.

The defence has been championship standard this season, possibly lower. Something needs to happen if we want top10

I would expect a top ten finish because to be honest we are only about 5-6 points of that now and how many games have we lost or drew this season because we conceded a late goal.

Another cup run or two would be nice.

I would expect a top ten finish because to be honest we are only about 5-6 points of that now and how many games have we lost or drew this season because we conceded a late goal.

Another cup run or two would be nice.

But we are only the same amout of points off being relegated

We mustn't gloss over the deficiencies in the squad. Next season is only going to get tougher in the PL

Everyons prediction really depends on how much Lerner backs Lambert.If he ( Lerner ) continues to believe we can stay in the PL on a shoestring budget then we are riding for a fall....eventually.

Everyons prediction really depends on how much Lerner backs Lambert.If he ( Lerner ) continues to believe we can stay in the PL on a shoestring budget then we are riding for a fall....eventually.

Yep, and in terms of backing, the signs aren't good, with Lambert saying he is not expecting to make any big signings this summer, and the fact he wasn't backed when we were in dire straights in the Jan window, Is Lerner that bothered if we flounder for a couple more seasons, it would appear not.

If next season is like this one with a 11 team relegation battle we might end up anywhere between 10th or 16th as it's freakishly close.

I don't think (hope) we'll be as close to the drop as this season, but sadly i also don't think we'll be much closer pointswise to the top 7 teams.

But of course it all depends on what happens during the summer transfer window, any team that gets their signings spot on will rocket up the table like Newcastle did last season and Swansea kinda did this season. (Jut looked and Swansea was 11th last season... but they did replace some good players with even better ones

I wasn't sure where to put this.

We've a positive feeling at Villa, for the first time since MON's second season. But, this positivity feels better, because we actually have a feeling of 'all in this together.'

When things looked bad for Lambert, the fans sung his name - I am sure that means a lot to him.

When things got bad for the players - Lambert stuck with them - something I am sure will mean a lot to them when other clubs come knocking.

We've got rid of some frustrating players, Collins, Heskey, Warnock, Dunne, Hutton and Ireland, even thinking of those in our team makes me shake with fear.

We might not have had the best season, but it has been one of learning for both the players and manager, it hasn't destroyed us, it hasn't broken us, it has made us all stronger. Even on this forum now, it feels like something has changed, there is a warmth I haven't felt in ages.

This season screwed with my head, but I have a really good feeling looking ahead to next season now.

• Like 1

Isn't it a bit early for this thread? I mean the 2012/2013 season isn't even over yet.

Going to wait and see what happens in our pre-season with transfers and such before committing to any prediction

Looking at Lambert's quotes it appears like (if football was played on paper) that are in for a similar season to this year, i.e. we will struggle.

But football isnt played on paper, if it was, QPR would be in 8th, as "BBC's football expert" Mark Lawrenson stated.

We could start to reap the rewards of having a more settled team and expansive game plan next season, as well as perhaps bringing the form of the past few months into the new campaign.

Any success we get will be at the behest of Randy Lerner, as in my opinion the man just doesnt care any more. He's had his fingers burned and he wants out, just keeping us chugging along, sticking strictly to austerity, until the right person comes along to take us off his hands.

Who knows, the new TV money might make the situation more likely to hasten Lerner's departure.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

I would like to see come in...

1 Striker to compliment Benteke

1 Playmaker in Midfield with experience

1 quality Left back

1 Central defender to play with Vlaar

Bent out, Given out, Ireland out to free up some wages for players who are good enough/interested in playing for Villa.

Top 8 is not out of our reach if did it my way :P

It is utterly pointless making predictions at this stage with quite so many variables yet to be decided.

We don't know which of our best players we will hold onto or just how many of the deadwood we will be able cut.

We have no idea who we will be able to sign to add to the good players in our squad.

We don't know what other clubs will do in the transfer market, who will lose or sign which players or which managers will change.

Predictions at this point about how we will do next season are about as worthless as Barry Bannan.

There is no point making predictions until August.

If Lambert persists with Clark, Baker, Vlaar and Bennett again then its bottom 5. The amount of mistakes they make week in week out is unbelievable.

Need 2 centre halves and a left back before anything else. This defence is one of the worst I have ever seen.

I also think he needs replacements for Bannan and KEA. They are bloody awful.

In an ideal world the following players need replacing : Given Lichaj Stevens Bennett Clark Vlaar Bannan Herd KEA Allbrighton Bowery Bent Dawkins.

Our players have grown in strength, but failing to improve the team, to bring in better players and to push forward should not be allowed.

We've a lot of players going, we need a winger (or two), a central defender, left back, central midfielder and a striker.

We could also do with some more potential coming in alongside.

I hope Wigan's FA Cup win has not inspired Lerner that we can achieve on a small budget, the Wigan scenario won't happen again for another 30 years.

Just as he thought SHA winning the cup was reason to bring McLeish in.

If we do enough to stand still, teams will over take us, the promoted teams will catch us (barring Hull).

I think I had 14th before this season, and I would have taken 17th when we were losing miserably around Christmas. We are currently 16th and will probably stay there, I doubt our team can do much without Benteke up top but hopefully Wigan have already gone on holiday.

My prediction for next season is 11th on 44 points. And the points will be spread out more so that we don't find ourselves in 19th early on :)

I'll optimistically say we'll be top half.

Not by much, probably similar to how West Ham have done it this year.

A modest improvement on this season.

But, as others have said, it's really hard to say how we'll perform at this stage.

Â