FIFA 14

hogso

My son wants to buy some fifa coins from one of those online coin sites. Does anyone know if these sites are safe and if buying the coins is likely to lead to a cancelation or suspension of his account?

He's only 11 and just wants to get some good players. Not sure he really understands the ramifications of buying versus earning.

Edited by Ponky

My son wants to buy some fifa coins from one of those online coin sites. Does anyone know if these sites are safe and if buying the coins is likely to lead to a cancelation or suspension of his account?

He's only 11 and just wants to get some good players. Not sure he really understands the ramifications of buying versus earning.

I've used MMOGA.com

They are legitimate and instant. I am not sure if they are the cheapest and whatnot but they will get you the coins guaranteed. Just follow their instructions perfectly and you will get the coins. 

So no repercussions from EA?

It's against the terms of service and by breaking them you are liable to have your account closed I think. But I know no-one who's had this happen to them, and I've done it many times now and nothing has happened. They won't be bothered by it this late in the game I don't think so i'd say just go for it. 

So after having the game for nearly a year I decided to try something new and give the player career mode a try.  Has anyone else tried it? It's actually not bad but the rating system is a complete joke.  It's just ridiculous and ruins what could actually be a fun part of the game.

Yep, said before the rating system has ruined it (i assume you're talking abotu "be a pro"?)

When it first became a game mode it was great. You just got attribute points and you could allocate them however you liked. The better you played, the more points you got. Made sense.

Now you have to do all these achievements to get the attributes up. Which is fine when you start and the achievements are like "make 3 successful passes" or "Score a goal".

But to get your player really good you have to do stupid things. So instead of playing a game and trying to make your guy play well, you spend the whole time trying to "dribble past 3 players" or "deliver 3 30 yard passes".

Really annoying and ruined the mode for me.

• Like 1

Yeah that's the part of the game i'm on about.  It was so much better on previous games.  I also hate how your attributes are so effected by the height you choose to be.  If real life matched FIFA the 100m olympic final would be full of 5 ft 5 tiny sprinters.  The rating you get during a game is so stupid.  I'm playing well and my match rating is about 6.7, i score a goal and it shoots up to 7.5 and then 30 seconds later without even touching the ball my rating has dropped down to 6.2.  Just a ridiculous system.

I've played be a pro mode on NBA 2K games and their rating system is superb.  Wish FIFA could use a similar one.

Yeah that's the part of the game i'm on about.  It was so much better on previous games.  I also hate how your attributes are so effected by the height you choose to be.  If real life matched FIFA the 100m olympic final would be full of 5 ft 5 tiny sprinters.  The rating you get during a game is so stupid.  I'm playing well and my match rating is about 6.7, i score a goal and it shoots up to 7.5 and then 30 seconds later without even touching the ball my rating has dropped down to 6.2.  Just a ridiculous system.

I've played be a pro mode on NBA 2K games and their rating system is superb.  Wish FIFA could use a similar one.

The match rating system doesn't really bother me (or didn't when I played it)

There are parts of it that are really annoying and mean it's almost impossible to not get scored negatively in certain situations. But once you get used to it it's manageable and fun. I really enjoyed getting my guy high ratings, even if it maybe didn't replicate real life.

But at least back then your high rating meant your player improved. Now it means nothing. you could get a hat trick of goals and assists and a 10 rating and you might not improve ratings wise because you haven't got any achievements.

I'd prefer the way the NHL games improved your online pro. It was something like you had to get an average rating of a C, play 10 games and win 5 games. Once you did that, you unlocked points to put on your attributes and it improved your player. Then next level you needed an average rating of C+, 25 games played and 10 wins and so on. It worked a lot better and the ability to put your points where you wanted them helped too. You could put them all on speed if you want, but the higher you got, the more expensive you got, so you'd be crap at everything else.

FIFAs is just too rigid and annoying to level up. Needs changing.

Yeah it's a shame.  Surely EA earn enough money from FIFA to make sure all aspects of it are good.  I really used to enjoy career mode, both player and manager versions.  Agree with the above post, 2K have shown how to make a great career mode experience.

Apparently head to head gameplay is as fast as Ultimate Team gameplay is this year. I'll probably end up playing H2H a lot more next year if that's true.

Noooooooooooooooooo!

I hate FUT, much prefer seasons mode. I'll be so fecked off if they change that.

Â