FIFA 14

hogso

UT gameplay is faster? It would be good if there was an option to either have the GTN or regular transfer system for career

Agree, I liked FIFA because it's transfer system was so simple and easy, it's not supposed to be like real life (FM try to do this which is fine). I just want to be able to buy a very fast player with high finishing without scouting the whole world...

There's a good article on the improvements they've made on Career Mode here. I'm quite looking forward to it to be honest.

It was with great gusto that I headed off to Guildford just a few weeks ago to try the latest sampling of Career Mode for FIFA 15. I spent a whole day with the mode and this, is what I found out.

• Console used – Xbox One
  • Team used – Manchester United
  • Time played – 3/4 of a season (with European matches)
  • Difficulty used – Professional/World Class

In truth it was very much a mixed bag but let’s begin with the good stuff.

Sort out fitness so you can play Saturday Wednesday Saturday like all normal CL clubs, it's ridiculous needing two world class squads and rotating 11 players every game.

Sort out the fixtures, playing Saturday then tuesday then no game for 11 days. WTF. Why!

• Like 2

Sort out fitness so you can play Saturday Wednesday Saturday like all normal CL clubs, it's ridiculous needing two world class squads and rotating 11 players every game.

Sort out the fixtures, playing Saturday then tuesday then no game for 11 days. WTF. Why!

On the subject of rotating squads, I hate manually rotating them. In this years game you can save multiple team sheets and select a team sheet to save time. It's a ball ache changing the entire team for cup games and then back again for a league game. 

Villa have now given me a whopping £13m and £60k for wages, with the expectation of winning the league. Yeah.

Haven't played career for awhile..usualy start as a play and refuse the loan offers i get.then put the shot speed etc up for the pre season games and hey presto by leafue game 10 pretty much a starter

cheap way to play the game i know pretty much cheating on the friendlies just want to stay at Villa lol

• 2 weeks later...

I am playing career mode for the last time as Villa and with 10 games left in the season, Clark said he was unsettled. Then with 1 match left, he says he needs to leave because he feels homesick. He grew up in Bedforshire! Plus he has been part of Villa's youth team since he was just a child. FFS EA

• Like 1

I am playing career mode for the last time as Villa and with 10 games left in the season, Clark said he was unsettled. Then with 1 match left, he says he needs to leave because he feels homesick. He grew up in Bedforshire! Plus he has been part of Villa's youth team since he was just a child. FFS EA

Whats worse is when a player says he has to leave because hes homesick and then the club sells him to one of your rivals.

Whats worse is when a player says he has to leave because hes homesick and then the club sells him to one of your rivals.

Weimann has done that to me previously and then was sold to Liverpool for the same exact reasons...

I am gonna try offering Clark a new contract because he actually develops quite well. He is a 77 right now. 

Determined to get to retirement in at least one career save before trading up for FIFA 15. Half-way through the 10th season on a Villa save, Grealish is the sole survivor of the original squad and has topped out at 87 but now plays second fiddle to youth team graduate Peter Boyle (23 years old, 88 rated and rising). At this point, most of the team is packed with earlier youth team graduates and regens signed from other teams, the only real world players left in my team are Daniel Bentley (best young English goalkeeper in the game), Serge Gnabry, Nico Brandenburger, Will Hughes and Youri Tielemans. I'm looking to integrate the fantastically named "Johnny Dallas" into central midfield next season, another from the youth team who's now good enough to join Boyle, "Mark Lawless" and "Izale Collins" in the starting XI.

I do enjoy how silly the game gets with the extremes of height on regen players; I've just bought a Danish CB called Anders Fengar, 20 years old, rated 77 with pace, strength and jumping all in the 80's and he's 6'7.  :blink:

Got more money than sense at this point too, ~£160m in the bank with £700k wage budget. It was actually easier to accrue that kind of money in FIFA 13, but the principle is the same; never sell for less than twice the market value and always scout for players in the last year of their contract. Got £70m for Benteke when I eventually sold him to PSG at the age of 29 (oh yeah, always sell players before they reach 30; EA still haven't fixed their Logan's Run approach to coding player retirement  :rolleyes:). I would have pocketed £90m for Will Hughes but the albino-looking bastard wouldn't agree terms with Man City. :rant:

Also England manager, but to be honest I use that predominantly as a means to bypass the obfuscated ratings and scout the best English talent. You just go to the International Squad Selection screen and search for whatever age/rating you want, it's great. You can even see the overall rating of any English players that are in your youth squad as well.

Â