FIFA 14

hogso

Look who I just got in one of those free world cup packs. This is insane.

f6275407ff80f136ae23336f03f2cc28.png

:( my pack luck has been bollocks this year. My rare card in those packs is nearly always a contract or a physio! 

Since the market is so high right now, I decided to just sell him and I got 2.75 million for him! I have around 5.8 million coins and I have no idea what to do with it.

I'll have it, I've never even had over 100,000 coins in any FUT!

Since the market is so high right now, I decided to just sell him and I got 2.75 million for him! I have around 5.8 million coins and I have no idea what to do with it.

I'll have it, I've never even had over 100,000 coins in any FUT!

I'll make you a deal and this goes for anyone on here as well. Make me a squad for around 5-5.5 million coins, and I will give you 100.000 coins as a thank you if I decide to use it or a certain player if you want one. I have been trying to make a team the past few days but I just cannot decide on one. I wanted to use Robben as a striker and I was about to purchase his 91 rated card (92 rated is not worth 500k more just for a point added on each stat) but I was in a bidding war for over 10 minutes and I just said screw it. I also made a really good Serie A team for less than 5 million which I was very tempted to make. I am really open to any team aside from Premier League. I had a full TOTY Premier League team this year already.

I am on xbox by the way!

Everyone knows the highest rated squads almost always play like turd.

Bronze bench it!

Sigh, a tactic for the scared, under 12's and KSI wannabees ;)

Nah they just make extremely expensive sweat teams

Weimann handed in a transfer request, on form, and I negotiate a fee with Everton on £10m but then the board say they sold him for £6m to Liverpool. And then they expect me to get Euro League with a slightly poor squad with only £11m then they sell one of my star players for a shit money. **** off

Weimann handed in a transfer request, on form, and I negotiate a fee with Everton on £10m but then the board say they sold him for £6m to Liverpool. And then they expect me to get Euro League with a slightly poor squad with only £11m then they sell one of my star players for a shit money. **** off

So the Villa board are **** imbeciles? Bonus points to EA for attention to detail.

• Like 3

That happened to me. Same exact scenario. I had an amazing season my first year in charge. Weimann went up to like a 79 or 80 and then said he wanted to leave despite getting messages from him saying "I don't know where all this speculation is coming from. I love it here!" Then at the end of season, boom I want to leave boss. So I am like fine I can get probably around 20 million if I really push it, but no, he gets sold to Liverpool for less than 10. Bastard didn't even start for them ;)

In my own bitterness, I ended up buying Weimann back for less than 5 million the following season and I did not play him unless I absolutely had to.

• Like 1

There are ways around that.  Basically as soon as the news reports start flashing up that one of your players is homesick or whatever, the only surefire way to stop them leaving is to agree a new contract before the next transfer window rolls round.  Sometimes that will be as simple as adding another year on at the same wage level and sometimes you'll have to give them a bump in wages to convince them (if a massive hike is required, I normally make it a 5 year contract so at least you're tying the player down for longer).  

Use options like the 20% performance bonus and squad role to sweeten the deal and offer them an additional £5k each time they refuse and eventually they'll sign.  As I said, if I have to start offering them an additonal £10k or over, I make the contract a 5 year one as with enough money on the table, ultimately the player will always sign regardless of the contract length.

You can always take your chances and see if the player decides to stay, but if they they want out you basically need to sell them as quickly as possible or the board will sell them out from under you, normally within the first 8-10 days of the window and always for less than the market value.  The other workaround is as soon as player agitates for a move, list them for loan.  What will normally happen is the first offer you get when the window opens is a loan one, so if you accept it you'll lose them for the rest of that campaign but they'll return next season as if nothing ever happened.  Do note that this method isn't always guaranteed, as sometimes you won't get a loan offer in time before the board sells the player.  The safest bet is always the method above.

So Benteke handed in a transfer request. Bit angry but fair dos. The worst thing? The board sell him to United for £14.5m without my consent when I could've easily got £50m for him. **** this and I can't even resign aaahhhh

So Benteke handed in a transfer request. Bit angry but fair dos. The worst thing? The board sell him to United for £14.5m without my consent when I could've easily got £50m for him. **** this and I can't even resign aaahhhh

Benteke has never handed in a request in my multiple times starting a manager mode with Villa. I have always gotten champions league after my first season so maybe that is the reason though? Every time I play though, I always get offers for benteke after the first season. I typically reject these even though they are around £50m. Benteke is the best striker in the manager mode to purchase. Always after my 2nd season in charge, Barcelona come asking for him and they offer around £60m and I give them a crazy response like £85m and they typically accept it. Then the fun of manager mode is always ruined for me somehow.

Â