FIFA 14

hogso

So Benteke handed in a transfer request. Bit angry but fair dos. The worst thing? The board sell him to United for £14.5m without my consent when I could've easily got £50m for him. **** this and I can't even resign aaahhhh

At the very least £14.5m should get you pretty close to buying Michy Batshuayi from Standard Liege, who is pretty much Benteke mk II.

So Benteke handed in a transfer request. Bit angry but fair dos. The worst thing? The board sell him to United for £14.5m without my consent when I could've easily got £50m for him. **** this and I can't even resign aaahhhh

At the very least £14.5m should get you pretty close to buying Michy Batshuayi from Standard Liege, who is pretty much Benteke mk II.
I just simmed the whole season out of anger. Managed to get Bakkali for 1.8m too which is great.

Yep, 3 days before the deadline and I also had a match on the second last day.

Got a workaround for that too, if a player hands in a request towards the end of window, save the game immediately then sim forward a couple of days to see what the board's decision is.  If they say something like "we think it's best to sell the player, please accept a bid", cancel out the game, reload from the previous point and sim forward again.  Rinse and repeat until the board's decision is "we will leave it up to you what to do with the player" (they might even say this first time).  Shouldn't take too many attempts, it's seemingly a coin-toss each and every time, no matter what your standing with the board is.  Once they leave it up to you, you don't have to accept jack and can just keep hold of the player.  Doesn't even seem to negatively affect their morale either, at least not the countless times I've gone through the process.

• Like 1

Yep, 3 days before the deadline and I also had a match on the second last day.

Got a workaround for that too, if a player hands in a request towards the end of window, save the game immediately then sim forward a couple of days to see what the board's decision is. If they say something like "we think it's best to sell the player, please accept a bid", cancel out the game, reload from the previous point and sim forward again. Rinse and repeat until the board's decision is "we will leave it up to you what to do with the player" (they might even say this first time). Shouldn't take too many attempts, it's seemingly a coin-toss each and every time, no matter what your standing with the board is. Once they leave it up to you, you don't have to accept jack and can just keep hold of the player. Doesn't even seem to negatively affect their morale either, at least not the countless times I've gone through the process.
I love you. No homo (unless you want it to be :P) haha

Played FUT for the first time in over 3 weeks today.  I went through a spell a while back where I just kept winning.  All the time.  I probably won about 50 out of 60 matches.  Since then I reckon I've won about 4 out of 60.  No idea what I'm doing wrong.

I still think I just can't play against high pressure.  Players just barrel into me and win the ball without a foul being blown whilst my guy is in a heap on the floor.  I can't play against it, and I haven't figured out how to do it myself.  Rubbish.

I find that the ball often doesn't even reach my player before it's been intercepted, or that before he's had time to control it someone has smashed into him and it's gone.

I'm often wondering if lag is an issue.  As I've got such high speed internet I'm often the home team and thus hosting the game, and so my understanding is that EA balance out the lag of the other person so the one with the fast internet ends up suffering.  Dunno if that's just cak though.

I find that the ball often doesn't even reach my player before it's been intercepted, or that before he's had time to control it someone has smashed into him and it's gone.

I'm often wondering if lag is an issue.  As I've got such high speed internet I'm often the home team and thus hosting the game, and so my understanding is that EA balance out the lag of the other person so the one with the fast internet ends up suffering.  Dunno if that's just cak though.

Do you have a wireless connection to your Console?

When I used to play Fifa online I used to suffer with lag. No matter how good my connection was there was always a slight delay which seriously affects your performance. There's only so much you can do when everything reacts late.

Anyway, eventually I plugged my PS3 directly into my router with a wire and it worked perfectly.

Just a thought.

Router's in the other room.  I did have a homeplug but it was making it worse when I switched to the Xbox One so I went back to wireless.  It does seem that my players react and shoot a split second too late.

I'm done for FIFA14 anyway now.  The Xbox is boxed up ready to be collected and shipped to Canada on Weds and won't get there for 3 months so it'll be FIFA 15 time by then.  How much I'll get into FUT this time around I'm unsure.  I've played it a lot, but I don't think I've found myself enjoying as much as I should for something I've devoted so much time to.

I need to look at what other games I can get stuck into too - the new house has a home cinema in the basement so I wouldn't mind getting set up in there and enjoying the big screen / surround sound combo.  A remake/sequel for RDR would do nicely!

Really annoyed that Villa have given me only £9.5m in my 3rd season and they expect me to get 4th -_-

I am actually doing a manager mode right now. I got £9.4 for the january transfer window in my first season just asking! The crazy deals I have been getting is insane. I have prospects for are going to be 80+ rated on less than £10k a week. 

Gundogan or Shaqiri? I need a great cm and shaqiri is still good only 13m and gundogan 20.8m. May request more funds hopefully they'll give it the tight bastards!

Gundogan is one of the best CMs in the game.

• Like 1

I'll put it on here as to not fill up the FIFA 15 thread.

I basically have the top 100 or so players in Serie A, plus the PSG team minus Ibra because he costs millions, then a few randoms like Aubameyang. My current squad is 142 players, so it's not like I use all my coins on a 18 main squad or anything, I just collect the Serie A guys. I've made 44k on trading profit overall.

Cost of my top players.

Cavani - 3.4k, Thiago Silva - 13k, Chiellini - 4.3k, Buffon - 3.9k, Lavezzi - 22.5k, Vidal - 4.4k, Hamsik - 900, Marchisio - 1.2k, De Rossi - 1.9k

If you want an entire team of the very, very best players on the game then yeah it will be a lot harder. But you can easily get a good squad on this for very minimal amounts. I've only paid over 10k for 2 players, you get 15k coins for winning division one which is enough to buy 4 Cavani's. O fcourse the very best players with a tonne of pace like Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, etc are going to cost a tonne. Otherwise the game would be pretty pointless as everyone would have them. If it were easier to get coins, it wouldn't mean you could get these players anyways. Because if it were easier, the market prices would be far higher.

I'm not saying I have an incredibly great team, but mostly World class players and I put it together for a very minimal amount. FUT is basically all about pace anyway and you can put up guys like Cuadrado for the cost of playing (not even needing to win!) about 2/3 games. If you're wanting in forms, player of the seasons and the very best then you either have to get lucky or work hard for it (playing games, market trading).

Biggest problem with FUT is the ability to pay real money for stuff though and a large portion of the players do that and end up with ridiculous teams.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Â