Boston bombing

drat01

NY Post saying police are guarding a suspect in a hospital...

Again, the Post is a crap tabloid, so pinch of salt

Not a jihadi then.

**** hell, it's both legs, I didn't see that at first.

Terrible but at least he's alive and the damage is low so he'll walk again, truly incredible what they can do with prosthetics now after having 10 years of R & D and 1000's of squaddies coming back with similar injuries to practice on.

He wasn't walking before, either... looks like a wheelchair racer (unless they just used racing wheelchair to move him).

I don't think the explosions hit many racers, it was the people in the stands who were hit. 

CBS (probably the most reliable of the US networks in this instance, what with being the only of the US networks that owns their Boston affiliate) reporting that the JFK Library explosion was not a bomb.

CBS (probably the most reliable of the US networks in this instance, what with being the only of the US networks that owns their Boston affiliate) reporting that the JFK Library explosion was not a bomb.

I'm hearing "fire," as well.

Looking at the footage that has come out so far full marks to the local emergency services, they seem to have handled this in a very calm, measured and professional way.  Horrible way to find out whether you've got your s**t together in terms of disaster planning but fair play, they're good.

• Like 2

Looking at the footage that has come out so far full marks to the local emergency services, they seem to have handled this in a very calm, measured and professional way.  Horrible way to find out whether you've got your s**t together in terms of disaster planning but fair play, they're good.

There would have been a fair number of Massachusetts National Guardsmen (reserve soldiers) deployed, many/most of which with Iraq/Afghanistan experience.

Folks making the connection with tax day are forgetting that Patriots' Day defers tax day till tomorrow in Massachusetts.

Â