Boston bombing

drat01

Of course, the irony is that Boston is the home to a lot of 2nd 3rd generation Irish, and was a popular fundraising centre for the IRA.  Much of the IRA funds for the their campaigns through the 70's and 80's were paid for by "proud patriots" in Boston bars.

No idea where the ongoing splinter groups get their funds these days, but if any still came in from here, this will kill it stone dead.

So you are saying this was a Loyalist bomb attack? smh

Of course, the irony is that Boston is the home to a lot of 2nd 3rd generation Irish, and was a popular fundraising centre for the IRA. Much of the IRA funds for the their campaigns through the 70's and 80's were paid for by "proud patriots" in Boston bars.

No idea where the ongoing splinter groups get their funds these days, but if any still came in from here, this will kill it stone dead.

It's a horrible thing to say, but it's also one of the first things I thought of when I heard about this too.

My boss was running in this.

Haven't heard anything from him yet, but he's got a finishing time online so hopefully that means he wasn't around at the time. Scary though.

Tragic scenes regardless.

They did a sweep just a few hours before the race.

A hotel is a pretty good location I guess. You're expected to bring in large bags, but no one checks them. check in just before they explode, fool proof.

Didn't the Police do a sweep before the race? I'd imagine they would, being a high profile event and all. If so CCTV footage around the finish line (plenty of it, I'm sure) should show up who brought it along.

They did sweep it, and it was deemed clear and safe. Which suggests that someone walked into the area with the bombs

Â