Boston bombing

drat01

Third explosion?

If you mean at the library, it's been confirmed to be a controlled explosion by the bomb squad.

It's been nearly 3 hours, I think it's safe to say at this point that we won't see any more explosions.

People are so desensitized to casualty numbers, anymore, that it hardly registers at timesbut that's a real guy who'll never walk on his legs again. What cause is worth doing that to people, on any scale, whether in single digits or by the millions?

Obligatory Reddit link.  It actually contains a ton of relevant stuff. 

Police/Fire Department scanner

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe

Boston Globe Twitter feed. Confirms third explosion at the library.  Confirms 2 dead 64 injured at the moment. 

Edited by The_Rev

Agree that it looks like it'll be a non al Qaeda sympathiser. There was a lot of stuff surrounding the race to do with the Newtown massacre apparently - right wing gun nut possibly?

Whoever, a sick individual.

Yeah, it looks like reports that the third explosion were confused. There was a controlled explosion, but the JFK explosions was not controlled, so we're up to 3, plus a fourth controlled.

NY Post saying police are guarding a suspect in a hospital...

Again, the Post is a crap tabloid, so pinch of salt

Not a jihadi then.

**** hell, it's both legs, I didn't see that at first.

Terrible but at least he's alive and the damage is low so he'll walk again, truly incredible what they can do with prosthetics now after having 10 years of R & D and 1000's of squaddies coming back with similar injuries to practice on.

Edited by Awol

People are so desensitized to casualty numbers, anymore, that it hardly registers at timesbut that's a real guy who'll never walk on his legs again. What cause is worth doing that to people, on any scale, whether in single digits or by the millions?

The scale thing is absolutely true.  We are also more sympathetic to incidents in similar cultures/English speaking countries too.  I mean there were bombs in Baghdad today which killed 30+ people and not much was said.   It's just the way we are as human beings I guess. 

Agree that it looks like it'll be a non al Qaeda sympathiser. There was a lot of stuff surrounding the race to do with the Newtown massacre apparently - right wing gun nut possibly?

Whoever, a sick individual.

JFK library also hit. Leading Democrat...political target, maybe?  Sorry, probably shouldn't be speculating yet but I'm thinking right wing extremist(s).

Friend was running the marathon. She was at 25 miles.

They're trying to get out, evacuating everyone out of the area.

From the look of where it's happened it's helpers/people on sidelines who have been injured/killed

The scale thing is absolutely true.  We are also more sympathetic to incidents in similar cultures/English speaking countries too.  I mean there were bombs in Baghdad today which killed 30+ people and not much was said.   It's just the way we are as human beings I guess. 

Yeah that's the crazy thing. 

Bombs went of in Baghdad today and humans were killed but we don't really care.

I think humans will never be at peace with each other until we all have actual empathy for each other. 

My boss was running in this.

Haven't heard anything from him yet, but he's got a finishing time online so hopefully that means he wasn't around at the time. Scary though.

Tragic scenes regardless.

Bomb went off at 4 hours and 10 minutes if that's any help. 

Edited by Milfner

Â