Boston bombing

drat01

By the sound of things it was a low explosion - there are apparently a lot of people who have lost legs, but few who have been killed - left under a table in a window maybe? I wonder if this is more a local looney than a more organised terrorist group.

Not sure how reliable the NY post are, but they're reporting 12 deaths.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

A couple of Americans I've been speaking to say that the NY Post is about as reliable as the Express, so hopefully this isn't accurate.

That's not far off. For what it's worth, I tend to refer to BBC coverage before I even look at American news outlets.

Explosion now at JFK library Boston.

Any comments on if it's a controlled or  unpredicted one?

Edit: CBS are reporting the third explosion was a controlled explosion, one of the previously reported 2 found bombs. expect another one.

Edited by Davkaus

Total speculation but it wasn't a big blast wave from the first explosion and no windows appeared to shatter in the immediate vicinity. Probably home made (certainly not military grade Semtex/C4 type) explosive which would also fit with ball bearings being added as additional shrapnel to give it more punch. Lethal close up (or if exploding in a confined space like a tube train) but not a "mass killer" in the open air.  First guess would be domestic extremists of some flavour but not a pukka AQ job by the looks of it.

Still bastards whoever did it.

Â