Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Don't think he'd be the type of striker PL is looking for personally.

I think it all comes down to whether he wants to bring in this Number 10 attacking midfielder to link up play. If we did that, then odds are we would stop lumping the ball up the pitch to a target man.

• Like 1

Wien want about €5m for him and Hoffenheim are close to matching their valuation apparently.

He's only 24 so would fit into Lamberts young and hungry policy, clearly talented and I'm sure Andi would be able to give him a nudge in the right direction if needs be.

Just saw people on Twitter talking about him being linked, not sure where from and probably B/S, but he has Lambert written all over him.

Generali must be Austrian for Lambert

Not being funny but some of the defending there in that video makes our lot of last season look like Vidic and Ferdinand in their prime.

Of course Richard, I completely agree - although I suppose it will always be the case when we see these players from the 'lesser' respected leagues from around Europe.

Still, he certainly knows where the net is and a signing like that seems more probable than signing a more well known name.

Hosiner looks a bit like Javier Hernandez from that vid, would be an interesting signing. Very different to Benteke though.

Thing is benteke is an exception, its very rare you get such a big powerful player who also has ability with the ball at his feet and the abiility to finish.

Its pointless looking for an outright like for like benteke replacement, we need someone who can put the ball in the net 10/15 times a season and hope gabby and weimann score more and helenius get to grips with the prem.

Edited by Jimzk5

Got a feeling that come the end of August - despite our early promise - this is going to be a horrendous transfer window.

All the other bloody teams seem to be signing good players that people mention here!! Agh!!!

Got a feeling that come the end of August - despite our early promise - this is going to be a horrendous transfer window.

All the other bloody teams seem to be signing good players that people mention here!! Agh!!!

that's what most of us thought last summer as well, when we were signing unkown players like westwood, lowton and Benteke.

or last winter when we got Sylla

I don't think anyone is questioning those players today

(granted we also got Bennett or Dawkins)

Yeah couldn't agree more- problem with the players we have signed, they are all bargain unknowns - we have no idea how they will perform. Throw in the probable loss of Benteke and against all odds the squad looks weaker than last season.

Edited by smetrov

Indeed Smetrov.

I'm not trying to be negative on purpose here, I want to be positive and I am excited about seeing what our team can do next season with the new lads... But, Really?! Can't we just sign one name that people know to really get some excitement going here?!! I'm so annoyed when I see teams like Southampton, Swansea and others bringing in big named players.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to be negative on purpose here, I want to be positive and I am excited about seeing what our team can do next season with the new lads... But, Really?! Can't we just sign one name that people know to really get some excitement going here?!! I'm so annoyed when I see teams like Southampton, Swansea and others bringing in big named players. 

Julio Cesar

Chris Samba

Andy Johnson

Estban Granero

Park Ji Sung

Jose Bosingwa

they are all big names signed by one club last season and look what happened. I fear for Southampton I really do and their "big money" signings

• Like 3

Julio Cesar

Chris Samba

Andy Johnson

Estban Granero

Park Ji Sung

Jose Bosingwa

they are all big names signed by one club last season and look what happened. I fear for Southampton I really do and their "big money" signings

But, they got Wanyama! We should have got Wanyama! :( ....

I don't want us to spend rediculous money on 15 new players fees and wages... Just 1 player would do me nicely. And it doesn't even have to be £20million... 8mill would be enough to excite me greatly these days!!

Funny how nobody was moaning a few weeks ago, few weeks later back to moaning.

Typical Villa fans.

That's only because we are about to lose our main asset again... Puts us back to square one almost?

Funny how nobody was moaning a few weeks ago, few weeks later back to moaning.

Typical Villa fans.

That's only because we are about to lose our main asset again... Puts us back to square one almost?

Trust Lambert. I don't think we'll be battling relegation next season. 

Julio Cesar

Chris Samba

Andy Johnson

Estban Granero

Park Ji Sung

Jose Bosingwa

But, they got Wanyama! We should have got Wanyama! :( ....

I don't want us to spend rediculous money on 15 new players fees and wages... Just 1 player would do me nicely. And it doesn't even have to be £20million... 8mill would be enough to excite me greatly these days!!

and they paid 14 million for him and he is just another NRC. Id rather take Sylla than Wanyama for the price that both went for

Well its looking like Bent could be gone by the weekend as Pardew has been quoted today as saying he expects one of his signings to be wrapped up by the time they play there next friendly which is on Saturday. There is also reports that Hutton is going to Mallorca on a permanent deal. As well as them two, Given suppossedly has the offer of joining Doncaster on loan with us probably paying some of the wage. 

So if everything works out like that we could have roughly 100k a week off the wage bill by the weekend. Its been reported that we wont be signing anymore players until we get rid of a few so I'd be hopeful that we might start getting a few players coming in next week or soon after.