Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I was going to say he looks like he could get a cruciate injury and sure enough, a quick wiki tells me he has had a few already and he's 21. I also don't think his silly trick stuff would fly in the Prem. In fact it mostly doesn't even work in that video against crap opposition. He has had a trial with Man Citeh that didn't work out for him. We won't be seeing him in Brazil sadly.

I like how the third "highlight" quickly cuts to the fourth one after he's given possession away for no reason other than being a flashy tw*t, but then the fourth clip is even worse as he knocks the ball harmlessly out of play when there was the perfectly good option of laying a short pass back to #5 to whip the cross in.

Edited by GarethRDR

It was his through balls down the middle I was most impressed with, the flashy stuff I imagine he does because the opposition are shite and he is given the time to do it. The Man City deal was work permit issues and they are still interested in him according to quotes on wiki.

• Like 1

Team is looking a lot stronger

I think the squad is looking stronger but the first team looks barely effected - Okore for Baker/Clark and thats about it

Good stuff so far but I'd like to see another couple that are confirmed first teamers - Luna and a really good CM (unless Lambo think Gardener is ready for that role)

How much are Bents and Irelands combined wages?

I think thats the stratagy here, to replace them with two quality signings on less wages and whom will improve and fit easily into  the first team.

how much longer do we have to wait for luna!!

i was hoping to get home from work today with the most suitable headline :)

still, regarding the team, id be happy to see zoggy leave providing we find a proper playmaker to go straight into the 11, otherwise hes worth keeping

LB, id like to see clark back up to luna with both bennett and stevens sold, yes i know this wont happen, we all have different opinions on clarks best position, at least wwe can all agree thats its not CB, lol

baker id like to see stay in the 11, i think hes earned it well, okore will probably end up partnering him most of the season anyway

As a few have previously stated - I definitely think the squad has been improved but other than Okore and Luna (when/if he signs) I can't see any of the others improving our starting 11. A bit of creative guile in the midfield is vital in my opinion, someone like a Belhanda or Praet (I appreciate both may be a tad unrealistic).

It's not even July yet though, so I'd expect to see plenty of outgoings with perhaps 1 or 2 new faces which will hopefully improve the starting line up rather than just the squad.

Have a look at Jakub Kosecki of Legia Warsaw on YouTube. 22 years old. Attacking midfielder. 9 goals in 23 games. Somebody will be in for this lad.

Is he the son of our full back of yesteryear....darius?

I'm thinking way ahead to next season transfer window and PL will have the base of his squad sorted after this window,

So he will be in a really good position to clear the last of the deadwood. Unfortunately, one of these youngsters will probably play well all season and we will probably lose him. At the moment looks like Benteke for 30 odd million (assuming an equally good season)

But PL will still have the bulk of his squad sorted. So I think at that point he will spend 10+ mil on some marque signings. At that point, if we are linked to Belhanda, I'll believe it!

I'm thinking way ahead to next season transfer window and PL will have the base of his squad sorted after this window,

So he will be in a really good position to clear the last of the deadwood. Unfortunately, one of these youngsters will probably play well all season and we will probably lose him. At the moment looks like Benteke for 30 odd million (assuming an equally good season)

But PL will still have the bulk of his squad sorted. So I think at that point he will spend 10+ mil on some marque signings. At that point, if we are linked to Belhanda, I'll believe it!

Indeed.... At the moment we are building the squad to a level where we have competition for places with a group of players that want to play for the club, hopefully for the next 3-4 years we can have a core with the likes of Okore, Baker, Westwood, Lowton, Weimann, Delph/Sylla, Helenius and any others we may go for.. I don't think we will keep Benteke past this season, unless he flops a little which could happen...

Exciting times :) UTV!

Indeed.... At the moment we are building the squad to a level where we have competition for places with a group of players that want to play for the club, hopefully for the next 3-4 years we can have a core with the likes of Okore, Baker, Westwood, Lowton, Weimann, Delph/Sylla, Helenius and any others we may go for.. I don't think we will keep Benteke past this season, unless he flops a little which could happen...

Exciting times :) UTV!

What makes you think we're going to be able to keep hold of all the players you mention if they keep up their rate of improvement?