Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I know you cant trust a lot of speculation but the links to players like Praet, Popov, Belhanda etc might indicate that's the area where our biggest outlay will be. I know we've signed lots of relatively cheap players who can add to the squad and provide competition for places, but I would love us to spend a bit of cash on a proper playmaker who can chip in with some goals too

I know you cant trust a lot of speculation but the links to players like Praet, Popov, Belhanda etc might indicate that's the area where our biggest outlay will be. I know we've signed lots of relatively cheap players who can add to the squad and provide competition for places, but I would love us to spend a bit of cash on a proper playmaker who can chip in with some goals too

I think this position is gonna be our marquee signing this Summer.

• Like 1

Anyone now looking forward to the exodus more than the next transfer?

Hopefully it's bye to Given, Ireland, Bent, N'Zogbia, Bannan, Albrighton, Holman and Stevens.

3rd or 4th person not to mention Hutton. He is the new Salifou :)

Anyone now looking forward to the exodus more than the next transfer?

Hopefully it's bye to Given, Ireland, Bent, N'Zogbia, Bannan, Albrighton, Holman and Stevens.

3rd or 4th person not to mention Hutton. He is the new Salifou :)

Ha whoops! An unfortunate oversight, rather than any deep-seated desire to keep him.

i bet spurs were in complete disbelief when we paid 3.5 MILLION POUNDS for Alan Hutton

Spurs were probably more in disbelief that despite somehow managing to offload him for that amount they were still about £5m down after what they paid for him in the first place.

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 3

Although I think we should get rid of Albrighton, Bannan, Holman, Delfouneso and Stevens, these guys won't cost a lot and do make an effort.

The priorities must be Ireland, Bent and Given, followed by Hutton and N'Zogbia. For what they offer the team (albeit for differing reasons), these guys must go to keep the clubs move towards financial stability going. I reckon this is why there are the unattributed quotes of "they are free to find a new club", which probably eminate from the club, about the 'big 3', with any noise about the others usually coming from the players themselves (like with Holman).

IMO Bent and Given will eventually go as they want to play football will still command good wages; Hutton will go as he has shown willingness to play, and is still a regularl international. I think Ireland and N'Zogbia will be the problems.

• Like 1

its going to be much harder to get rid of these high earners than it has been to buy new players.

i won't be surprised if half of them are still with us next season, just purely because we couldn't find anyone to take them.

its going to be much harder to get rid of these high earners than it has been to buy new players.

i won't be surprised if half of them are still with us next season, just purely because we couldn't find anyone to take them.

That might be the case but at least they haven't stopped Lambert from getting players that he actually wants to play, in. 

Sunderland have made a loan offer to Udinese for Matej Vydra, with Czech Republic striker's agent admitted a move to Wearside could appeal to his client.

The Black Cats are reportedly one of a number of Premier League clubs interested in signing the 21-year-old, who scored 22 goals while on loan with Championship side Watford last season.

Vydra's Italian club are believed to want £8m for the Czech international and his agent told The Journal that the idea of working under Sunderland boss Paolo Di Canio appeals to his client.

"It is correct that Sunderland are interested, but they are interested in a loan at the moment. They don't want to spend that money at the moment," said Ondrej Chovanec.

"Of course it is very interesting. I know Di Canio from when he was a player because I was the agent of Tomas Repka, who also played for West Ham.

"I also had a Czech Republic international, Lukas Magera, who went to Swindon.

"I think he builds a new team and he wants to get players who want to work hard and who are quick. He plays interesting football and he wants a squad that is capable of challenging for him next season.

"So it is an interesting club - but then Sunderland is always an interesting club in England.

"To work with Paolo Di Canio would be a good thing. I think he will probably end up coaching with one of the very top teams in England.

"The final decision is with Udinese Calcio and the owner Giampaolo Pozzo and there are a lot of clubs interested in this player.

"Matej is a quality player and a top player for them, so they will be looking for the best deal available. He can play in a top level and I think that is what he will be doing next season."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/8783037/Transfer-News-Sunderland-make-loan-offer-for-Udinese-striker-Matej-Vydra

Team is looking a lot stronger

I think the squad is looking stronger but the first team looks barely effected - Okore for Baker/Clark and thats about it

Good stuff so far but I'd like to see another couple that are confirmed first teamers - Luna and a really good CM (unless Lambo think Gardener is ready for that role)

Reserve keeper needed too