Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Its nice we seem to be doing our business early. Oh how I miss those halycon days of waiting with baited breath til the end of August whilst MON dithered for the likes of James Collins and Marlon Harewood. :D

This bacuna link looks like bullshit to me! I think this is because we have been so active already we are now easy target for this stuff! If true though I Hope he's not being bought as winger as he looks shite!

This bacuna link looks like bullshit to me! I think this is because we have been so active already we are now easy target for this stuff! If true though I Hope he's not being bought as winger as he looks shite!

Yes, it looks like a tenuous twitter rumour and he looks pretty rubbish on those YouTube videos.

• Like 1

Apparently this Bacuna chap has been converted into a box to box midfielder recently rather than being a winger.

We once had a player like that...

And I still want him back.

Everything was going so well, all these exciting fancy named players on their way in. Now you just gone made me sad again.

Jimmy, we're sorry, won't you come on home?

Mate, add my name to the list, would have him back in a heartbeat. Was more gutted about him leaving than Young, Barry and Downing combined!

Apparently this Bacuna chap has been converted into a box to box midfielder recently rather than being a winger.

Everything was going so well, all these exciting fancy named players on their way in. Now you just gone made me sad again.

Mate, add my name to the list, would have him back in a heartbeat. Was more gutted about him leaving than Young, Barry and Downing combined!

And me! Best Villa midfielder since Paul Merson. We've really missed him.

Same.  At least Barry and Young had done their time, Downing wasn't that good and 20m (still don't know how we managed that), But jimmy, his performance gave the team a whole new dimension as soon as he was moved to CM.

Loving all these early signings and links, so different from years past. Silent and deadly, and no whinging about "Not being held to ransom". Just pure business. 

If we sign this guy and a cheap gk + a new LB (presuming the others sign) does this mean we have a much smaller budget than we thought? 

depends.. he may want a few more after that for depth purposes.. possibly another experienced CB. another DM. Another winger.

Either that or he will be after a marquee signing ie  someone like Benteke who may cost 7-8 million

I cant see our budget being smaller than last year with all the new tv deals?

To be honest, with the type of players Lambert seems to target, I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert doesn't necessarily have a real set budget, because none of them seem to break the bank fee wise. Thinks its more so you have X amount of wage space and you can bring in however many players you want within those wage limits plus a certain portion of whatever players you sell.

Bacuna is too slow for the winger position and has a deadly shot on deadball situations but misses alot when shooting from dribbles. A very egotistical player that goes for glory and a player I don't like to see here. I'd rather go for Djuricic for that position or Sieme de Jong and maybe even Tadic. :P

Edited by SempiternalVillain