Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Not much about Aiden McGeady possible transfer here.

Few days back he gave interview to the Russian press and told that might be going to England. 

He said: I don't exclude that Spartak will sell me this transfer window. They may wish to get cash one year before my contract with the club expires.

Russian media told that Villa, WBA and Sunderland (in that order) shown interest in McGeady.

Russian media estemated possible move for 5 up to 6 million euros.

If you ignore someone for so long usually they go away. Lets hope that happens with McGeady...

McGeady is hugely over-rated. The stick I'd get if he signed for us because I've spent the past decade slating him for the Irish team so my mates know precisely what I think of him. I'd have no means of escape :)

• Like 1

McGeady is hugely over-rated. The stick I'd get if he signed for us because I've spent the past decade slating him for the Irish team so my mates know precisely what I think of him. I'd have no means of escape :)

that makes 2 of us :(

I may be remembering things wrong, but I vaguely remember Lambert mentioning an admiration for Defoe last summer. Whether that was because he was asked a question, or it was a tactic to divert attention away from our actual targets I don't know. It may be the papers linking up old stories to make a new one this summer. I hope so.

My opinion is we should steer clear of any part exchanges, especially from Spurs who have done us no favours in the past. Spurs should be made to pay top whack after the duffers they have sold to us over the years.

A 30+ one dimensional England International on massive wages with a history of moving clubs fits every criteria for players we won't be signing.

Your all missing Defoes biggest problem and that's he is always injured now.  He is quick and as his body gets older it starts to feel the effect of these bursts of pace, bit like Owen.  Defoe's best days are well behind him

A 30+ one dimensional England International on massive wages with a history of moving clubs fits every criteria for players we won't be signing.

Your all missing Defoes biggest problem and that's he is always injured now.  He is quick and as his body gets older it starts to feel the effect of these bursts of pace, bit like Owen.  Defoe's best days are well behind him

Didn't think of that, Good comparison mind.

3 :(

I may be remembering things wrong, but I vaguely remember Lambert mentioning an admiration for Defoe last summer. Whether that was because he was asked a question, or it was a tactic to divert attention away from our actual targets I don't know. It may be the papers linking up old stories to make a new one this summer. I hope so.

That is correct. IIRC, in a press conference Lambert was asked if we were in for Defoe and Kenwyn Jones.... he stated that he admired both players... then we were linked with Defoe and Jones for x amount of weeks. Then signed Benteke. I very much doubt he's interested in players like that.

4... plus hundreds of others who dont post here

Presumably Lambert will know McGeady well enough from Celtic - think they both overlapped there. He's improved slightly as a player since he's moved to Russia. He's still been piss poor for the ROI though.

My opinion is we should steer clear of any part exchanges, especially from Spurs who have done us no favours in the past. Spurs should be made to pay top whack after the duffers they have sold to us over the years.

He did say something like that, but I think he was just being polite in reponse to a question about possible signings. He isn't going to say "Defoe? Jones? Nah, they're shite."

Unless something unimaginable happens, I would gladly put my house on us not signing someone like Defoe - wrong type of player, in the wrong position, on the wrong wages, at the wrong age, with the wrong lifestyle.

The only caveat to that is that a 30 year old central defender may be considered as a short term option if the main targets weren't available. But I wouldn't expect it.

4... plus hundreds of others who dont post here

Can I vote on behalf of those that don't post here?

From the ever reliable astonvillarumours.co.uk

So dont get you bets on just yet but should be one to excite Wes nonetheless

05 Jun 2013 12:05:53
Aston villa set to bid 10 million on Danish superstar Andreas Cornelius as Aston Villa are set to sell Darren Bent herd this from some close sources to Aston Villa

Edited by villaglint