Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

How have you lot got hold of Alex McLeish's scouting list? :)

I recently overhead him talking in Tesco......

Was he wearing a suit?

Indeed he was. 

Just wanted to make sure he wasn't working there, I heard they had a managers vacancy available.

James McCarthy whats the chances of us getting him

No chance . He's valued at £10m . Lambert doesn't do expensive. He's a true Scot.

Well hes the right age and has a grest attitude so ticks the boxes. I think we would pay 10-12 if the right player was available. Would have to ne special though which i think McCarthy is.

How have you lot got hold of Alex McLeish's scouting list? :)

I recently overhead him talking in Tesco......

Was he wearing a suit?

Indeed he was. 

Just wanted to make sure he wasn't working there, I heard they had a managers vacancy available.

He was deep in conversation with another suited guy. Mentioned something about Bent signing for Liverpool.....

No chance . He's valued at £10m . Lambert doesn't do expensive. He's a true Scot.

Well hes the right age and has a grest attitude so ticks the boxes. I think we would pay 10-12 if the right player was available. Would have to ne special though which i think McCarthy is.

Its an interesting point whether Lambert will come further up the leagues to find talent. Less of a gamble but will have to pay a premium. 

Its an interesting point whether Lambert will come further up the leagues to find talent. Less of a gamble but will have to pay a premium.

Well if hes following Dortmunds philosophy he will. They signed 1 or 2 at around that price. As i say if the special player is available i believe he will. Age/attitude then price

I'm 99% sure he will have it in his head that if he can find players like Westwood in League Two, that it would be ridiculous to sign McCarthy for £10m from the prem (Relegated but obvs a prem player) .

I'm 99% sure he will have it in his head that if he can find players like Westwood in League Two, that it would be ridiculous to sign McCarthy for £10m from the prem (Relegated but obvs a prem player) .
Is McCarthy that good anyway? Can't say he's ever stood out to me Edited by mikeyp102

Is McCarthy that good anyway? Can't say he's ever stood out to me

Can't see what all the hype is about either, could probably get a player that is just as good if not better from the continent if we were to spend £10m or even less on one man.

Twitter bollocks has us linked with a loan move for brazil u19 striker Lucas piazon with a view to a permanent deal. Not seen too much of him tbh.

Don't really know why I'm still looking to twitter, or even why I'm posting it on here lol.

Twitter bollocks has us linked with a loan move for brazil u19 striker Lucas piazon with a view to a permanent deal. Not seen too much of him tbh.

Don't really know why I'm still looking to twitter, or even why I'm posting it on here lol.

Would be an interesting one... he's certainly talented... cost Chelsea a lot of money without even playing a game for Sao Paulo (7m I believe)

Is he the one at Chelsea? Don't think he played much if it is

If we're going to get Petrov luring some of his fellow countrymen to play for us then I hope he starts talking to Georgi Milanov too!

McCarthy would walk into our team. He's just a better Ashley Westwood imo.

Completely different players. He's not really similar to any of our current players. Maybe Delph if I had to pick one.

Ive watched him play for chelsea u21, hes sikkkk! He was on loan to malaga for half a season.