Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I wonder if Lambert would be interested in Wes Hoolahan at Norwich? Noted that prior to the last couple of games of the season Hoolahan was benched for a period. Very comfortable on the ball but maybe too similar to Westwood?

How about a cheeky loan bid for Lukaku? Already spent a happy season in the midlands, Belgian and Chelsea bringing in a new manager so could be surplus there!

Hahaha

Chelsea paid 18m for him just 12 months ago. The kid is 3 years younger than Benteke and scored almost the same number of goals whilst often being used as an impact player off the bench.

Mourinho will use him as his new Drogba.

I wonder if Lambert would be interested in Wes Hoolahan at Norwich? Noted that prior to the last couple of games of the season Hoolahan was benched for a period. Very comfortable on the ball but maybe too similar to Westwood?

He's also about 43

I like him but is pushing 30 now and gone off boil at Norwich in last couple of months. Pilkington be better bet if wasnt so injury prone

I like him but is pushing 30 now and gone off boil at Norwich in last couple of months

Think he's just turned 31...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

"Rumors are Hull are interested in signing Bent. I heard it from a pretty reliable source so hopefully its true."

I would doubt Bent would be interested in signing for them HeyAnty and that they would be able to get near to the fee we want or to his wage demands. Hull are likely to be playing Small Heath both this season (in a friendly) and next (in the league below us) and would we want to sell to a potential rival in the relegation mire which would make them stronger?

Not really serious on the last point by the way (says me hiding behind the sofa) because if we need to start the season seeing Hull on an even playing field to us we have really sunk to a new low..

I think he may move abroad or to a Fulham type club. I think we may need to lower the price so he does not take a drop in his wages to make the deal happen and would guess at us getting around £5m - £8m for him which is more about the way his stock at our club has dropped than his ability to get goals has decreased. We sold the players that fed him and that he joined us to play with and have now introduced a new playing style that does not suit his style. If he does go shortly I hope we will not by the start of the season be without him and also Benteke and/or Weimann. That would be a real doomsday scenario.

Edited by John

I doubt Benty would go to Hull - I think he'll have a better offer from elsewhere.

As for Hoolahan - I very much doubt that Lambert will even be looking at signing any of their players given how much of a bitch their chairman was about him going. 

Hull had bid accepted when he went left Spurs and if remember threw a tantrum on Twitter that he didnt want to go there

Is that so? Even if, I guess the situation is very different now than it was back then. If they can afford him I can see him go there as he would get regular play time and be their star player.

Hull had bid accepted when he went left Spurs and if remember threw a tantrum on Twitter that he didnt want to go there

Having been to Hull, I can't say I blame him.

• Like 1

He's probably the most useful of our fringe players and he's the last one I'd get rid of - given that we don't know what his wages are like. But I certainly wouldn't mind him going to an ambitious club like either of those two.

• Like 3

I'd quite like Zoggy to be played more to be honest. I think he can do a good job for us still, as shown against Fulham. He's a good alternative when Weimann isn't on form. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

N'Zogbia blows too much hot and cold and has his frustating habits of running at the opponents and trying to beat too many of them, tends to be highlights player like Taarabt but not nearly that's much of trouble. I'd keep him unless we have better player in sights and we can get a good deal on N'Zog.

Edited by Jarpie

Bent to Hull I dunno wasn't Bruce rather scathing on him leaving Sunderland for us ?

For me Fulham looks a good shout,West Ham maybe if they don't get Carroll or a promoted team.

He's probably the most useful of our fringe players and he's the last one I'd get rid of - given that we don't know what his wages are like. But I certainly wouldn't mind him going to an ambitious club like either of those two.

would agree with this about keeping him. As he came from Wigan I also imagine he wouldnt be on a huge contract like other dossers in the past were on